Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-24-2009, 2:12 PM Reply   
Blown ACL.

Anyone who knows her knows that she can't sit still for 5 minutes! She loves to ride like no one else. I'm concerned about Scott and Andreas sanity for the next 6 months.

Get well soon
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-24-2009, 2:17 PM Reply   
That sucks, snow or wake? Hope your recovery is smooth.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-24-2009, 2:34 PM Reply   
get well soon andrea.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-24-2009, 2:43 PM Reply   
OUCH! Say it aint so = (

Andrea absolutely rips on glass and powder as does Scott but knowing them I am sure she will be back on the water tearing it up by mid summer. I wish you nothing but the best Andrea, may you have a safe/speedy/healthy recovery.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-24-2009, 3:33 PM Reply   
Andrea cased in the snow park.
Old     (moman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-24-2009, 3:48 PM Reply   
Andrea, I hope it wasn't too bad. I'm sure you know the drill. God's speed on your recovery.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-24-2009, 3:50 PM Reply   
Andrea- We're all rooting for a quick recovery. Take care of yourself and we'll see you on the water this summer.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-24-2009, 4:31 PM Reply   
Oh no. Get well Andrea. The DRAs won't be the same without you.
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-24-2009, 5:01 PM Reply   
I saw this on the "Rumor Mill" thread... sad news for someone who so much passion for the sport.

Come back even stronger Andrea!!!

-Uj
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-24-2009, 5:48 PM Reply   
stay strong home girl, rehab that s--t like you mean business. keep us posted on your surgery and let see some scar pics!!! were all pullin for for ya!
Old    walt            01-24-2009, 8:10 PM Reply   
Get well soon.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-24-2009, 11:53 PM Reply   
She'll be back by summer. She's pressing the surgery ASAP so she can get re-habbed and riding.

When I saw her today she was bummin' a bit about missing snowboarding season. Luckily for her she isn't missing much this year.

Get well soon, Girlie....
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-25-2009, 3:48 PM Reply   
If anyone has the heart to come back stronger then before she does!

Hope you have a speedy recovery!
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-25-2009, 4:47 PM Reply   
Awww, Thanks Jarrod and everyone else for the kind words and support. It means a lot and helps me keep my chin up!

J-Rod, you know me too well- I don't know what life is like to not be on a board for more than a week, let alone 6 months! It's definitely gonna be more a mental challenge for me than anything else. I guess all that energy will go into re-habbing it strong...I've been doing as much pre-op stregnthening as it will allow me to do.

BTW...Its crucial to my sanity that you guys all still call me if you need a third or extra company, there's no place I'd rather be (riding or not) than on a boat:-)
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-25-2009, 5:57 PM Reply   
That sucks. Good luck with the recovery. You'll be back stronger then ever I'm sure.
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-26-2009, 12:57 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear Andrea, I am sure you will keep positive as usual.

Hopefully the conditioning from P90X will help in the recovery?
Old     (deltagrubber)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-26-2009, 1:01 PM Reply   
Wow, sorry to hear!! You'll be stronger than ever when you return,I'm sure!! Keep up the positive stoke!
BTW,I finally got my gal to wear the Smith sunglasses I got from you over a year ago!!! Thanks mucho!!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-26-2009, 1:35 PM Reply   
Ughhh I hate hearing about knee injuries. I want to file a complant against the knee for being the worst designed joint on the human body!
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-26-2009, 1:55 PM Reply   
I am waiting for a knee brace company to come out with some sweet shock absorbers on the side of the brace. That would be pretty crazy!
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-26-2009, 2:58 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear that Andrea. All the best!
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-26-2009, 3:04 PM Reply   
Ouch...thats a tough one.

you'll be back no time. 6 months will go by quick rehabbing the hell outta that knee...
Old     (woundedknee)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-26-2009, 3:13 PM Reply   
bummer dude..... get well

woundedknee
Old     (jd5150)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-28-2009, 12:29 PM Reply   
Andrea get well soon....much love from da 5150 Family!!!
Old     (kellen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-29-2009, 7:47 AM Reply   
Good luck and speedy recovery from the LPPC!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-02-2009, 11:11 AM Reply   
Andrea is under the knife right now.

