Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (al_d)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-13-2006, 8:29 AM Reply   
I just got back from a great week at Bullards Bar (north of Sacramento). I took the kids and their freinds camping and wakeboarding for the week. Great lake. Water 81 degrees and smooth most of the day.

Well I learned my lesson that 5 teens and pre teens with one dad is a bit much. Our anchor got stuck. I tried to pull it out using the boat. At some point, one of the kids wrapped the line around her wrist and I had to do an quick reverse to avoid ripping her hand off. At that point the line wrapped in the prop and the engine stalled. All of a sudden the wind picked up I start blowing toward the rocks.

A great family towed me to a beach where some friends of theirs were hangin out. They held my boat in place while I went under and cut out half the rope. After getting half of it off, he went down and got the rest. It took about half an hour and everyone was great.

At best I would have scratched up my new boat without the help. At worst I could have damaged my prop or hull and lost my vacation.

I said thanks about 50 times and took off to get out of the no wake zone to see if my boat would still go at full speed. I didn't go back to find him til later and he was gone. I looked for him all week to try and buy him a tank of gas or something. "Thanks" just didn't seem like enough.

I'm not sure if there is an etiquette for getting help, but I know I owe them big.

Thanks if any of you are on this board.
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-13-2006, 8:43 AM Reply   
Just keep the karma going. Help someone out when they need it and only accept a thanks. We all need some help at one time or another out there on the water and having good people around to lend a hand is a must.
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-13-2006, 8:48 AM Reply   
SOunds like a good week...well with the one exception.

I think the biggest thanks you could give is just to help someone else when they need it. No blinders! That is proper etiquette in my book. Sooner or later we're all going to depend on somebody out there.
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-13-2006, 8:48 AM Reply   
you beat me Coach! I guess I think too much

(Message edited by derby on August 13, 2006)
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-13-2006, 12:28 PM Reply   
Just remember to "PAY IT FORWARD"