Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    zerozool            07-26-2004, 10:50 AM Reply   
I've been boarding for a couple of years, but a few days ago, my board was stolen from my garage (a crappy Evil Twin obrien with 2000 moon boots).

I'm 5'11 and weigh like 150. The insurance is paying out to get me a new board so money isn't a real issue :-)

One of my main problems on the water is the wake I get from our families Glastron outboard boat. So I want a board that will give me as much pop as possible.

Oh and I need to get bindings, but I have a high instep, if anyone else has this problem and knows of a good binding for it, that info would be helpfull.

I'm going to have to get hyperlite because I neeed to visit a actual store and we only have a hyperlite store in our area.

Thanks.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-26-2004, 2:02 PM Reply   
If you are beginner to intermediate I would suggest the Motive series. Great all around board, tracks well, pops good, lands great, and is the most forgiving board I've ever ridden.

If you are looking for a little more performance orientated board I would suggest the TFD.
Old     (braap)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-27-2004, 2:54 PM Reply   
I have a 04 parks and I like it alot, nice pop and lands nice..
Old    spinsir            07-27-2004, 4:50 PM Reply   
i have a 2004 parks DNA 143 with the parks binding and i ride behind a boat with no tower and no weight...give a good pop and soft on the landings. don't waste time with an intermediate board (Motive) unless you think you need one.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-27-2004, 5:07 PM Reply   
tell that to Fred.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-28-2004, 9:06 AM Reply   
The Motive is not just an intermediate board. Remember that was Murray's signature board a couple years ago when it was called the Belmont. My Uncle Fred who Thane is referring to is a Hyperlite Team Rider, throws multiple inverts, and rides the motive. He chooses that board because it suits his riding style. The board is awesome it does everything well. The reason I recommend this board to so many people is because it is stable enough for a beginner, but will not hold you back when progressing from intermediate to advanced. This board is an awesome building block.

Spencer have you ever ridden that board? Do you really think the Parks with such a radical 3 Stage rocker is the right choice for a beginner to intermediate rider who is still learning the fundamentals and proper technique?
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-28-2004, 9:11 AM Reply   
Order a CWB Absolute online since you don't have a local cwb shop. I ride behind a Glaston as well and the absolute gives me enough pop and the landings are so smooth..just weigh the boat down a little with ballast and your set!