Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-18-2011, 2:29 PM Reply   
So back in Jan I posted some impressions from the Seattle Boat Show and mentioned the new Sanger Dealer in Seattle area called Granite Boat Works. At that time they were listing a loaded V215 for ~70k or something. I just got off the phone with the owner (who was extremely helpful with some perfect pass information even though I've never bought anything from them). He apparently hasn't had any luck selling the boats so far. His web site has some V215s listed:

http://www.graniteboatworks.com/boat...gory/new-boats

$51-$55k now. He said he really wants to sell them and would be lowering the price further. I don't know what the going rate on these boats are from other dealers but if you're looking for a boat it might be worth a look.

No, I don't work for him or Sanger and I get nothing either way (he doesn't even know my name). I also have no idea what a "good" price is but it sounds like he's looking to deal... *shrug*
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-18-2011, 2:50 PM Reply   
He probably had no luck because the red one he has is ugly as sin and the other one has that stupid whale tale thing on the back. Chances are he ends up going **** up seeing as he has to have insanely high overhead on Lake Union and has terrible lines of boats for the NW. I don't ever think I have seen a Bryant in Washington, Hydra sports is a southern or east coast type of boat and sangers just aren't real popular. Now maybe he ends up closing the Seattle location and goes back to just selling out of MT Vernon. What I don't understand is where this company came from. I don't think they were around 3 or 4 years ago. Do they have some sort of relationship to Sport Boats NW? That is who use to have that space on Lake Union.

If someone wants to make it selling Sangers they need a small, low overhead family type dealership. You just cna't get by with high overhead and make the smaller margins that Sangers bring in.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-18-2011, 3:28 PM Reply   
I'm the first one to say that Sanger hasn't done very well in Seattle because it's a California boat with no service in the area. But with a dealer in the area, I'm not sure why they wouldn't be as popular as they are in Cali.

Seems weird to list their sales & service # as 360.... but they are in Seattle? Do people have to take their boats miles away to have their "Service for life" honored? Maybe they can't afford the square footage on Lake Union to do service too? And how do you test drive a boat there??

The blue one has a funky rear piece on it. Not sure I care for it, but it seems like it would be good for boarders to mount up.

The red one looks pretty cool. Certainly no worse than anything put out by any of the rest of the manufacturers. Maybe it's missing a bunch of skulls all over it.

Old     (majestic)      Join Date: May 2008       07-18-2011, 4:22 PM Reply   
The location on Lake union seems vacant.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-18-2011, 4:36 PM Reply   
Well, I guess they couldn't afford to stay there.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       07-20-2011, 12:54 PM Reply   
GRANITE and BOATWORKS... hmmm a hard rock that sinks.... and boatworks... together in a name....

I think the red one looks awesome!

The Pro Shop in Longview still sells and services Sanger's I believe
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-20-2011, 1:42 PM Reply   
Word was on that shop that they are no longer stocking any new Sangers although you can apparently still order them.
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-03-2011, 4:20 PM Reply   
Looks like they really want to get rid of them... http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/2528545777.html (the red one is now 44k)
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-03-2011, 4:47 PM Reply   
Interesting. Considering how many guys rave about how great Sangers are around here, why haven't they made any impact in Seattle??

Maybe the goth looking lettering?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-03-2011, 4:52 PM Reply   
Probably a dealer who knows nothing about wakeboarding boats or how to market/support them? Lake Union and Mt Vernon aren't exactly the best places to have a wakeboard boat dealer. Put a small, low overhead dealer somewhere between Kenmore, Redmond, Issaquah, Renton, Kent and actually had someone who knows what they are doing and how to order the boats and it might have worked. For the most part, people in Seattle don't like crazy wild graphics. Clean and simple usually wins in the Seattle market from what I have seen. Black, white with small bright accents.

I think I could sell them if I had the means or want to run a boat dealer.
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-03-2011, 5:10 PM Reply   
When I was looking last year I found a new axis a22 loaded (almost?) for the same price (45k). Given the choice I would have gone with the axis. I also found an 08 sanger v215 loaded (which means pp, ballast, heater, bimini, cover, etc.) for 38,600. Given that choice I would have gone with the Sanger. I ended up buying a (very gently) used sanger v210 for 23k which is essentially half-price. I know a lot of people on here drop 70k+ on boats but I just didn't have it in me. Wakeboard boats are a tough sell up here if you ask me, the season is really short. We didn't get out on the water until July this year!

I still can't get over that whale tail on the blue one, it's just so awful, I don't know why anyone would order it. I'm sure it's functional and all that but it's really ugly! I also wouldn't really consider a red boat unless it was a genuine steal, but that's really personal preference I guess. I like the dagger graphics, though.