Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Pannellboy004)      Join Date: Apr 2013       05-28-2013, 2:55 PM Reply   
Just give me some pros & cons?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-28-2013, 3:32 PM Reply   
Pros
Comfortable
Supportive yet flexible
Cable park strolling
Responsive
Very comfortable

Cons
Floaty and hard to swim in
Very, very comfortable
Old     (Pannellboy004)      Join Date: Apr 2013       05-28-2013, 7:29 PM Reply   
i wear a size 11 shoe so what size do you think i need to get?
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-29-2013, 3:13 AM Reply   
Cons also include 2x the time putting bindings on in the boat because no good willed rider should ever step on your interior in those things. More to go wrong, I didn't feel any advantage over baseplate free bindings.
Old     (mtownrydr)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-29-2013, 7:04 AM Reply   
I got some sz 11 new byerly system boots on ebay right now for cheap was treying to get at least $180 for them.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-29-2013, 11:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
Cons also include 2x the time putting bindings on in the boat because no good willed rider should ever step on your interior in those things. More to go wrong, I didn't feel any advantage over baseplate free bindings.
Thats dumb. They take no longer to put on than regular bindings. In regards to stepping on the interior, if the boat owner has a problem with it (I've not found anyone that does) its very easy to crawl 4 feet on your knees to the swim step.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-29-2013, 3:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan View Post
Thats dumb. They take no longer to put on than regular bindings. In regards to stepping on the interior, if the boat owner has a problem with it (I've not found anyone that does) its very easy to crawl 4 feet on your knees to the swim step.
haha... so why would i be okay with you stepping on my interior of my 60-150k boat with boots you walked on the cable park with and are more surface area than a foot? and since when does putting on boots then attaching ladder straps quicker then just putting on boots? and who in their right mind wants to crawl around

Last edited by simplej; 05-29-2013 at 3:28 PM.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       05-29-2013, 6:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
haha... so why would i be okay with you stepping on my interior of my 60-150k boat with boots you walked on the cable park with and are more surface area than a foot? and since when does putting on boots then attaching ladder straps quicker then just putting on boots? and who in their right mind wants to crawl around
More surface area means less lbs per square inch - less stress on vinyl

You people step on your seats??? Don't you know that's how stitching fails?
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-30-2013, 6:42 AM Reply   
the extra-time-to-put-on and stepping-on-upholstery arguments are kinda dumb, at least for me. Sorry to say. I put my boots and bindings on all on the swim platform and it takes me about 1 minute to get them on, lace up, and strap down. No boots stepping on upholstery at all or crawling anywhere. If you think 1 minute is "too much time" to strap in to these boots then you might want to loosen up your schedule.

also another pro to the systems that hasnt been mentioned is longevity. give me any traditional boots from any company (including hyperlites non-system boots) and after riding them for a month or two, they will turn into mashed potatoes or socks from a support stand-point. My systems from last year work just as good as the day I got em, granted the boots are more broken in than before, the support still remains from the bindings, I just click down a few extra teeth.

Yes, they are difficult to swim in. but the boat usually comes back to you to pick you up at the end of your set, no issue there. at the cable i swim to shore with my boots still strapped in, then unclick at shore. that may be a little more work sure, but its worth it ten-fold IMO.

comfort, support, response and longevity. for me the pro's outweigh the con's and thats why I wouldnt trade them for any other bindings. hope this helps.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-30-2013, 8:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Going into my third season riding them and have stepped on my vinyl. The bottoms are soft so they don't hurt it. I understand the thought behind it, but these aren't normal shoe bottoms.

Definitely feel the board is more responsive vs normal bindings. All in all wouldn't ever go back to normal bindings, love them.
Old     (Pannellboy004)      Join Date: Apr 2013       05-30-2013, 4:10 PM Reply   
Thanks this really helps!!!! They should be in two days from now.. Pumped to ride them
Old     (BlitzedVLX)      Join Date: Feb 2011       05-31-2013, 2:25 PM Reply   
I i leave my boots strapped in and carry it like a board with regular bindings to the platform. With the board on the platform, unstrap the systems, slide into the boots, strap em up and ride. After my set, while sitting in the water, i unstrap the boots from the board and loosen them enough so that when i get up on the swim platform i can take them off, shake the water out of them and then strap them back into the bindings.
Old     (Sp8race1010)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-31-2013, 2:58 PM Reply   
I want the system bindings for a few boards I have, that way I can just click into whatever board I feel like ripping on that day. Or riding a park board vs boat board.
I rode them last week for the first time and from a support stand point they were awesome. IMO the way to go if you ride diff boards