Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            06-23-2010, 4:26 PM Reply   
I was talking with Todd at Towanza and he turned me on to these fins.

The marketing propaganda reads: Developed over the last six years, the Solus is a blending and refinement of the best design characteristics of the Scimitar, 3/2, and V2! Projects out of turns with crisp smooth rail to rail transitions, and holds speed setting you up for massive
power hacks off the top.

I had to read the "massive power hacks" twice as I originally read massive heart attacks! which, tends to be on my mind and is NOT a good thing! The Scim's ar great behind the boat, the 3/2's I felt sucked.

Carbon/Tex/Honeycomb construction, it's a good look - I hope they don't suck!
Attached Images

Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-23-2010, 5:20 PM Reply   
look pretty sick. You get a set?
Let us know haw they ride. Im still not sure what to get on my elevations. have the V2's that came with it.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-23-2010, 5:27 PM Reply   
these wont work on a quad will they?
Old    surfdad            06-23-2010, 6:09 PM Reply   
Yeah I pulled the trigger on them - 110 freaking dollars retail! I believe that they only come in a thruster set, for the time being. You can see in the picture that weird hatchet foil as the second fin. The rail fins in this set will be 3/4" deep and so would fit in the front boxes of your Elevation, but you'd still need to find something for the trailers.

I'll post up if the ride is worth the price tag.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-23-2010, 7:46 PM Reply   
Does Judy know?
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-24-2010, 10:49 AM Reply   
Cool, thanks jeff. Im still dragging my feet about reading up on fins.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-24-2010, 11:32 AM Reply   
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-24-2010, 11:37 AM Reply   
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-24-2010, 3:12 PM Reply   
Right on duff, I watched those yesterday. those elevon fins look sick haha. dont think they would do any good for wakesurfing do you?
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-24-2010, 3:18 PM Reply   
Prob not They look cool though
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-24-2010, 3:33 PM Reply   
oh well. I like when companies make cool **** like that. Those fins look mean.