Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old    kidrik            07-14-2009, 8:25 AM Reply   
O.K., I have a few questions. Are there any inspections of any kind required to launch on the lake?

AND, which ramps are currently open? Last time I checked, there were several under construction and set to open mid-july? I've read that Putah Creek, Spanish Flat and Berryessa marinas are all closed.......?

OH, finally, any info on "Capell Cove" ramp?

Thanks!
Old     (l1spoogy)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-14-2009, 8:41 AM Reply   
Rik,
There are 4 launch ramps open.
Markley Cove, Pleasure Cove, Steele Park, and Capell Cove. The first 3 charge a fee, between $15 and $25 dollars, to launch. Capell Cove is free. Since you are in Folsom Markley is the closest followed by Pleasure then Steele Park and then Cappel Cove.

We usually launch out of Pleasure it is $20. As far as an inspection yes they have an inspection but they just ask where your boat has been they do don't look it over.

You can also go to this site and self inspect and put the form on your dash. Saves a few minutes.

http://www.usbr.gov/mp/ccao/berryessa/docs/Form_Mussel_Free_Certification.pdf

Haven't launched at Cappel Cove in a long time it's just a drive to get there from here.

All the other resorts you mentioned are closed and will not be open this year maybe not next year either. They are on the West side of the lake so we never launch there anyway.

Since those marinas are closed if you want to get on the water on the weekend you need to get there early. If you launch from Markley no later than 9am or you risk it being closed.

I would launch at Pleasure if I were you nicer ramp. But getting there early is still needed.

(Message edited by l1spoogy on July 14, 2009)
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-14-2009, 9:08 AM Reply   
Just ride the river you LOLLY !

Like today...I'm not working...I'm just saying
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-14-2009, 12:27 PM Reply   
we launch at markley cove. we always have good water over there until around noon. the ramp is pretty steep, so its easy to launch. and its 20$
Old     (l1spoogy)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-14-2009, 12:33 PM Reply   
Sorry Pleasure cove is $26.25. Markley is $20.
Old    kidrik            07-14-2009, 12:47 PM Reply   
Hey Jeff, I got your LOLLY right here....

David, great info! Thanks. Yeah, I have some buddies staying on the West side near Capell cove, so that may be our best shot. And we'll prolly ride on a thurs & friday, and avoid the weekend madness!

As far as the inspection, is there a specific location we need to go, or will they hit us up at the ramp?

Thanks both Davids!
Old    kidrik            07-14-2009, 12:49 PM Reply   
Sorry David, I just read the link you sent. Looks like we just put the form on the dash....

Thanks again
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-14-2009, 8:06 PM Reply   
Rik KL was glass all the way up as far as we went ! I rode alright we took Joe's X2 and the wake was MONEY. Danny landed a Heel 7 it was so clean. I will call you if I don't work tom. You LOLLY

PFO
Old     (burbanized)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-14-2009, 8:22 PM Reply   
Steel park is $ 30.00 bones
Old    kidrik            07-14-2009, 9:11 PM Reply   
Jeff, I just got movement....... I TOLD Danny, just pull that handle to your hip...! Bah ha ha

$30 bones at Steele Park...? Wow. Does that come with a little "lovin'" in the parking lot??
(with a female Jeff) LOL

Thanks guys
Old     (ntoscani)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-14-2009, 10:50 PM Reply   
Has been a NW to SE wind the last couple of evenings, but during the week should be fine near the west shores, if you launch out of Cappell or Steele Park.
Old    kidrik            07-15-2009, 7:17 AM Reply   
Cool, thanks Nick. Can you tell me if Cappell is a decent launch...? Free actually kind of scares me a little....
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-15-2009, 8:56 AM Reply   
Rik I get to work today...Dang the Luck .

Have fun and be safe, We will hook up when you get back.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-15-2009, 10:14 AM Reply   
Cappell is a decent launch, paved with dock. Just launched there this last weekend.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-15-2009, 10:38 AM Reply   
Jeff - a little bird told me you're landing 3's and maybe even a 5?!? Nice work - I'll have to see it sometime. I let the handle slip through my fingers for the 100th time last night. GARRRR!!!

(Message edited by fatsac on July 15, 2009)
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       07-15-2009, 10:43 AM Reply   
Holy sh*t...
$30 launch fees AND boat inspections...
That's freakin insane.

(Message edited by kirk on July 15, 2009)
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-15-2009, 11:19 AM Reply   
No kidding, Kirk. I thought the same thing. And their so conditioned to accept it that when they find a free launch, they think it might be a POS.

We're supposed to be at Pleasure Cove towards the end of August. I'll let you know if it's all that.

See ya on the Snake in a couple weeks...... where the launches are free!

(Message edited by bill_airjunky on July 15, 2009)
Old     (ntoscani)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-15-2009, 12:03 PM Reply   
Rik- It is a decent launch (good textured cement, and I don't think dirt is showing yet) During the week it is free and easy. The weekend is free and a pain in the a$$. Very limited parking, and knuckleheads launching with occasional vandolism.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-15-2009, 8:35 PM Reply   
Fatsac somebody's been telling you stories !

I landed a couple olly 3's the other day nothing w2w.
Old     (caf77)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-15-2009, 9:50 PM Reply   
Cappell is a good ramp.Stay close to the dock, it is starting to get shallow on the out side. I was there on Sunday, what a zoo trying to get out at around 5:30.