Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       05-26-2014, 5:53 PM Reply   
Anyone done it? I was thinking of pd the purple and black side of the hull, but I'd have to take the decals off, which I'm sure would show up from fading if the pd didn't work out.

From what I read people thought that the pd would peel off from the water But I pd a stencil the other day and it held up fine on sat on the river.

I'm jusy not sure how to do it. Because if you leave the masking tape on for multiple coats itll peel off when you take the tape off. I guess tape it off spray one heavy coat down and take the tape off before it dries
Old     (T_A)      Join Date: Feb 2013       05-26-2014, 6:02 PM Reply   
More likely to cause problems further back where water will be dragging across it while underway
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-26-2014, 6:36 PM Reply   
Research the taping off, essentially you have to do 5-6 coats back to back without letting it dry them take the tape off immediately. Will probably look cool, worth a shot for the cost.
Old     (BGeorge01)      Join Date: May 2014       05-26-2014, 7:36 PM Reply   
I say do it! That stuff is strong, I don't see the water tearing it off. I have friends up north that pd their cars in the winter and they don't have any problems.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       05-26-2014, 9:18 PM Reply   
I'm gonna disagree here, I've done a lot of plastidipping and I don't think it'll hold up under the amount of water you'll have going over it. As far as the tape issue, you do everywhere that isn't near the tape with however many coats you want to do, THEN get near the tape and do a coat or two gently, then a heavy coat to match up with the rest and peel before it's dry.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-26-2014, 11:17 PM Reply   
plastidip the bottom right at the v and see how it does. water pressure is pretty intense. I'd like to think that it would work, but have a feeling that anything getting blasted by water at 40mph isn't going to hold up very good. I'd imagine a clean hull and prep is key here
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-27-2014, 5:29 AM Reply   
Don't think its going to work man. Wish I felt better about it for you but don't see it happening. The problem with this application is essentially the greatness of plastidip which is that it can be pulled off. I did my tower in PD and it has held up great but it will get knicked up and needs to be attended to. I think it would be great for a bit but the first small tear you get its going to balloon with water pressure and peel. Try it out and let us know but I feel like you are going to be wasting your time.
Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       05-27-2014, 10:22 AM Reply   
The area of the stencil is below the water line. I'll try a few more and test it out
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-27-2014, 10:34 AM Reply   
I found this out on the interwebs -
http://www.dipyourcar.com/forums/sho...oing-for-a-dip!!