Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (howaldryan)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-16-2011, 3:12 PM Reply   
I am looking at starting a business that is going to require a website. I want it to be a professional and have the ability to accept online payments. Does anyone know the best route to take to get the logo, website and graphics designed. I noticed some professional website developers are charging a min of $5000. I need it to be somewhere around $1000.

The only idea I had was getting onto a freelancing web design forum and have some people submit some stuff and pay them.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-17-2011, 4:06 AM Reply   
I would recommend hiring a college student. With some effort you should be able to find a local wizard hungry for work.

I am having to do the same thing for a small biz my wife is starting. I an in IT and know enough about HTML to hack something simple out myself.

Do you have logo and colors already? Or are you starting from scratch?
Old     (howaldryan)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-17-2011, 9:14 AM Reply   
I am pretty much starting from scratch. I am still in the works of putting all the numbers together for start-up. The website portion is a majority of the cost for startup.

Where do you recommend tracking down a web design student? Contacting local universities?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-17-2011, 12:12 PM Reply   
save the 1000 and do it yourself using wordpress.
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-19-2011, 2:52 PM Reply   
Hey man check out http://www.no12design.com/

The guys a good buddy of mine and a really nice lad and kick-ass wakeboarder. I have no clue what his prices are but he can do the whole online payments bit as he's set up an online wake shop that's pretty nice. In the contact us section email pete.
Old     (boatmaster)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-19-2011, 5:41 PM Reply   
Tomato Cart. Trust me.
Old     (howaldryan)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-20-2011, 2:56 PM Reply   
I am liking the tomato cart however this is going to be a service based business not a product based. So I would like to incorporate the ability to have customers schedule appointments online as well as pay invoices online.
Old     (howaldryan)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-20-2011, 2:57 PM Reply   
Brian I emailed pete, and told him my plan so I should hear from him soon.
Old     (boatmaster)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-20-2011, 4:05 PM Reply   
Oh - well in that case Ryan, check out www.simplifythis.com
Old     (howaldryan)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-20-2011, 4:32 PM Reply   
Perfect Wayne thanks. Now I just need to work on the design aspect. Id perfer to do something more custom and not cookie cutter templates for DIY
Old     (boatmaster)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-21-2011, 9:36 PM Reply   
One piece of advice, get it running first, make some $ - THEN spend the $$ on a custom site. You can tweak Simplifythis too. I've used Freshbooks.com too. Good luck