Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (kscales)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-18-2006, 10:15 AM Reply   
My Wife and I just got into boating last summer, bought a new I/O and had a blast with it on the lake. Our boat came with a factory tower so we wanted to give wake boarding a try and found that we love it... :-) Fast forward to now and I want to ditch the I/O and buy a proper boat.

In our area ( Western Canada) We have a # of dealers. ( Centurion / Tige / Mastercraft ) We 1st fell in love with the Centurion Enzo (23) and thought that was our boat, but upon visiting the other dealers and seeing what else is out there, it is clear I like a lot of different boats right now.

Mastercraft is a great product and I really like the X2 but the price is very steep with no options that matter to us. From the cliental and the amount of X- Stars being serviced or stored, the dealership really isn't in a position to have to lower his prices for off season.

So we have to decide between:

2007 Centurion Enzo custom order
2007 Centurion Enzo in stock

2007 Tige 22VE
2007 Tige RZ2

All boats are fully loaded.

I have tested the Enzo and liked everything except the steering, turning one way you really have to fight the boat, the other way is like power steering on steroids.... ( Is this normal? ) I am taking out both Tige's this weekend to try them out.

I am looking for opinions on he boats above, please keep in mind I know that CC, MC and BU have the best wakes when set up to compete but they are not on my scope, only the above mentioned. My wife, myself and our friends are not going to compete, just want to have fun on the lake this summer. Wake surfing is something we are looking forward to trying and just working on our W2W and simple tricks and stuff..

I am interested in hearing the pros and cons to the Taps2 and the fuel savings the dealer assures me of LOL. the overall quality of both boats and opinions from owners of each boat. and what you all would buy if you were in my shoes.

Thanks again and I look forward to the comments.

P.S. Whichever way I go I will post pics here for everyone to see what I buy:-)
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-18-2006, 10:20 AM Reply   
TIGE TIGE TIGE!!!
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-18-2006, 10:26 AM Reply   
"I am interested in hearing the pros and cons to the Taps2 and the fuel savings the dealer assures me of LOL"

Is the dealer telling you you save gas with a Tige and taps2?

Enzo length 23' Weight: 3500 lbs
22VE length 22' Weight 3850 lbs
RZ2 length 22' Weight 3900 lbs

(Message edited by krbaugh on October 18, 2006)
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-18-2006, 10:43 AM Reply   
Some people argue that Tige is more fuel efficient because you can get a greater amount of surface area on the water with the TAPS plate down, thus decreasing the drag, or something like that. This is despite the heavier weight of a Tige. I saw a review in Waterski mag that seemed to support that. (FWIW).

In the real world, I would not try to defend that, although I think it is probably true. If someone comes on here and states it is not true, I don't think it would be worth the energy to debate it. If the difference truly exists, then it is not going to be a huge amount. IMHO, if you are buying a 50K + wakeboarding boat, you should not base your decision on fuel economy unless you are talking about a HUGE difference, and even then, it seems ridiculous to spend that much on the boat and then pinch pennies on gas.

Your 22Ve or RZ2 will produce as good of a wake as any boat.

I think the Marine Power engine is excellent and have heard very few complaints. Isn't Centurion using Merc?

I don't think that the steering you had on the Centurion is normal. Did you ask the dealer what is wrong with it? Dealer support will be an important part of your decision. I am obviously partial to Tige, but if my Tige dealer sucked, I would take the Centurion. If your boat starts having a steering problem, will the dealer get it fixed promptly?

(Message edited by talltigeguy on October 18, 2006)
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-18-2006, 10:50 AM Reply   
"Tige is more fuel efficient because you can get a greater amount of surface area on the water with the TAPS plate down"

Following that logic any boat with the bennet trim tab. Centurion, Supra Moomba, Tige, some MAstercrafts, etc would get better fuel economy
Old     (kscales)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-18-2006, 11:03 AM Reply   
Kevin-

I was really sold on the Enzo until I saw the Tige's and was intrigued by the extra claim the dealer made about fuel consumption and the use of "taps" to create/adjust wake.

