Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (wannagowakin)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-28-2004, 12:06 PM Reply   
we now have a slider, im hitting it this weekend, any tips? thanx in advance
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-28-2004, 1:15 PM Reply   
Wear a helmet, be prepared for your board to get jacked up, keep the handle pulled in and as low as possible, like down around your knees, and keep your eyes on the far end of the slider where you want to drop off, instead of looking at the point where you're gonna get on. Have fun.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-28-2004, 2:15 PM Reply   
I'd also say lean forward, do not lean back or you will skip onto your ass. It's not like a board slide on the water, you want to be perfectly centered over the board. Have fun. Use a beater board.
Old     (98_searay)      Join Date: May 2004       05-28-2004, 3:38 PM Reply   
i agree with the helmet trust me i have seen ppl go down hard( i film and make movies for ppl) and and if you have an old board also ues that oh and have fun post some pics of u using the slider!
Old     (wannagowakin)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-28-2004, 5:54 PM Reply   
ill definetly try to post pics and i got a helmet and everything, me and my cousin have a 99 juvi 131, should it hold up for a little while
Old     (mcelhek)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-29-2004, 9:26 AM Reply   
I youve ever ridden rails on a snowboard... that transfers over... you probably wont go out the front (like soneone said, keep your weight forward) it'll be a lot more slippery than water.
-K
Old     (wannagowakin)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-29-2004, 9:44 AM Reply   
yes, i have ridden rails on a snowboard, they were made out of PVC pipe, so im used to the slick, but thats what u get in the midwest
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-29-2004, 9:21 PM Reply   
Rails on a wakeboard are a lot easier then rails on a snowboard because the board is wider and therefore, keeping your weight perfectly centered is slightly less crucial. That said, it is true that the rail is a lot slicker than the water. Most folks ride a wakeboard on water leaning back against the pull of the rope, and when you hit that slider in that same position, your board will go ZING!!! right out from under you. Just keep your weight centered over the balls of your feet and you'll be fine.
Old     (wannagowakin)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-31-2004, 6:57 PM Reply   
thanx guys, keep em coming