Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-12-2008, 9:45 PM Reply   
is the hull good for surfing this year? anyone have any pearls of wisdom? i'm looking for a boat, primarily to surf behind... this is a copy of the ad... sound like a good deal?

BLACK WHITE, GREY 22', CD, RADIO, BOARD RACK, BEMINI, WALK THROUGH TRANSOM, 2004 MERCURY INBOARD MOTOR, BARELY USED. SNAP IN CARPET AND COVER. DOUBLE AXLE TRAILER.
PRIMARY OWNER FILED BANKRUPTCY. 39245 OWED. IN AN EFFORT TO SAVE MY CREDIT AS A CO-SIGNER I AM WILLING TO TAKE THE LOSS. 32000..
ALL INTERESTED PARTIES PLEASE CONTACT ASAP
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-12-2008, 9:53 PM Reply   
Sounds like a really good deal. Just make sure and have it checked out. The hull on the avalanche has never changed so it will throw an awesome surf wake. I always question adds in all caps and with bankruptcy in the description.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-13-2008, 5:08 AM Reply   
02 was the new hull, so you are good to go there.

With a lein on the boat, make sure you do the transaction in person and with your bank that you trust. If they want to do escrow and things become a hassle, walk away.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-13-2008, 10:00 AM Reply   
The Avalanche is one of the best wakesurf hulls.

There has only been one Avalanche hull. We used two Avys at the NWL National Championship last year. The boat made a very good wake on both sides.
Old     (kynd3)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-25-2008, 11:50 AM Reply   
I have a 04 avalanche c4 and I'm wanting to customize it even more for wakesurfing. Does anyone know if changing the pitch of the prop will give a bigger wake? or is it better to use a 3 blade vs. 4 blade prop?
Old    mobster            03-25-2008, 11:52 AM Reply   
weight & trim tab will do wonders
Old     (kynd3)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-25-2008, 12:22 PM Reply   
trim up or down?
Old    boardco13            03-25-2008, 1:08 PM Reply   
The Avalanche surf hull is awesome. One thing to keep in mind with the walk-thru transom is if you have any goofy riders it is a bit more challenging to weight it on the starboard side. 32k is a good deal if the boat checks out ok.
Old     (ollies_drew)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-25-2008, 1:46 PM Reply   
That is a steal for that boat!!!!!! And the hull is amazing. I have the right to get whatever boat I want to use from Centurion and I have a new Avy in my warehouse right now. I love IT!!!!!!!!
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-25-2008, 2:00 PM Reply   
Mitch, I like the Avy with the walk thru for goofy wakesurfing. We filled the sack under the walk thru and the center tank, we put a 750 behind a the driver, and then put two 400s on the walkthrough up to the driver. The goofy wake was nearly identical to the regular wake.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-09-2008, 4:00 PM Reply   
I have an 04 avy and agree with Drew, it is awsome for surfing. Whats up Drew? just checked out your new instructional. Nice work!!
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-10-2008, 6:15 PM Reply   
Drew, I've seen your posts on how you weigh your Avy. Please post some pics if you get a chance here or CentCrew website.

The weather is just breaking here and my project will start shortly, but my initial Avy setup is going to be: Stock 250 Center Tank, 750 in port locker, 400 tube sac under port seats moved about a foot towards the bow so it's a foot into the flipup cargo area.
I want to see my setup before I add to the bow as I'm going to take the plumbing off my starboard tank and run it to the port 400 tube. Thus I can use the stock plumbing and be upgraded to some more weight in a day of modifications. I'm not going to setup for goofy as I have the walkthrough and my most important want is no bags in sight.
I have the switchblade too and you're the first I've heard that engages it at all. (2). From everone's writeups it sounds like I'll find out that I need some pop bags in the bow to lengthen the wave. Look forward to pics of everyone's Avy setup.