Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-20-2013, 7:16 AM Reply   
I know it's been asked before but I couldn't find the answer

My son just turned 8 and tried surfing yesterday. I want to get him his own board. He is about 4-1/2 ft tall and appx 60-65 lbs
Old     (v10rider)      Join Date: Oct 2012       05-20-2013, 8:46 AM Reply   
I just researched the same topic recently and here's what I found

Skim style
Phase 5 scamp
Victoria Gremlin

Surf style
Walker Project Grom
Shred Stixx skywalker
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-20-2013, 8:57 AM Reply   
we've been very impressed with the scamp. very controllable for the littles.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-20-2013, 9:25 AM Reply   
Our girls love the Scamp for skim and for surf you can add Soulcraft to the list above.
Old     (Squid)      Join Date: Jun 2012       05-20-2013, 2:24 PM Reply   
watching your child surf for the first time is magical!...and at the end of the day they wouldn't know a good board from a great board because there is nothing to compare. Its up to us to look after them and insure they have the best first surf experience available with the right board. My Son started surfing last year and we have 3 boards that helped him grow and learn. He went from one board to the next. This is costly and I am happy to say that you can learn from my experience and save some cash. There are many options available from one builder to many builders..

all of the above listed are truly great boards and have hooked some of the best surfers to date when they where kids...But with progression comes opportunity and there should be no reason why you shouldn't get the best for your kid right out of the gate....email me and we can talk more on this topic...

squidswake@gmail.com
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-20-2013, 8:53 PM Reply   
email sent