Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-21-2010, 12:37 PM Reply   
Anyone done it? Just when I said I would never go on another cruise the RC cruise line comes out with a ship that has a flowrider on it, so, has anyone been on one of these cruises with a flowrider? If it is open 24/7 I might be riding it all nihgt! I just signed up for the cruise for this summer. I have my own flowriding board ( I hope they let me use it) and one of the stops of the cruise is at Grand Caymen which has a right barrel that I cannot wait to get on!
here is the clip of the flowrider at adrenalina during Christmas that was on the non-wakeboarding thread. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKpp4ZS6tMM
Also, if there are any wakesurfers in northern ohio, I am ready to surf. I basically quit surfing at Kalihari, because they will not let me use my surfboard on their flowrider, so I am ready to start surfing again. I have a malibu response, which puts out a small wake, but it is big enough to surf on. If you have a surfing boat, give me a call 440-320-7581, or e-mail buckthisone@yahoo.com, I never did get any IM on the old site, maybe thats fixed now.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-24-2010, 1:37 PM Reply   
Really want to try a flowrider. Looks so fun. Make me want to go on a cruise too.
Old     (davenk)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-01-2010, 11:02 AM Reply   
We went on a Royal Carribean cruise 2 years ago but no flowrider. I never tried it but it looks awesome.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-02-2010, 3:04 PM Reply   

me getting worked over by the big boy flowbarrel in san diego. it's like getting flushed down the toilet.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-03-2010, 7:11 AM Reply   
Shawn, that flowbarrel water does not look very smooth in san diego, but the one in grand caymem looks very smooth and i think i will be able to ride it with my board this summer. It looks like if you ride the one in san diego you should be using the board that has straps on it, i would think you would have much better control with the straps on. They never let us use straps but the boards are designed to have straps attached, and those boards suck! I had to learn using those boards and its a long learning curve! The day Kalihari started using hand made fiberglass boards is the day i could hit 360's in either direction. With the board i have now i can go 6 months without riding and still be able to surf like not missing a day. I have not tried wavelochs new boards(i will eventually) but they will not let me use my board at kalihari, so i don't go anymore.
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-03-2010, 11:57 AM Reply   
Good show Shawn, you were getting tossed, very entertaining
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-05-2010, 10:29 AM Reply   
I work at Wavehouse in San Diego. One hell of a fun place getting to watch all levels of riders. I pretty-much suck riding, but am working on it. If I was going on a cruise, I would definately be on one of the 4 or 5 R.C. ships that have a flowrider on it. As for the board, I am going to start trying one with straps. Definately looks like the way to go. Check out their website for some cool videos of riders killing it. Do a google search for Eric Silverman. One of the best riders out there. Rides here several days/week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLXdn2zpZU8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH_5x...eature=related

BTW - the Alt Games are coming here to Wavehouse next month.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-05-2010, 3:53 PM Reply   
yeah, there was a guy in the set after me who just went OFF, airing it out over the lip, etc. he did have one of the boards with bindings. Very impressed. I felt like a major spaz, but it was definitely fun. I could see dropping some cash to get good.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-20-2010, 11:59 AM Reply   
Buzz, all you need to do is learn how to ride goofy. I was at one flowrider and was taking so long on the thing that they just started to kick people off who were taking too much time on the thing.
I did see some pics on the cruise where they were surfing at night.
Old    Chaserwaser            04-21-2010, 9:41 AM Reply   
I was on Royal Caribbean last year, all I did was ride the flowrider I even got up at 7am to do it and did the 10pm night sessions which was sick! but anyways the surf style board is totally different from wakeboarding control wise its really hard I thought it was even going to more of a snowboard feel to it and its not even that ... it will be hard for first time riders, but the boogy board was really fun .. nailed that down by the 5th day with 360's and rolls and stuff , fun stuff!
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-23-2010, 12:01 PM Reply   
Chase, that is awsome! so, they close it down at night? I will definately go to the night session every night. I will also be there when it opens in the morning. Would they let me bring my own board and ride it?