The Enzo is still in the race but I it is a hard pick.

Talltigeguy- Yes I did ask the Cen Dealer, his response was "Yes it is normal" all wake boats are like that. ( please keep in mind this was my 1st outing with a V drive/rudder boat) I believed him until I asked the Tige dealer and he looked at me and shook his head.

I guess i will truly find out this weekend.

Your 100% correct, when i am spending this much, im not worried about fuel cost but more of distance, we have a very large lake by our home. and typically we like to boat all day, if the Tige is better then that plays in to effect of less fills on the lake or being towed back if we run out from a long day ( or weekend) of boating. ( there is camping spots on the lake, so 2 or 3 days @ times is possible)

Again, please forgive my ignorance, I am really new to the wake boat scene.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-18-2006, 11:45 AM Reply   
Any boat with a rudder can be neutral or loaded to one side most wakeboard boats are neutral. A loaded rudder that will pull to one side or the other goes back to ski boats they wanted a load on the wheel to help drive the boat down the slalom course in a VERY straight line. The enzos that I have been in have been neutral. This enzo could have a load on the rudder. IT is also possible that the steering cable is bad but I doubt this on a new boat.

did you notice the weight difference in the boats the Tige's are a foot shorter and serverl hundred pounds heavier. Logic tells me a boat that weighs more will take more gas to operate.

Centurions that come from the NC plant have the option of PCM or Mercury engines I am not usre about the CA plant
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-18-2006, 11:47 AM Reply   
My boat pretty much steers the same both left and right.

Did the Enzo have an adjustable trim tab? Some have a fixed trim tab or one that needs to be adjusted with a wrench.

The gas mileage thing is a big can of worms and Kevin's logic is correct. Some people then get further into it by talking about unique hull structure etc, but if I were you, the size of gas tank would be more important, and the storage ability to take several 5 gallon (or bigger) gas cans with you on a trip and still have space for your gear. The Tige will have more storage space. I think that Tige has a 42 gallon tank.

I have been in boats with an adjustable trim tab that were not Tiges, and the hull shape allows for a clean wake at all TAPS settings, whether you want a more rampy feel or a more abrupt wake. Some boats with a trim tab find it helps the ride in rough water, but the wake washes out some at certain positions and weight configurations.

I wish Tige had an under the floor ballast system. Tige seems to want to get this done, but the stringer system won't allow it. The biggest selling point is that the Tige will handle big chop on a big lake very well, and feel very solid while doing it. part of that is a beefier stringer system and hull thickness. Think of that during your test drive. I have heard that centurion does well in the chop too, let us know how it feels to you.
Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-18-2006, 11:47 AM Reply   
Most boats are harder to steer one direction or the other becasue of the way the prop spins. There are a lot of other variables as well. drive both. I would go with the enzo.. Sweet boat!
Old    Ben Kerran            10-18-2006, 12:21 PM Reply   
Don't have any firsthand experience with Tige, so can not comment on that line (although I hear good things). I do have some experience with Centurions (I have owned several now) and think the are solid boats. They have really stepped up over the last 3-4 years and their build quality is excellent IMHO. When I first went from dd to v-drive I too noticed they steer easier to the left (on my particular boat). With that said, it is much easier to hold a straight line when driving and I dont really notice it anymore. Unlike alot of folks on here, I didn't consider wake only when purchasing. Rather I looked at the amount of room for my family and whether it would fit the bill for all my needs (Which it certainly does). Don't forget to do your homework on the dealers in your area. This should also factor into your decision. Good luck and don't forget to post some pic's of your new boat once you decide.
Old     (angrygolucky)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-18-2006, 12:30 PM Reply   
Would you guys compare a Sanger V230 to these 2 boats as well?
And what would you say the best way to do homework on a dealer is?
Old    wakejjboard12            10-18-2006, 12:36 PM Reply   
mastercraft.
Old     (enzosurfer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-18-2006, 2:07 PM Reply   
I wouldn't hold too much weight with the dealer factor unless it comes down to price. There are alot of custom boat shops that are certified Mercury/PCM service centers. Do you take your truck back to the dealer that you purchased it from or do you take it to a known honest/good mechanic for problems?

