Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wake_dad_sc)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-24-2012, 2:01 PM Reply   
Very nice pop. I wasn't expecting to see an NFL Baller get that much air. Very nice. He just may be the best wakeboarder in the NFL
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            05-24-2012, 2:07 PM Reply   
I think I saw his boat for sale somewhere but now I dont remember what site
Old     (the_fish)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-24-2012, 5:08 PM Reply   
Link?
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-24-2012, 6:03 PM Reply   
Look on the home page
Old     (Bolo)      Join Date: May 2011       05-24-2012, 8:44 PM Reply   
I was really surprised seeing the pictures and seeing the level he's riding at. As an NFL player, wakeboarding would be a huuuuge risk. An injury wakeboarding in the off-season could potentially be season or career ending and if your injured doing anything other than football you don't get paid. Knowing that, it's obvious how much he really must love riding, and that's awesome!
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-25-2012, 6:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
I was really surprised seeing the pictures and seeing the level he's riding at. As an NFL player, wakeboarding would be a huuuuge risk. An injury wakeboarding in the off-season could potentially be season or career ending and if your injured doing anything other than football you don't get paid. Knowing that, it's obvious how much he really must love riding, and that's awesome!
My sentiments exactly!
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-25-2012, 7:59 AM Reply   
That was a good interview. He seems like a genuine guy. I love seeing things like this and give me more of a reason to follow his career in the NFL.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-25-2012, 8:10 AM Reply   
I'm surprised he's doing interviews are advertising he's wakeboarding. Odds are there are clauses in his contract against activities like wakeboarding. I know there are ones to stop skiing and snowboaridng in all NFL contracts
Old     (ShawnB)      Join Date: Oct 2010       05-25-2012, 10:28 AM Reply   
The pro football player that used to live in our neighborhood wouldn't even go on my boat, let alone try wakeboarding. His contract didn't allow him to do anything.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-25-2012, 12:13 PM Reply   
Kellen Winslow Jr. is all I have to say.
Old     (wake_dad_sc)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-25-2012, 12:13 PM Reply   
Sheldon is a great guy. Laid back family man who loves skiing and riding especially with his family. This is his off season workout. He says he is in better shape now than when he lived in the gym. Less injuries too. Eleven years in the league as a starter is quite a phsical feat. Maybe they should have an NFL mini camp with wakeboarding and skiing.
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       05-26-2012, 8:23 AM Reply   
I'm amazed he's allowed to get on a boat. That is crazy liability for a pro athlete. My guess is his agent is calling him as we speak
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-26-2012, 12:13 PM Reply   
Him wakeboarding is kind of weird but maybe he had it written into his contract. In the interview he says that wakeboarding/skiing is basically his off season workout and he stays in great shape doing.

I have a buddy that was an olinemane for the Hawks and is now on the Bears. HE bought a wakeboarding this year. Not sure if he will try and wakeboard or surf though. He is 6'3" 300 pounds or so so it would be funny to see. I know Luke Ridinoir(sp?) and Spencer Hawes both surf even though they are/were under contract.