Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old    bocephus            02-25-2006, 10:14 AM Reply   
Hey All,
I have been slalom skiing for about 20 years, been wakeboarding for 1 and want to try out wakeskating. I'm 6'3", 225#'s which board would be ideal for me? I'm not worried about the cost as much as the learnability and performance of the board. I have a slalom boat with tower if that matters and I love to carve on my wakeboard

Thanks,
Ryan
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-25-2006, 12:59 PM Reply   
At least a 42
Old    chriscut            03-02-2006, 1:04 AM Reply   
42 or 43 inch would be good for your weight and height. You could even get away with a 41, but i'd reccomend trying the 41 before you bought one. Depending on what you want to spend, and how long you want the board to last will decide which board you get. you can get wood, but it wont last as long as other boards out there that are composite or compression. I ride an integrity, and i love it. ive rode wood boards, they ride really nice, but I dont like the idea of having to replace boards all the time. I also dont want to deal with sanding down, repainting and resealing a wood board after they fall apart.

The best thing is to demo or to ride a friends board. this will let you figure out what you like the best.
Old     (deepcove)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-02-2006, 6:19 PM Reply   
Jed

If you are into carving and wake jumps and over 200 lbs a 43" wood skate would probably be ideal. I am 6'1", 190 lbs and I ride 42 & 43" wood skates. I have kinda long legs so I ride with a pretty wide stance compared to a lot of other riders. I also have a 41" Integrity which to me rides like a longer board, I think this is because it is a little wider than most boards. I am much more comfortable on this than I am on my 41" wood concave skate.

If you can demo it is ideal unlike my situation where I have limited access so I just buy it to see how it rides......which has left me with about 7 skates sitting in my basement....}
Old     (wakeskateal)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-03-2006, 2:44 PM Reply   
i have a 43'' wide LF armada that would be perfect for you
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-03-2006, 10:53 PM Reply   
I ride a HL Byerly but if I could go back and do it all again I would pick up an Integrity. I have heard nothing but rave reviews about this company and their product, and it is rider owned as well. Definately check them out for a high end skate.
Old     (samhill)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-06-2006, 7:11 PM Reply   
Look into the Sattelyte Evolution 43" wood board or the Liberation Composite 42".

www.strictlyskates.com