Personally, I don't take my vehicles back to the dealer. They charge too much and I am not confident with their pride of work.

Most boat dealers that I have been to are just like the car lots, they know just enough to sell the product and I don't know if I would trust the monkeys in the back to wrench on my boat.

Maybe I am just a do it yourself kind of guy. lol

Do your homework, drive the boats if you can and base your decision on your needs, not on what a salesman tells you.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-18-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
GF - Suppose your tranny fails after 6 months? Do you need the dealer then? Do you take it to the guy up the street? Will he cover it under warranty, like the authorized dealer? When there is warranty issues involved, I do take my cars & trucks back to the dealer. Another big difference is that some items (interior for example), you can only get worked on at the dealer. Go with a good dealer, or learn the hard way.

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on October 18, 2006)
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-18-2006, 2:18 PM Reply   
"certified Mercury/PCM service centers"

IF you go this route be sure they are certified service centers, if the boat is under warranty, otherwise you will get stuck paying for warranty items.

I personally always go to the dealer especially when the boat is under warranty. In my area there are hardly any independent shops that can handle warranty or that I would trust.
Old     (enzosurfer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-18-2006, 2:29 PM Reply   
I agree, major items under warranty go back, but I try if possible to avoid them. Didn't say I wouldn't go back to pick up a dealer only part...just the service. Didn't mean to offend any dealers, just my experience.

Sry to hear that Kevin, here in SoCal the shops out number the dealers.
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-18-2006, 2:30 PM Reply   
I would choose Tige based on looks alone.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-18-2006, 2:34 PM Reply   
ITs not a problem fo me I have to say the inboard dealers service in the area is great some better than others but none the less I would have no problem go to any of them for service. Could be why there are not many certified independents around here..............no need
Old     (c4avalanchen)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-18-2006, 2:48 PM Reply   
ENZO! Hands down!
A fully loaded 07' Enzo for $51k USD! What exactly are the options? Because that is a great price. Also, does it have the new for 07' interior?
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-18-2006, 2:51 PM Reply   
No kidding that is a great price for an Enzo with no extra options
Old     (big_brandon)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-18-2006, 2:56 PM Reply   
Just wait till you demo the TIGES, I'll guarantee you will be blown away. I probably spend more time in my competition's boats than I do in my boats, and it is always the same, I can't wait to get back in a TIGE!!!!!! Let us know how the demos go.

P.S. by the way, Hyperactive Watersports ROCKS!!!!!
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       10-18-2006, 3:04 PM Reply   
Jessica, thanks for being so helpful in the debate. Where in the title was MC a candidate??

MAC, looks alone??

This boat looks pretty good to me.....

Upload
Old     (kscales)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-18-2006, 3:43 PM Reply   
I enjoy reading everyones views and opinions.

To answer some questions:

Both the Tige and the Cen dealer are top notch:-) Im not worried at all from that stand point

Yes the 07 Enzo in stock is full load for that price ( Bling package/Tower Speakers/3 heaters/fill cushion/ P/P /side swipe you name it, everything except the Switch blade and the docking lights. This one comes with the Black EVO tower and not the new style interior. (58K CND)

The custom order 07 would come with the above plus the running changes to the interior and would be about $2000 more. ( 60K CND)

The Enzo pictured is the new 216, I have had my dealer look into it and the price is not much less then the 23FT and to be honest, i don't want to be the ginipig with the new hull. ( Less "V" more flat with higher sides)

I looked at both the Tige 22v and the RZ2 yesterday and will drive both boats this weekend at a demo. I really like the RZ2, its cutting edge look and lines are awesome, the dash is "okay" but very functional, I really like the heads up LCD display.The tower and boat cover ( the dealer has a 3rd party do both) are top notch and better then the OEM stuff in my opinion. Even if I went with the ENZO I would have one of these covers made. They are the only boat I have seen that somehow looks deadly covered up as much as they do un-covered. ( I will post pics later if I can find some)

The only down fall to the Tige's are the lack of snap in carpet in the main area. ( west coat rain) and the 10K diff on price for a un proven boat design. ( RZ2)

I am surprised I am not heard from more owners, maybe I will give it some time. Pros and cons to the above boats.

