Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-09-2010, 9:47 AM Reply   
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...heriff-to.html

be good out there kiddies!
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-09-2010, 10:27 AM Reply   
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-09-2010, 11:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
A $32,000 grant from the state will be used by the Yolo County Sheriff's Department to purchase personal watercraft for rescue and enforcement.
By Bill Lindelof

I thought the state was broke. Where in the heck did they find the funds for that. Then $32k should be 1-2 boats.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-09-2010, 11:57 AM Reply   
just don't break the law and you won't have anything to worry about.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-09-2010, 12:06 PM Reply   
thanks papa umali. your words are wise and true.
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-09-2010, 12:25 PM Reply   
Easier said then done... if some guy is wading in waste deep off a beach with car access, there is a 100ft 5mph zone. When there are three beaches right through great riding areas, stopping, pulling in the rider, etc is a pain in the arse!

-Uj
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-09-2010, 12:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakid View Post
just don't break the law and you won't have anything to worry about.
Well... It all depends upon that time of month for them also. Today might work to do something with the Popo in site and starring at the boat. Then the next day with the same popo, they pull you over.

Easier said than done IMO. And the main reason why I prefer other bodies of water at times.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-09-2010, 1:55 PM Reply   
I'm all for it ! They usually hang out south of I-5 and around old Sac, Keep the idiots in check hopefully.

UJ the Sutter county guy's are by far the worst to deal with ! I better find out the H2O patrol deputy's and kiss ass now !

I'm cool with the DA's maybe I can name drop if needed...lol
Old    kaligirl            03-09-2010, 2:18 PM Reply   
"The department's Marine Patrol Section had applied for the funding from the state Department of Waterways to buy Honda AquaTrax personal watercraft and an inflatable boat. An AquaTrax F-15 lists for $13,000 on Honda's web site.

The department has three patrol vessels for most enforcement activities. Personal watercraft, however, are quicker and more maneuverable vessels than patrol boats."

It sounds like they're buying PWCs to (hopefully) monitor PWC activity on the river. I'm sure they wouldn't hesitate to ticket a boat operator but I'm glad they've realized that PWC operators need some serious monitoring. Anyone who launches regularly at Garcia Bend knows what I'm talking about. Last year some A hole on a three seater took out my 11 year old while she was wakeboarding by passing within 15 feet of her.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-09-2010, 2:36 PM Reply   
Kathleen, i am a regular at Garcia as well, and there are so many idiots on jet skis right around the dock. sometimes i will retaliate.
Attached Images

Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-09-2010, 2:39 PM Reply   
That was funny! That guy wanted to fight like 8 of us
Old    kaligirl            03-09-2010, 3:27 PM Reply   
Ahahaha! that's great!!!! We did end up chasin that guy down once I pulled my daughter in the boat. He basically said he was too stupid to know any better. Maybe the Popo will start educating these idiots and leave us alone? One can only hope.
Old     (sammm724centurion)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-10-2010, 10:45 AM Reply   

Maybe they can ticket all of the parents who let there little kids swim in at Discovery Park with no life jacket and no swimming abilities. And while they are at it, they can warn all of the idiots who are towing their kids in tubes and making circles and creating huge wakes up and down the river!!!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-11-2010, 12:31 PM Reply   
Al, that pick is absolutely classic. Nice work, bud. Ha, ha.
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-11-2010, 1:39 PM Reply   
I personally think the extra enforcement is needed and welcome it. If you are operating within the law and being safe it should not be a problem. As stated the PWC's are out of control. I too am a regular @ Garcia Bend, heck I live 3 blocks away and either ride or ride my bike there almost everyday and have seen some stupid sh-- happen in the area.

Rick
Old     (lfrider139)      Join Date: May 2007       03-12-2010, 7:02 PM Reply   
hahahaha epic pic right there...nicely done sir, nicely done
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-12-2010, 7:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammm724centurion View Post
they can warn all of the idiots who are towing their kids in tubes and making circles and creating huge wakes up and down the river!!!
when was that law passed?
Old     (sammm724centurion)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-15-2010, 11:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakid View Post
when was that law passed?

What Law? I said, "they can warn all of the idiots who are towing their kids in tubes and making circles and creating huge wakes up and down the river!!! " Pretty sure you don't need a law to give somebody a WARNING! But, now that you mention it...

FYI......................

Reckless or Negligent Operation OF A VESEL
No person shall operate any vessel or manipulate any water skis, aquaplane,
or similar device in a reckless or negligent manner so as to endanger the
life, limb or property of any person. Examples of such operation include,
but are not limited to:
1. Riding on the bow, gunwale, or transom of a vessel under way, propelled
by machinery, when such position is not protected by railing or other
reasonable deterrent to falling overboard or riding in a position or
manner which is obviously dangerous. These provisions shall not apply
to a vessel’s crew in the act of anchoring, mooring or making fast to a
dock or another vessel, or in the necessary management of a sail.
2. Maneuvering towed skiers, or devices, so as to pass the towline over
another vessel or its skier.
3. Navigating a vessel, skis, or other devices between a towing vessel and
its tow or tows.
4. Operating under the influence of intoxicants or narcotics.
Other actions, such as speeding in confined or restricted areas, “buzzing” or
“wetting down” others, or skiing at prohibited times or in restricted areas
can also be construed to be reckless or negligent operation.
“Hit and run” - Any person involved in a boating accident that results in
injury, death or disappearance, who is convicted of leaving the scene without
1) furnishing appropriate information to others involved or to any peace
officer at the scene, and/or 2) rendering any reasonable assistance to any
injured person, is liable for a fine of up to $10,000 or imprisonment for
up to four years, or both. A person responsible for an accident that results
in serious injury or death can be subject to a conviction of manslaughter
and can be sentenced to an additional five years in the state prison for
fleeing the scene.

I think that towing a tube and going in circles in small channels of the river would be classified as "Reckless or Negligent". I am pretty sure the POPO can find a reason to stop someone and cite them for towing a tube around other boats. Maybe you should take the ABC-123 class on boating!

Last edited by sammm724centurion; 03-15-2010 at 11:11 AM. Reason: added quote