Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    wakefever            03-19-2010, 3:47 PM Reply   
I am about to buy a new boat, i am currently riding behind the small wake producing Mastercraft stars and stripes. I am ready to upgrade to boat that makes a better wake. i have around 15000 cash and want to stay within that limit. What boat should i look into. I have thought about the sport nautique? What are your thoughts. Thanks for the input.
Old     (sc_beerbarge)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-19-2010, 5:27 PM Reply   
Supra Sunsport/Launch or Malibu Sunsetter/wakesetter.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-19-2010, 5:59 PM Reply   
an MC 205v has a bomb diggity wake...you might be be able to find one for around that price.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-19-2010, 6:44 PM Reply   
Older Sangers can be had for about 15k and the dlx's and v210's put out a great wake (same hull on both)
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-19-2010, 7:39 PM Reply   
Sanger V210, CC Super sport , MC 205
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-19-2010, 8:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt View Post
Sanger V210, CC Super sport , MC 205
My thoughts exactly!

Back in '99, these were the three boats I looked at long and hard. I decided on the Sanger for various reasons, but you can't go wrong with any of these classic 90" beam boats.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-19-2010, 8:55 PM Reply   
Does the dealer matter to you? Are you going to do all the work yourself or rely on your dealer? And where are you located?

The Sport Nautique is a descent wake. But I wouldn't really put it way over the SnS. MC 205 is about the same medium sized wake as the Sport Nauti. Nautique Super Sport & 205V would be a way bigger wake.
Some of the Supra hulls could be up there too.

Last edited by bill_airjunky; 03-19-2010 at 8:59 PM.
Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-20-2010, 8:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_airjunky View Post
Does the dealer matter to you? Are you going to do all the work yourself or rely on your dealer? And where are you located?

The Sport Nautique is a descent wake. But I wouldn't really put it way over the SnS. MC 205 is about the same medium sized wake as the Sport Nauti. Nautique Super Sport & 205V would be a way bigger wake.
Some of the Supra hulls could be up there too.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Super Sport Nautique the same hull as the Sport but with a v-drive? That would make the Sport throw a much better wake than the Stars and Stripes, one of the flattest wake-producing hulls of all time.

Now, it is true that the Sport hull was changed in 1993 I believe. (or was it '95? Hrm.) Prior to that it was not a really good wake hull, after, one of the best of the time period.

(The above info comes with absolutely no warranty, my memory may be off.)

EDIT: I can't comment without adding to the discussion! Any of the above hulls would be very good and are world-class wake makers. The 205v is the original X-Star, the Super Sport and Sport hulls are well proven, ETC. A good hour or two searching the Archives here will yield more information than you ever wanted to know. With your budge of 15k, especially with the prices of boats as low as they are, you're sure to get exactly what you want as long as you are patient.

Last edited by pwningjr; 03-20-2010 at 8:12 PM.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-21-2010, 6:53 AM Reply   
In my search... the sunsetter has been on my list, I was informed that the LX and LXI are different hulls, The LX being a much better wake producing hull. Correct me if i am wrong, but i got the info from a sales guy in the wakeboat industry, so i hope he was right!!
Old     (hockeysk8er222)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-21-2010, 11:25 AM Reply   
I currently am behind a Prostar 190, and if you weigh it well, then it throws a nice wake... Noone on this thread mentioned wake when weighted tho...
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-21-2010, 11:47 AM Reply   
Supersport