Thanks again...

(Message edited by kscales on October 18, 2006)
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       10-18-2006, 3:58 PM Reply   
The snap out carpet is worth it's weight in gold. It is very nice to snap it out, hose it down, vacuum it and put it back looking like new. I have very little knowledge of the Tige, though the RZ2 is interesting to me. I've had good and bad luck with Centurion, as I'm sure you will have with any boat company, these things are hand made. To me, Centurion is making big strides in '07 and I'm interested in seeing where they are going.
Old    walt            10-18-2006, 4:00 PM Reply   
I'm not a big Centurion fan but that black/green Centurion is a good looking boat.
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-18-2006, 4:31 PM Reply   
Kevin-- is there EVER a centurion thread that you dont try to push your boats on people?
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-18-2006, 4:35 PM Reply   
That Centurion looks tight!!!!
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-18-2006, 4:36 PM Reply   
If by that you mean answer questions and give facts on a line I know VERY well.......let me think........ no not that I can remeber

Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-18-2006, 4:53 PM Reply   
you give facts but they ALL make it out that your product line is better,always better.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-18-2006, 5:01 PM Reply   
Are Centurions better than Tige's or Supra's or MasterCrafts...etc no I don't think they are. I do think they have some great features.

Where in this thread did I say Centurion was better than Tige or anybody for that matter?

Old     (enzosurfer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-18-2006, 5:26 PM Reply   
Upload
Go Enzo!
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       10-18-2006, 5:30 PM Reply   
jonny, Kevin doesn't work for Centurion, and for all I know, doesn't get paid by anyone to promote Centurion. He is an owner that has had good experiences. To me, he is a lot more knowledgable about boats across the board than some I won't mention on this site that have some pretty strong MC goggles and do nothing but trash other boats. I've never heard Kevin straight out bash another brand.
Old     (nar722)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-18-2006, 5:43 PM Reply   
I agree with kstateskier judging from his past posts
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-18-2006, 5:46 PM Reply   
Thanks guys thats what I am trying to do.
Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-18-2006, 6:26 PM Reply   
Korgae, where abouts are you? I live a couple hours south of calgary. not even a mont ago i went through the same dilema as you did. my buddy actually has a 22v, brand new 07 that he custom ordered from hyperactive. I've ridden in the boat a few times, and it's a fantastic boat. the interior feels smaller than a 22 foot boat. is that due to a larger sundeck?? one thing i didn't like about it was the seat and how they came up for storage. only the inner half of the seat pops up, which makes it harder to get items into the seat for storage. the power was awesome, the taps worked awesome, the wake was pretty incredible, handling was great. their version of perfect pass did not impress me. it seemed like it had a hard time holding speed, and when you would adjust it, it would either drop off, or speed up too much(i'm sure some minor adjustments to fix this) the tower is amazing, he's got the swing in board racks. I felt like it was an amazing boat. but not for me. just didn't feel like what i wanted when in the boat. I ended up ordering a custom enzo from factory,(hopefully pick it up next weekend) the reason i went with the enzo is becuase it is the ultimate boat for surfing. now with saying this, I've seen some incredible wakes from bu's, cc's, moomba's, and others. but the wakes i've seen from the enzo just seem like they are a little bit better. wakeboarding wakes have been deemed mediocre to decent. heard the avanlanche throws a better wakeboarding wake. but seeing as how i aint' pro, and i dont' think my kids will ever be either, that's just ok for us. the reason i went with the enzo is the 23 foot and incredible amount of interior space. the interior is just as good if not better then malibus and mc's that i sat in while in kalispell montana. the drivers seat seems like it has you sitting higher to see over the bow, and the adjustable cushion on the drivers seat has you sitting plenty high enough for surfing. i went with the 330 h.p motor, wasn't worth the extra couple few grand for the 10 h.p increase with the 6.2. i went with the evo tower, swing in board racks, snap on covers, extra large fiberglass platform, switchblade, heater and blah blah. i was just in calgary and they quoted me 80 grand for the rz2 or whatever it is. they must like you better. it seemed the same to me though, it's a 22 foot boat and just seems a little cramped for that size of a boat. i didn't like the corner seat where they had a step pad, didn't turn my crank. let us know what you go with. whatever you pick i think you'll love.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-18-2006, 6:45 PM Reply   
Most of the time I run with out carpet in the boat, to be honest I think I'd like a wake boat that has no carpet, kind of along the lines of a Boston Whaler - clean up would be even easier than it is now. When I do put the carpet in (special occasions) I pull the carpet when I’m done, sprinkle a little soap on it, hose it off and then hang it on a pair of saw horses to drip dry. This year I was in a boat with permanent carpet that had a definite funk smell, not good.

