Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (boyet)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-12-2007, 4:31 PM Reply   
is there a certain way u should fall if u mess up a trick? how would u prepare urself?
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-12-2007, 4:34 PM Reply   
When I'm in the air and find myself not knowing which way is up, I usually say something to the effect of "Oh sh**" or "Ahhhhhhhh" and this prepares me to get worked.
Old     (boyet)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-12-2007, 4:40 PM Reply   
so if u probably think ur not gonna land it just fall or wat ? come on man
Old     (b_rad_b)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-12-2007, 4:50 PM Reply   
I think the procedure for taking a hit is making it as enjoyable as possible for the people in the boat. Try flailing your arms as much as possible. If you find yourself upside down stay that way; everybody enjoys seeing an inverted crash. The goal is to be able to hear the oooooohhhhhhhh's from your friends as soon as your head resurfaces.
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-12-2007, 4:52 PM Reply   
If you know that you are going to fall face first, turn your head so that you don't peel your eye lids back. If you're going to fall on your back, try to avoid slapping your boys on the water. Other than these two rules, just go with the fall.
Old     (boyet)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-12-2007, 4:57 PM Reply   
ya. i guess ur right. even if u do fall hard it probably would raise ur reputation positively
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       04-12-2007, 5:04 PM Reply   
If you are fall head first cover your ears. Blown eardrums hurt like a mother. If you are falling butt first think like a duck and be water tight. Try to protect your frank and beans.

I've taken the worst falls trying the easy tricks.
Old     (gimp990)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-12-2007, 5:10 PM Reply   
Just relax and go with it. When you fight it that is when you get hurt. I know from experience.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-12-2007, 6:06 PM Reply   
awesome crashes makes george daniels exciting to watch. So I say, make them ridiculous looking. Lots of spinning and thrash.
Old     (blind)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-12-2007, 6:38 PM Reply   
try to beat the "smack down" to the punch, try going in to the water like a dive as much as you can. like gimp said just go with it.
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-12-2007, 7:20 PM Reply   
I would rather faceplant 100 times than break another eardrum, don't turn your head.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-12-2007, 7:47 PM Reply   
on a more educated note than my last post, one thing I try to do (especially on non-invert tricks like spins and especially grabs) is throw a shoulder into it. If you know you are going down, tug the handle across your body, keep your head down, and try to put your shoulder into the water first. It really helps you minimize the sting.
Old     (boyet)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-12-2007, 9:45 PM Reply   
thanks for the posts u guys u have been really hlpful.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-12-2007, 10:23 PM Reply   
Wear a helmet, good vest and boots. A good pair of knee braces will cost about 500 bucks custom made. Then fall all you wan't your still gonna get hurt, but you will help eliminate some of the most common serious injuries.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-12-2007, 11:12 PM Reply   
SIf you ever find yourself in a situation where one foot is in and one out (or you think you will be) in a fall do all you can to make sure the board stays stationary (ie. doesnt twist your knee off) In some falls i try to grab the board with my hand(s) to help myself get accustomed to preventing this.
Old    murrayair            04-12-2007, 11:47 PM Reply   
Don't crank down on your bindings. Coming out of your bindings on a hard crash is usually WAY better than staying in. Unless one foot pops out and one stays in, then you could get screwed.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-13-2007, 1:29 PM Reply   
you should not be planning on not making it...you should be able to envision yourself making the trick and landing it before you attempt it at all...then you have to go for it 100%(or as they say on judge judy:your honor i 110% or 1000% sure i am not the baby daddy) anyway don't plan to fail, give it your all and when you do crash your friends will love it...now if you know you're gonna crash...get a barefoot suit, a neck brace, a helmet and a cup(crashsuit) and go for it.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-13-2007, 2:42 PM Reply   
Someone once told my son, IF YOU DONT SEE STARS YOU'LL NEVER BE A STAR..