Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-23-2010, 3:35 AM Reply   
Second release of lightroom BETA just released.

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom3/

FYI: "The current Lightroom 3 public beta 2 will expire on June 30, 2010."
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-23-2010, 10:18 AM Reply   
I feel like I just bought Lightroom 2!?! These silly companies enticing me to upgrade because of some minor, can't live without it, feature.

Oh yeah, I forgot...we're a bunch of wakeboarders who want a new board every other year because of the minor, can't live without it, feature.

It's really bad when you like both photography and wakeboarding, we are the marketing managers dream customers
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-23-2010, 1:19 PM Reply   
Meh...you honestly aren't missing much. At this point LR3 Beta isn't feeling any faster than LR2. If you're happy with LR2 then just stick with that.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-28-2010, 7:50 PM Reply   
Actually Scott - it's a lot different. The changes that make LR3 Beta2 much more efficient. They are not minor changes by any means.
Changes have occurred in the past 2 wks that are not available on the free version of LR3 B2.
That's why they threw out the free Beta 2 version for feedback. It's still being tweeked as there was more findings that occurred @PSW .
It can do just as much as CS4 but without the layers.
The "Content Aware" is amazing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPCWPH1AuXw
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-29-2010, 5:54 PM Reply   
Phantom- I was commenting on my experiences with the Beta 2 so far. I'm sure the final product will be much more polished than this but for now I don't see any real need to drop everything and download the Beta 2 if you're content with Lightroom 2.