My boat feels pretty solid, I think the walk through ice chest add a lot of strength right in the middle of the boat.

I’ve had good experiences with my Mighty Centurion. I think that $51K USD sounds like a really good deal for a new loaded Enzo. Whichever way you go be sure to update your post with a picture.
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-18-2006, 6:49 PM Reply   
Kevin, I stand corrected. I have not seen those designs and was basing my opinion on past boats. With this said I still think the 2007 Tige RZ2 is a rad looking boat. Am I aloud to say rad?

(Message edited by mac attack on October 18, 2006)
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       10-18-2006, 7:01 PM Reply   
MAC, I agree, I remember when I first saw the above Enzo when Kevin posted a pic a couple months ago, I about fell out of my chair. Previously, none of the Centurion wake boats did that much for me. They were nice, but this one stands out.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-18-2006, 7:52 PM Reply   
Mac sure you can say rad
Old     (kscales)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-18-2006, 7:55 PM Reply   
Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the post and the opinions. We are in Vancouver BC. I was thinking about going to Alberta to look, one of my very good friends in neighbors with the owner of Mobious Marine he carries Supra and Mooba, but without any dealer present here it was quickly scratched from my list.

If you don't mind me asking what was the final price on the custom ordered Enzo? ( you can PM me if you wish) I would like to compare options and priced with another CND consumer.

What color options did you go with? for us ( with both boats) it's like pulling hair with color choices....

The Enzo is for sure bigger, but I found the overall space in both the 22V and the RZ2 on par for being a smaller boat. I agree with the driver seat, Centurion has it figured out....

Did you test a Enzo before buying? did the rudder feel radically different side to side?

To everyone, please keep the opinions coming it's helping..... I am the type to be cautious when spending large coin, I want to be sure I make the best choice for my family and me:-) so everyones input helps.

Thanks
Old     (sanger4life)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-18-2006, 8:24 PM Reply   
how about neither get the sanger 215 one bad boat!!!
Old     (enzosurfer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-18-2006, 8:31 PM Reply   
Bigshow, I do the same with the carpet. Easy to clean and I hate the funk smell so it works out great!

kscales, I haven't found any cons with this boat yet. 46 gal tank and it runs alot longer than I expected. As far as the family, they love it. Plenty of room.
Upload
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-18-2006, 9:27 PM Reply   
I will comment on the RZ2 since not a whole lot of people have them as of yet. Not sure if I will answer all of the questions/theories here but I will try.

Take a look at Tiges construction method and you will clearly see why they weigh more. The boats are overbuilt and have a very solid feel to them, you will see this is the demo.

For the Speed Set (Tiges version of PP) I currently have this on my boat andIMO it holds better that Perfect Pass. The reasons are that they engine never surges to keep speed, during turns, double ups or wakesurfing it will consistently hold. I know the early version of speed set had a few issues with them but this was clearly addressed with the new ones.

