Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old    lachlantait            03-29-2004, 2:26 AM Reply   
Aussie boy, Ethan Cliffors 10, youngest person in the world to land a mobe in competition
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-29-2004, 5:13 AM Reply   
Did he wrap it?

Either way, that is awesome!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-29-2004, 11:06 AM Reply   
What mobe was it? Straight back mobe or Moby dick or .......
Old    blindsiderider            03-29-2004, 11:10 AM Reply   
Thats cool, but how do you know it is a world record. There are alot of hot youngsters here in the states

(Message edited by blindsiderider on March 29, 2004)
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-29-2004, 1:16 PM Reply   
tony, he said "in competition." which means presumably it would have been observerd by multiple judges (as well as potentially numerous spectators), and perhaps even logged in an official record somewhere.

do you know of any 10 year old in the u.s. that's landed a mobe in competition? if you do it should be fairly simple to prove it.
Old    cmm83            03-29-2004, 2:22 PM Reply   
It's nuts man...I'm 20 and just got serious about wakeboarding like 7 months or so ago. I see kids out at OWC that are like 8 years old doing all this crazy stuff I wish I could do.
Old    blindsiderider            03-29-2004, 2:43 PM Reply   
Well let me see. I have seen kids as young as 6 doing some major sick wake to wake stuff. also sliders and kickers and yes it was in competition. What type of Competition are we talking about? I still think it is awesome that he can do the trick
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-29-2004, 3:05 PM Reply   
you sound a bit disingenous tony. you're not answering the question. are you saying you've seen a 6 year old do a MOBE??

sure, i've seen very young riders do amazing things - but they were amazing because they were 6, not because they were doing mobes. any 6 year old that's riding, let alone hitting sliders or doing serious w2w tricks (like 3s, inverts, etc.), is amazing in my book. but that doesn't mean they've landed a mobe.
Old     (bradzass)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-29-2004, 4:17 PM Reply   
Its true, he can land em, I didn't know he did it in a comp, we see Ethan and his bro's on the williams river all the time.. he rips it up..
Lachlin - where is deniliquin?? I'm from newcastle..
Old    blindsiderider            03-29-2004, 4:51 PM Reply   
I am not disingenous I think it is kewl that he can land a mobe.
Old    memberclothing            03-29-2004, 5:26 PM Reply   
The kid who landed the Mobe is Harley Clifford, Ethan is his older brother.

No, it wasn't wrapped either.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-29-2004, 5:40 PM Reply   
hmm, according to this page ethan is the younger one...

http://www.wakeboardaustralia.com.au/nationals.html

ty and harley are both listed in the 10-14 group. ethan is listed in the under 9 group. im assuming this is from last year.
Old     (bradzass)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-29-2004, 6:01 PM Reply   
All I know is Harley goes off, he would have been the one that landed it, I'm pretty sure he's the middle one..
Old    lachlantait            03-30-2004, 3:22 AM Reply   
Yeah it was in competition, infact it was the Aus nationals so many hundred can vouche for it.
cant say for sure if its a world record but i cant find anything than can prove otherwise.
all three boys are insane and all 3 secured hyperlite contracts last year, the middle one can pull TS BS 540's with ease!
brad deni is about 300km north of melbourne and about 45mins away from echuca
Old     (bradzass)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-06-2004, 3:27 PM Reply   
Harley doing a Mobe..
HARLEY