Good luck my friend. Post an update when the drugs wear off and you're felling better.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-02-2009, 11:21 AM Reply   
Good luck, I hope the recovery goes well and you and Scott are in good spirits.
Old     (scott313)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-02-2009, 6:01 PM Reply   
Andrea is home and passed out with her knee wrapped in ice on a PCM machine. The surgery went well - ACL replacement and miniscus repair. She's on crutches for the next 4 weeks and can't wait to start rehab!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-02-2009, 6:06 PM Reply   
Thanks for the update Scott, wishing her a full & speedy recovery.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-03-2009, 8:18 AM Reply   
scotty hit me up if you guys need anything. i live just right around the corner now
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-03-2009, 10:51 PM Reply   
Girl...you will be back out there faster than anyone else. Take care and see you out there on the snow and H2O soon.
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-03-2009, 11:16 PM Reply   
It's just like an oil change these days Andrea. We'll see ya soon, take care and wish u a quick recovery. If you don't know Andrea she is a hard charger and goes huge. She also is one of the most well rounded riders I have ever ridden with. She does every trick reg and switch and I can hardly tell what is her normal stance. I know Scott will take the best care of you and hope to see you riding again this summer.
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-04-2009, 4:16 PM Reply   
haha brodie, thats good. Yeah, my knees have put up with a lot from me over the years, guess they deserve a tune-up and this little break. I told my Dr. to give me the "works" and he hooked it up!

All is well, except the torturous pain I have endured for the pat 36 hours, hopefully the worst is behind me and it keeps getting better! Dr. said my new ACL went in perfect and he was able to spare my meniscus by repairing it instead of removing it, which is great except I can't walk on it for the next month. He says Ill be 100% back to riding hard once I rehab and heal!

Thanks again for all the love and support you guys, it means the world, and I can't wait to see you all on the water real soon!
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       02-04-2009, 4:30 PM Reply   
You Rock Chick,

Will be calling you in a few weeks to get you out on the water be safe and keep up the Rehab. The worst is over even though some days might not feel like it.
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-04-2009, 6:53 PM Reply   
Get well Andrea.
I had the same thing done to my knee where my doc repaired my meniscus. 6 weeks of crutches sucked but I'm glad it was not removed.

Hope you heal up well and you're riding sooner than later.

Tim
Old     (reckless)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-04-2009, 9:28 PM Reply   
andrea,
im pretty sure we had the same surgery. did you do the patella graft?
most painful thing ever isnt it?
right when i got out of surgery i have never been in so much pain!
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-05-2009, 9:18 AM Reply   
Hi Anna

I went with the donor allograft instead of the patella. I heard the patella is really painful for the first month. I think most of my pain is coming from the meniscus repair, you got that too, right?

I was okay the first night, but once that nerve block wore off...yeow! Today is day 3 and it is getting better, but Im still knocking back pain killers every 4-5 hours.Oh, hey, are you on the CPM machine? If so, did it start hurting as you increased degrees? Mine was not too painful until I got to 50 degrees, than it started to hurt- just wondering if I should back off or keep pushing it.
Old     (eyedvride)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-05-2009, 9:25 AM Reply   
Sorry to hear about the knees. I had both of mine done last year only 4 weeks between surgeries.

I got better range on the cpm after icing and getting the swelling down. If i did it swollen it felt like the knee was going to explode when I pushed it. I hated that cpm. I didn't even use it for the second knee. I just sat on the arm of my couch and used my other foot behind the fresh surgery knee and flexed it thru its range. I did better with out the cpm. It helps though.

I thought I was able to get my quad firing better by doing the sets on the side of the couch though.

Good luck, brings back some bad memories.
Old     (reckless)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-05-2009, 2:00 PM Reply   
Yeah they repaired my miniscus. And I didn't get the machine because my doctor said I can't bend my knee for 4 weeks and if I do bend it I'm only aloud 15 degrees.