Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-06-2011, 7:50 PM Reply   
.... This year these three all fall on the same week.... so total chaos in an already insane city.

I have a room booked already, just wondering if anyone else (local or vacationers) knows how hard it will be to do things due to the number of people that will be in town that week?

My last two trips were pretty mellow as far as how busy Vegas was and it was kind of nice... just wondering what sort of lines I can expect at the following because of the convention:
Bars/Clubs
Table Games (hopefully lots of drunk online poker fools for me to rob though)
Airport/Taxi/Shuttles/Limos
Other attractions

Also, is there a way to beat these crowds?!... I figure the ladies will want to do the clubs, should I be thinking about getting a table/bottle service lined up months in advance seeing as prices and availability may make it tough?
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-06-2011, 8:01 PM Reply   
We were there 4th of July Weekend & it wasn't much worse than any other time we'd been there. I'd imagine it would be similar w/ the special events going on.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-06-2011, 8:15 PM Reply   
Good to know... I've really only been there on "off" times and even that is pretty crazy.

Do they do a pretty good fireworks show on the strip?
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-07-2011, 5:41 PM Reply   
Honestly, there wasn't much of anything different than normal, or as normal as Vegas can be.
Old     (hogger)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-08-2011, 10:17 AM Reply   
We were there a few weeks ago.
Went to the Ghost Bar, it was kinda weak. Sweet view, but I think it's popularity has worn off. Getting in was easy.
Headed over to Surrender at the Encore. That place is sweet. Bring the ladies to get in, and guys better wear a shirt with a collar, and have some extra cash for the door man to get to the front of the line. Like a Benjamin or two.
Next night we went to Tao. Place was PACKED. Getting in wasn't as bad as Surrender, but dress nice.

Sometimes the guys on the street offering VIP passes and stuff can pay off, they aren't all scams.

How many people in your group? Taxi's won't take any more than 5 people, so you can split up or get a limo. Super Shuttle is alright if your not in a hurry. If you need a cab on the strip. Go to the nearest hotel and get the attendant guy to call one for you, that way the driver has to take you. Otherwise they can refuse the trip.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-08-2011, 10:19 AM Reply   
please bring gobs of money and leave as much as you can. Nevada needs your business!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-08-2011, 10:47 AM Reply   
The only thing so far on my MUST DO list is Steel Panther is still at the House of Blues .., I think they play like every Sunday or Monday - must see again

Our group right now is at 7, but could very well be 11... two more couples are maybes...
Quote:
, and have some extra cash for the door man to get to the front of the line. Like a Benjamin or two.
Any night we plan on going out to a club odds are we'll do bottle service for the guys and "randomly meet" the ladies at the club... that way we have a table/booze/cover/etc etc all included and for the costs of booze/cover its really not a bad deal.

Anyone ever been to Voodoo @ the Palms? .... they have a $70 all you can drink deal, and for a club/lounge that pays for itself reaaal fast.... just worried its janky as hell or something
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-08-2011, 10:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Sometimes the guys on the street offering VIP passes and stuff can pay off, they aren't all scams.
For sure, some guy got 5 of us (3 guys 2 girls) into the bank + 1 drink each for free.... just some random street guy. Helps with then girls we are with are all there for Miss America stuff... easy on the eyes