Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-13-2005, 8:58 AM Reply   
Has anyone made covers for their tower speakers. What type of material did you use?
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-13-2005, 8:17 PM Reply   
I went to my local upholstery shop and had them sew up 4 covers for my tower speakers. They used Sunbrella material matching my boat cover and put zippers on them. You can also get neoprene covers from HitMan covers on the internet.
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       03-13-2005, 8:54 PM Reply   
Try screaminsacs.com they post on these sites.

Talked to them at the Sac boat show, and they were very helpful and reasonable in costs.

Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-14-2005, 5:46 PM Reply   
I second the www.screaminsacs.com suggestion! I am currently working with Dan on my custom sac. So far very helpful and great to work with!
Old    invertigo1            03-14-2005, 7:02 PM Reply   
I third Screamin sacs! Absolutely the best customer service and easy to work with!!
Old     (screaminsacs)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-14-2005, 11:25 PM Reply   
Wow, thank you all! We had a great time at the Sac boat show. We really appreciate your business. Hope to see some of you out at the lakes/rivers and upcoming boat shows. Thanks again Terry for the after photos on our website.
Dan & Sabrina
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       03-15-2005, 7:53 AM Reply   
If you know someone who can sew, you can do it cheap and easy yourself. I bought some sunbrella, a heavy duty zipper, and some straps and buckles (cost me less than $70 total)...took some measurements, cut the sunbrella down to size, and my wife sewed on the zipper and straps. It covers the 4 tower speakers and the light bar, it zips underneath the tower, and the straps hold down the sides...it looks kind of like a closed bimini. It works great for keeping the tower accessories clean and dry, but if you want to have it on while you're riding, you should probably go with something else as I don't know how well you'd be able to hear the speakers with what I made and you wouldn't be able to use the lights. I can take a pic when I get home and post it.
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-15-2005, 11:32 AM Reply   
Dan at screaminsac's is great. He came to my house and did all the measurements in my front yard. I am getting trailer guides, speaker box cover, board rack covers x2, and mirror and arm cover. All for under $200. Can't beat that. Thanks again Dan.
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-15-2005, 11:43 AM Reply   
I have the screamen sacs and their trailer cover. Real nice product and great service.

Rick
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-16-2005, 12:03 AM Reply   
I can sew! :-)
Old     (mwgwin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-27-2005, 3:56 PM Reply   
would you post pics please. Id like to see all that.