Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-10-2008, 3:05 PM Reply   
If i am pretty consistent with my pop shuv its on a skateboard, will it be really easy to take that to the water and land on a wakeskate, considering i ride switch skateboarding and regular wakeskating?

Thanks
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-10-2008, 3:32 PM Reply   
its going to feel a lot different but its the same idea. just get solid ollies on the wakeskate and then star trying some shuvs. but make sure you can ollie first
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-10-2008, 4:41 PM Reply   
yea i can ollie pretty well
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-10-2008, 4:52 PM Reply   
nice. just remember to throw the shuv with your back foot. push your back foot down and behind you.and throw it forward so the board keeps up with you.

keep the handle low
cut out
flatten off
count to 3
pop it
spin it while throwing it out infront of you
spot the board
catch it with your feet wide(front foot right before nose kicktail and back foot right before the kicktail)
land with your knees bent and handle in at your waist with your elbow bent
and you will ride away.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-10-2008, 7:08 PM Reply   
I did my first shuv on a wakeskate just this year. I'm 40. Never done a shuv on a skateboard either. You can do it.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-11-2008, 10:29 AM Reply   
I can almost stick the pop shuv I usually only get one foot on the board right before I eat it but I was getting close at the end of the season
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-12-2008, 3:04 PM Reply   
dtw, haha thats nice man.
Old     (norcal18)      Join Date: Nov 2007       01-13-2008, 8:51 PM Reply   
my problem has been that my feet are too close together on the landings
Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-11-2008, 10:10 AM Reply   
i landed a shuv at TSR(Texas Ski Ranch) about a month ago.. totally random trick.. my higher level wakeskating buddy fell and wen i rode by him.. i tried it.. just to see if i could get some attention.. and to my surprise.. it just happend to work.. you will get it... just keep tryin