TAPS- Sure some people will say that this is just a trim tab but what most people don't know is that Tige engineered there hulls around the TAPS2 system. The rear end has no traditional "hook" to it, in fact it has a reverse effect. Sort of like a rocker on the end of a wakeboard...the same concept applies to the transom of the boat. TAPS2 does help get on plane faster and helps shape the wake, whether it be wakeboarding or surfing.

If you have any more questions about the boat just post here or on www.tigeowners.com

Your demos will address any issues you may have.

Upload
Upload

(Message edited by pierce_bronkite on October 18, 2006)
Old    Ben Kerran            10-18-2006, 9:32 PM Reply   
That is a really nice looking boat....grey and orange looks sic
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-18-2006, 9:33 PM Reply   
but you have to agree that they need an addition 1k in ballast to make that wake hard.
Old     (kscales)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-18-2006, 9:47 PM Reply   
Pierce,

Thanks for your pics, I have been on the Tige owners forum. * BTW that is a awesome resource, more companies should organize forums like that. That is a major plus to me, being able to communicate with other owners and the manufacture if I go Tige.

LOL- I have to get this boat decision wrapped up or I am not going to get any work done during the day. ( busy reading forums...)

If you don't mind I have some questions:

Was the ZR2 your 1st Tige?

what is your overall impression?

is there anything you have found that you do not like about the boat and or performance ?

Was their any flaws or defect, what was the overall quality of the build ?

Would you change anything about the boat?

Thanks in advance...

P.S. Awesome color choice:-)
Old     (kscales)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-18-2006, 9:51 PM Reply   
GF- Awesome boat, is it a 2006 or 2005?

Thanks for the pics...

If you don't mind I would like to ask you the same questions:

If you don't mind I have some questions:

Was this your 1st Centurion?

what is your overall impression?

is there anything you have found that you do not like about the boat and or performance ?

Was their any flaws or defect, what was the overall quality of the build ?

Would you change anything about the boat?

Thanks in advance...
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-18-2006, 10:22 PM Reply   
Korgae,

Thanks for the comments on my site. The members, dealers and the fact that Tige employees regularly post on the site is a BIG plus. One thing that Tige does well is they listen to there customers and dealers.

The RZ2 is my second Tige, I have had a 2001 23V that I bought in 04.

My overall impression is that I am really happy with this boat. I have been in all the major players boats, (MC, Malibu, CC, Toyota, Supra, Moomba) and I am really happy with the wake and overall looks on this boat. Tige has really come light years in the past few years with the towers, vinyl, usability features and quality of there boats.

Performance wise, it meets all of my needs. I have no complaints. I have the 360HP HT Marine Power engine and it gets up on the go with ballast or not with no problems. TAPS will also help plane out faster if you have a lot of weight too. Rough water is a breeze and handles very well.

As with any boat there are a few things that I don't like and they are the rear storage areas. Since the ballast is hidden in tanks in the transom, the batteries and pumps are moved in a box inside the rear storage areas. It cuts out on a little bit of space. Not sure if its the same with models with no ballast. I can still put sacks in there but putting a board back there is impossible. That's really my only complaint, I guess I am used to my old 23V storage areas. I could store a small jet ski in the storage areas. :-)

If I were to change anything about the boat it would probably be to add a teak platform option (currently only offers fiberglass) and increase the stock ballast size (900 pounds).

The overall build quality of the boat is not skimped out on, they put a lot of attention to detail. No major flaws or defects either, at first a rear hatch and storage seat kept popping open but that was fixed the first day.

I do have one issue with the ballast tanks not removing all of the water, some is still left in there. As of this week though I am told R&D at Tige fixed this, it just a matter of me brining it to my dealer or the factory. Keep in mind that I took delivery of some of the very first RZ2's out of the factory.

Overall I love a lot of the new features, the vision air chair( all manufacturers should have this), the tower which is rock solid and the wake.

