Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (maxum1800mxlunan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-27-2009, 10:42 AM Reply   
hi there i am looking at fitting a subwoofer into my boat and was thinking about cutting the footrest on the passenger side and fitting the sub in there,
what is your opinions on this as i am concerned that it may be a structural part of the boat and may cause an issue.

I see everyone on here with bigger boats and have more space to play with but mines is not great in that department so thats why i thought about integrating it into the footrest.

i have an active subwoofer ready to go but by the time i put people, fatsacs and supplies in theres not much room for it.

i would appreciate any comments as i have been trying to figure this out for a while now.
Old     (maxum1800mxlunan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-28-2009, 2:49 AM Reply   
anyone i really am stuck with this one
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-28-2009, 3:37 AM Reply   
This site is funny this way at times.........unless you own an MC, CC or BU and are loading it with 10K worth of Pro Audio, your not worth a response from some peeps.

I doubt the footrest is a structural wall, so cutting a sub hole should not be a problem. Do you have access to the back side of that area in order to fish you wire? As long as it's not the stringers behind it, you should be ok.

Do you have a sub and amp already, if so, what are they.
Old     (maxum1800mxlunan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-28-2009, 5:42 AM Reply   
yeah i have noticed thats the case lol i wish i did have a wakeboard boat but i own the boat myself and what with fuel prices in the uk i like to get to use the boat rather than have it as a showpiece on the drive but anyways the reason i may go down this route as i have a flitrap active sub and i was planning to strip that and basically rebuild it into the footrest, i know this sounds crazy but im hoping it would work as the flitrap is useless to me just now and it gives off reasonable bass,

there is no access into the back of rest it is sealed and this is why i am a bit scared of cutting her open and finding out i cant go ahead with the plan as i dont like to do anything to my boat that will look bad as she is in excellent shape.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-28-2009, 6:14 AM Reply   
build a box, free air sucks, yes even in a 60k+ boat they still suck.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-28-2009, 10:58 AM Reply   
you can get a JL 10W3 in a sealed box up under the driver dash withOUT cutting. this leaves you room for amp(s) up under the glove box and short RCA runs to your HU.
Old     (maxum1800mxlunan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-28-2009, 11:04 AM Reply   
does it come as a package box plus sub,
and have you tried this would love pics of other peoples subs in there maxums or even bayliners just to get a rough idea of what to do
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-28-2009, 11:30 AM Reply   
you'll have to build a custom box to mfg spec, but to do it right, you'll need a box anyway. if it were me, i wouldn't cut into the glass. there's plenty of room under the driver dash to do a nice sealed 10.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-28-2009, 4:11 PM Reply   
look on your local craigslist. there are a ton of good subs and amps on there. most 10s require 1cf sealed thats a 13.5x 13.5x 13.5 . surely you have that much space.
Old     (maxum1800mxlunan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-29-2009, 1:24 AM Reply   
Ok i think ive decided not to cut my boat up and ill build a custom box, im not very handy with wood lol but im sure ill get a mate to lend a hand, thanks for the help people