Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       01-06-2009, 12:11 PM Reply   
Hey guys, just curious if anyone had any comparison on the two.. I didnt see much in the archives.. I was just wondering how much different the s4 is.. Thanks
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       01-07-2009, 6:32 AM Reply   
no input? anyone??
Old     (skelley19)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-07-2009, 6:57 AM Reply   
I'm guessing that not too many people have ridden this board yet since it just recently came out. I currently ride a PS3 so I'm interested to hear what people say about the S4 and I'd love to demo one this summer. I really like the forgiveness of the PS3 and the pop is pretty good but I'd like something that is a little faster to the wake for my next board.
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       01-07-2009, 7:13 AM Reply   
some of the guys at our board shop got to ride it once or twice last year before it got too cold.. His description was it " a ps3 on steroids".. That gets me fired up, I love my ps3, but like you, I would like a little more speed, and a harder buck.. Sounds like this may be the board, I was just curious if anyone else had any input..
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       01-07-2009, 7:15 AM Reply   
I rode a Watson last year, and expect my S4 next week. From what I read about it, it does sound wicked! Can't wait...
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-07-2009, 11:14 AM Reply   
the rep told me it is like a faster watson
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-07-2009, 11:43 AM Reply   
I am not sure this is even close.....and if you go with the Avant, it is a BLOWOUT....

S4 FTMFW!

Upload
Upload
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-07-2009, 2:26 PM Reply   
my bf went from a PS3 to an S4, and from what he said (and what I can see), it's much faster, poppier, very light so it spins FAST, but it also tracks really hard (much more than the PS3 - sometime maybe too much?).
someone correct me if i'm off track....
I used to love my PS3 too, but haven't tried the S4 yet. I bought a riot (which is the same as the lf groove), which i'm loving at the moment. really poppy and ultra soft landings - like - REALLY soft :-)
It can be a bit sketchy, but it suits me.
Old     (tigerblp)      Join Date: Oct 2002       01-08-2009, 3:14 PM Reply   
I switched from the PS3 to the S4 for this year. Just when you thought they couldn't make the PS3 any better.... They did. It truly is faster, poppier, and has softer landings. They added in a second set of fins at the tip and tail that really eliminate any squireliness on edge that I used to notice in the ps3. The edges arent as rounded anymore, making it easier for the board to dig into edge when you want it to. They also made the center spine more pronounced, which is whats making those landings softer. And a v dip in the tip and tale is what's supposed to be making it poppier. All in all, if you loved the PS3 but were lookin for something a little faster and sturdier on edge, then the S4 is for you! It's everything the PS3 wasn't, and then some

(Message edited by tigerblp on January 08, 2009)
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       01-23-2009, 9:56 PM Reply   
Just rode the S4 for the first time today.
Damn, it IS light! And it IS FAST. And it does spin fast. It takes a little getting used to, coming from a Watson, but I already love it!