(Message edited by pierce_bronkite on October 18, 2006)
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       10-18-2006, 11:38 PM Reply   
Pierce, really nice looking boat. I've got one question. Does the side of the hull really have a concave in as it looks like just to the front of the orange section of the graphic, and if so, is there a performance reasoning to this?
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-19-2006, 6:42 AM Reply   
Nick, thanks. Yes the hull has a concave effect. My understanding is that its just for asthetics and not performance. The RZ2 has some unique features on it that makes it different from other traditional hulls.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-19-2006, 6:52 AM Reply   
Cool what are they
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-19-2006, 7:04 AM Reply   

quote:

Cool what are they

The transom and hull have what I will call "cutouts". In other words its not flat or round, if that makes sense. Along with the concave look on the hull. Take a look at the attached picture. The same aggressive lines are also in the bow of the boat.Upload
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-19-2006, 7:09 AM Reply   
The boat does have some different style lines
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-19-2006, 7:30 AM Reply   
Wow, my '04 Centurion lightning has similar cut outs, I called the remaining part of the stern a hull extension. I don't think they interfere with the wakeboard wake, but I think they don't help with a wakesurf wake. I get a funky middle feature in the face of my surfwake, I've been blaming the cut outs. I've been looking at getting an Enzo specifically for surfing and to get away from these features.
Upload
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-19-2006, 7:33 AM Reply   
I don't see that sort of thing on the Tige.
where are you seeing it?
Old     (sk_centurion)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-19-2006, 7:46 AM Reply   
This is my first post. I have a 05 Centurion Lighting and I have the same problem with a white wash rooster tail in my face. This is my first boat so I have been trying to dial in the surf wake. I vote for the ENZO I would love to get one It will probally be my next boat. I am from Saskatoon It is good to see more western Canadians.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-19-2006, 7:51 AM Reply   
Edward, ditto what Kevin said. The Tige does not have this on the running surface of the hull. I was reffering to "cut outs" above the waterline of the hull, ie the back of the transom.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-19-2006, 7:53 AM Reply   
Isn't there one in the lower corner here, or am I seeing things?
Upload
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-19-2006, 8:09 AM Reply   

quote:

Isn't there one in the lower corner here, or am I seeing things?

No, these models dont have this. Take a closer look at my image in front of the Tige factory.}
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-19-2006, 8:28 AM Reply   
Oh... Pierce, you are correct much more clear in the other image, my bad.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-19-2006, 8:31 AM Reply   
I think that line continues along the whole hull Ed. It isn't notched like your boat or an Xstar. I think that is a lifting strake.
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-19-2006, 12:21 PM Reply   
I will put in my $.02. I just ordered a Tige RZ2. I didn't test a Centuran so I don't know anything about them expect they have a playpen bow. The play pen bow was a reason I didn't research them more.

