Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old    juice            05-06-2005, 5:07 PM Reply   
I'm looking for a new board. It's between the Murray or Substance.
Old    wickedwake            05-06-2005, 7:20 PM Reply   
I havent ridden the Murray, but the Substance is definetly my second favorite board! It is just an all around perfect board.
Old    dmonnny123            05-06-2005, 7:31 PM Reply   
i dunno i got the 2004 temet 142.3 and it is IDENTICAL to the 05 Murray.. Just different graphics.. Heck .. personally i like my graphics a whole lot better than the new o5 murrays.. and the 04's a lot cheaper than the 2005.. I love the temet ? murray... great overall board.. real smooth buttery landings.. excellent pop, forgiving landings.. and super fast.. all with a continuous rocker to boot.. personally i dont think you could go wrong.. check out my board.. youll be glad you did.... I sure am!~
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-07-2005, 8:40 AM Reply   
I ride a GB Harris now, but I used to ride the substance. I would go with it over the murray.
Old     (dozzzy)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-07-2005, 11:02 AM Reply   
whatever you do, buy it soon so you won't be using the ricky g all summer!
Your bro.
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-07-2005, 11:20 AM Reply   
If you've been riding a Ricky G board, go with the substance...they are more similar than the Murray and G.
Old    alanp            05-07-2005, 1:22 PM Reply   
apples and oranges. boards arent similar at all what made you decide on the murray?
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-09-2005, 6:56 AM Reply   
Murray board is really nice. Rides switch very well. Holds when you want, releases when you want. Haven't riden the substance though.

ERic
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-09-2005, 4:27 PM Reply   
X10,

I have an 04' Murray and I just bought the 05' Substance. Alan is right, the boards are really nothing alike. The Murray was a great board for me as a beginner. It rode well switch and the pop was always consistant. I always got the same pop off the board each and every time. The Substance is a 3-stage rocker and the pop is much more abrupt than the Murray board.

With that said I like the LF Substance more than the murray. I ride the substance finless and it still tracks very well. It also does well on transitions when cutting, the board locks in well and cuts hard to the wake. On the surface without the fins the board is easy to manipulate and do surface tricks with. With that said the pop is more difficult to control in my opinion. This is partly due to the fact that I just started riding it and partly due to the fact that I have never ridden a three stage rocker board before.

If I were you I would go with the substance.