Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       05-14-2005, 10:57 AM Reply   
Im installing an amp in an 02' X-Star and Im just looking for some ideas as far as mounting the amp. So any info/tips and/or pictures would be of great help. Thanks in advance!
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-14-2005, 9:07 PM Reply   
Hey Shawn, you back from school? I'll be ready to blow the dust off in a few weeks if you guys are into it?
What kind of amp you installing?
Old     (miles_long)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-15-2005, 7:16 AM Reply   
I just put a amp, tower speakers, and a sub in my 05 X2. I put the amp in the front passager compartment with the fold up seat on the floor with risers so that it wasn't sitting directly on the floor. It is also conveniently right by the battery. I used a 5 channel amp, 4 to the tower and 1 to the sub. The sub is the new Clarion marine grade sport 10", the tower speakers are from monster tower with Polk audio marine speakers. I wanted to get the marine grade JL audio sub because the existing JL speakers in the boat sound so good, but I could not get one anywhere. BTW, the Clarion sub rocks, and the polk monster tower speakers are F'n lound and clear!
Lastely that compartment that the amp is in stays dry, but just leave the seat open a bit when the cover is on so that there is no condensation.
Hope that helped!

Old    bambamski            05-15-2005, 6:28 PM Reply   
Miles did you go with a sub box or is it more of an open air set up? One of the installers that looked at mine thought it would be ok to go open air as it's kind of closed off with the seats.

Just interested if you built a box.
Old    tod            05-16-2005, 8:37 AM Reply   
Here is a box we built for a friends 02 XStar. If you are serious about sound I would go with a box. Response and performance are limited with the freeair set up.

Old     (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       05-17-2005, 1:20 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone, no idea how much this helps!

Tom, no Im not back from school, but Ill be back and forth quite often. Should be home next weekend actually, we'll let you know if we are gonna ride. And as far as the amp, we picked up a pair of Fusion t-combos so Im installing the amp for those.
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-19-2005, 7:13 PM Reply   
Shawn, Can't wait to see and hear the fusions. Those are going to look sick on your tower. Hope to see you guys soon.
Tom
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-19-2005, 9:03 PM Reply   
i will try and take some pictures this weekend. i have 3 amps and 2 10's under the dash. the subs are one TIGHT fit, but they are in there.
Old     (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       05-20-2005, 10:28 AM Reply   
Thanks everyone, could you also tell me how you mounted the amps, ie. did you use a dummy wall if so how did you mount that to the boat?
Old    tod            05-20-2005, 1:17 PM Reply   
The inboard side of the passenger compartment is reinforced from the factory. If you are looking for simplicity you can mount the amps here. MC does this with the factory clarion/JL junk...........
Old     (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       05-20-2005, 2:18 PM Reply   
I know that part of the wall is reinforced, you can see thst its raised up, but the stock amp is in this position and there isnt enough room on the raised protion to fit another amp. Or am I worng?