As for the RZ2. I test Tige 24 Ve, RZ2, MC X-30, BU 23 LSV. As for ride and handling the Tige won hands down compared to all of the above makers. At the time the RZ2 had not been released so I had not tried it out. I was not impressed with the interior of the 24 Ve and had felt the BU ride was not that far off of the Tige with a much better interior (that and I was able to get the LSV in a walk through bow). The MC rode like crap and had a lot of pull when driving. I know that my wife would never want to drive the boat if it was difficult to handle and the MC was. This sounds like what the Cen was doing when you drove it. My Tige dealer told me to wait for the RZ2 and I am glad I did. The interior was great and the bottom hull was from the 22 Ve. When I took it out in the water it handled great and the Speed Set worked better than any other sytem I have used. After the demo with the RZ2 I decided to buy the boat. I just ordered it 2 weeks ago and am very excited about it. I do agree about the dealer. You need to make sure you are comfortable with them so if anything goes wrong you can get it fixed. Plus I think the RZ2 is the best looking boat out there right now.
Old    tige_joe            10-19-2006, 1:38 PM Reply   
I took a ride in an RZ2 just last week. Quite a nice riding and driving boat! My 2005 22V puts out an almost identical wake. :-) I keep an extra 600 pounds of lead in my boat, which seems to be enough for my boys doing their tricks. By the way.....I saw a relatively new ENZO at a friend's shop. :P Not really thrilled with layout myself....but to each his own. Did you know that 23 ENZO is actually about 300 pounds LIGHTER than a Tige 20V. I'll take the ride quality and extra weight in my boat any day! Who wants their wakeboard boat light?????
Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-19-2006, 1:40 PM Reply   
I do when im towing it!!!!
Old    tige_joe            10-19-2006, 1:42 PM Reply   
One other thing...... Are you guys completely out of your FRICKIN' minds paying over $100,000 for a 24 foot Mastercraft?????? That's when I pull the plug on wakeboarding, and buy a sailplane!
Old    tige_joe            10-19-2006, 1:44 PM Reply   
Get a bigger truck.
Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-19-2006, 1:45 PM Reply   
haha, thats one way to fix the problem i guess........
Old    tige_joe            10-19-2006, 1:49 PM Reply   
Chris...Is that your Nautique on your profile? Looks cool! I still love nautiques too!
Old    tige_joe            10-19-2006, 1:51 PM Reply   
Ooops...is that a Supra? Cool too!
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-19-2006, 1:52 PM Reply   
Keep guessing your getting warmer
Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-19-2006, 1:53 PM Reply   
Joe, that is my 2005 Centurion. I just sold it and bought the 210. I need to update my profile.
Old    tige_joe            10-19-2006, 1:57 PM Reply   
Me too......I'm on Tige #8 now.....Orange & White 2005 22V. The new boats are nice....but it's time for me to stop spending....and send the kids to college. :-) I'll stick with what I got for a bit.
Old     (bensk8in)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-19-2006, 2:35 PM Reply   
Those are killer prices for an RZ-2 and a 22VE for 2007

FUEL EFFICIENCY- Yes, Tige delivers superior perfomance and higher fuel economy with LESS horsepower.
22VE 5.7 340HP 0-36mph 6.9sec
Xstar 6.0L 375HP 0-36 9.9sec
MalVLX 6.2L 400Hp 0-36 7.0sec

24VE 5.7 340hp 0-30 5.5
247 8.1 450hp 0-30 6.2
X-45 5.7 350hp 0-30 7.8sec

Across the board, yes better whole shot, yes more fuel efficiency, WHY- a dragless hull. The taps does not make the wake sick, the hull does.

And the RZ-2 against the Enzo, drive them, use the speed set, and tell me the RZ-2 isnt the most well thought out boat on the market. The wake, the ride, the power and the comfort are there, and it sounds like your gettin the deal on the price.
Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-19-2006, 2:38 PM Reply   
Ok, i havent been in an rz-2, but doesnt "Across the board, yes better whole shot, yes more fuel efficiency, WHY- a dragless hull. The taps does not make the wake sick, the hull does. " that entire statement contradict???? A hull throws a bigger wake by displacing MORE water, thus, creating MORE drag. please correct me if im mistaken, but thats like saying "when i sack my boat down, it gets better fuel economy"
Old     (bensk8in)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-19-2006, 2:55 PM Reply   
In slalom mode, with the taps at 1 in the down position, there is less drag, the drag is not in the hull, its coming from the plate, it pushed the bow down. When the plate goes up, the hull rides naturally, no there is no wedge or whale tail, but since the hull slopes up, the hull rides deeper. get it, check out tige.com
Old     (bensk8in)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-19-2006, 2:57 PM Reply   
Who has ridden in an RZ-2?

What do you think?

Who has ridden in the new Enzo 23?

What do you think?

Who has ridden in both?
Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-19-2006, 3:00 PM Reply   
wierd.....ive ridden in the enzo and i think its a great boat...TONS OF ROOM and AWESOME SURF WAKE....wakeboard wake is big and rampy...
Old     (bensk8in)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-19-2006, 3:05 PM Reply   
UploadUpload
RZ-2
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-19-2006, 3:09 PM Reply   
Enzo surfUpload
Old     (bensk8in)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-19-2006, 3:13 PM Reply   
Nice pic, backside, thats just clownin!