Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-21-2005, 1:32 PM Reply   
I am in the Air Force and may be moving to Okanawia in the future. Anyone know if I will beable to board over there? I hope that I don't have to miss boarding for 3-4 years :-(
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-21-2005, 1:44 PM Reply   
Yes there is boarding over there. I saw it in WB mag.
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       09-21-2005, 5:30 PM Reply   
depoint50ae, I just left Korea in Feb and spent some time riding during my year over there. I know they do ride over there...Shoot me an e mail and I'll give you a contact in Korea that can probably point you in the right direction. If nothing else you can catch a flight over to Korea and ride.

Greg
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       09-21-2005, 8:43 PM Reply   
My brother sold a Pro Air to a guy in the Air Force a few years back who was stationed in Okinawa so there is apparently a wakeboard scene there. I assume you are stationed at Kadena?

Otherwise, wakeboarding is popular in the Tokyo area if you ever make it to Honshu.
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-21-2005, 10:02 PM Reply   
Dude, definitely. Japan has a pretty good scene. I don't know where, but I know they have one. Good luck.
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-22-2005, 10:53 AM Reply   
Excellent news. I will be PCSing to Kadena next year.
Old     (meikster2810)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-24-2005, 8:23 AM Reply   
Hay mate i am a kiwi in tokyo i have a school here look me up if you are ever here i will spot you a tow.The scene here is huge mate some really solid riders,and the have the XTrail cup every year with some big name riders coming over for it.
Good luck
Old     (need2board)      Join Date: Jan 2002       09-26-2005, 8:31 PM Reply   
Craig, Hey man where in Tokyo are you? I am in Shinjuku and have been looking to ride.

Aaron
Old    snoobs            09-27-2005, 7:21 AM Reply   
Hey Craig,

Must be pretty damn expensive running a boat in Japan. Gas has got to be a big ouch. Just curious, what kinda fees does the govt have for running a boat? Anything like 'Shaken' for boats? Went to college in Niigata-ken and would have loved to have went wakeboarding during that time.

(Message edited by snoobs` on September 27, 2005)