Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-15-2007, 10:53 AM Reply   
a few days ago and I realized how much I truely enjoy wakesurfing. It was a killer day in the 70's and the waves were chest high with sets in the overhead range. The only problem was there were 47 other surfers out there. There was either three guys behind me or at least one in front of me. I thought to myself, if I was wakesurfing right now I wouldn't have to worry about burning someone of getting burned and my 15-30 second wave would be extended to 5 minutes. Although I don't think I'll wakesurf head high waves behind my boat anytime soon, I really do enjoy it!
Late$
Wadd
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-15-2007, 11:18 AM Reply   
is that the hook in your profile pic? i don't think you have to worry about the sharp rocks when you wakesurf either.
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-15-2007, 12:30 PM Reply   
Jo, It is the hook. Have you surfed there? That was one of the days far and few between when it wasn't crowded.
Old     (jimgalloway)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-15-2007, 3:26 PM Reply   
Johnny, I had a great session last weekend at Rincon. Slightly overhead peaky swell, not classic Rincon, but really fun with less than 10 guys out. First session in over 2 months that was better than wakesurfing! I'm with you, alternating between these 2 sports makes me more enthusiastic for each one.
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-15-2007, 8:26 PM Reply   
I miss the ocean now and again since moving to TX from CA. However, since I've been been here for two years now, I've actually lost my desire to move back to CA -- the boat made all the difference. I enjoy getting back to see friends and family, but with getting up at the bum-crack of dawn to catch a few uncrowded waves, last time I was home in CA I actually missed my boat while I was fighting for my piece of the point. I do have to say there is nothing quite like dropping in to a nice head high + wave -- the adrenaline rush is amazing! All in all, it is just about fun. I had "step into liquid" on the tube for some background noise while doing projects around the house this weekend -- one of Laird Hamilton's buddies summed it up nicely - "Whether 20ft or 2ft, its all about putting a smile on your face."