Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (cubanismo)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-26-2005, 2:48 PM Reply   
Though I know this forum often has a favorable bias toward CWB, can someone provide an objective comparison of the two boards? Unfortunately, none of the shops around my area carry O'Brien gear, thus demo-ing the Demented is not an option. I appreciate the help.

Peace be the journey.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-26-2005, 2:56 PM Reply   
demented = super fast and good edge hold, pop will take you more out than up, nice landings, semi-grippy.

marius = good speed (not too slow, not too fast), nice edge hold, pop will take you more up than out, super soft landings, grippy (w/ the center fins in).

i ride a marius.
Old     (cubanismo)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-26-2005, 3:17 PM Reply   
Have you found the Marius to be bulky, Joe? I may be mistaken, but isn't it noticeably heavier than the Demented?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-26-2005, 3:33 PM Reply   
in all honesty, i didn't notice the weight difference at all. when i first got on the marius, i thought, "damn, this is a big ass board!" but it doesn't even ride like it. not to say that it rides like a small board, but the size is hardly noticeable.
Old    byerly137pro            09-26-2005, 4:03 PM Reply   
I have one too(Marius), and when I looked down, I said to myself, "whoa that is huge" just as Joe did. You forget about the size as soon as you hit the wake and land 5+ft in the flats. This board rides really well at higher speeds, like 24-25mph.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-26-2005, 4:49 PM Reply   
I pick up my new Marius in the AM. Can't wait! Thanks Joe for the demo. My feet are just starting to get circulation from those girl-size bindings you have!
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-26-2005, 4:54 PM Reply   
I want to try one. Where you getting yours Buzz?
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-26-2005, 5:02 PM Reply   
In the SD area. I will PM you.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-26-2005, 7:43 PM Reply   
haha Joe got called out ,hes got small feet ,you know what they say about small feet :-)
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-26-2005, 8:00 PM Reply   
Ha! Sorry Joe. OK, just to not make you look bad to everyone, they were size Large. But, I also heard that foot size is not always an indicator. BTW - you have pretty short toes. Not sure what that means! j/k j/k