Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (izzy)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-08-2013, 5:48 PM Reply   
Well I just started surfing and got a "beginner" board (Thrasher) and my third time on it the board folded in half. I was not doing anything funny just riding with slack in the rope (I was happy about that) got a bit over the front end balance wise and rolled into the water. Absolutely nothing violent!!!

Came up and the board was folded and creased where my front foot rides. "Ridiculous"

Is this a normal occurrence? I got this board because I wanted a beginner board that my family and friends could ride.

By the way it is the 5'6" version and I way 194 lbs.

Crappy end to a great day!
Old     (mmandley)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-08-2013, 6:50 PM Reply   
NO thats not normal, i would say it s adefect in the board and contact Ronix to see if they will swap it under warrenty or something.
Old     (supersteve)      Join Date: Mar 2013       06-08-2013, 7:21 PM Reply   
Good! Its a sign, start wakeboarding....
Old     (izzy)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-08-2013, 7:44 PM Reply   
Malo...I will attempt to contact Ronix on Monday and see what they say...

Steve...Good??? Understanding your trivial attempt to state that what you enjoy is the only thing anyone else should enjoy; however, I do wakeboard and enjoy it!!! My family and I also like trying new things. That being said..."Good" for the damage or loss of someones equipment...I am in the military and even though most on this site would consider the $300 I paid for the board cheep. IT WAS STILL $300 DOLLARS!!!! Grow up!
Old     (supersteve)      Join Date: Mar 2013       06-08-2013, 7:57 PM Reply   
You were embarrasing yourself surfing behind a boat and you want me to grow up?
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-08-2013, 11:16 PM Reply   
Troll^
Old     (izzy)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-09-2013, 11:56 AM Reply   
Has anyone had dealings with the Ronix customer service? I just want to get this resolved quickly so I can get back to learning!
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-09-2013, 6:52 PM Reply   
The Ronix dudes are awesome and in my experiences have always stood behind their product, a lot of the reason I switched back from slingy...
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-09-2013, 7:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy View Post
Has anyone had dealings with the Ronix customer service? I just want to get this resolved quickly so I can get back to learning!
They don't back their surf stuff like they should, the Koal surfboard is pound for pound the works board I have ever had experience with. Very brittle, de-lam, no coverage when things happen. I have said it many times on this forum, and I am in no way trying to "bash" the Ronix company, Im sure their wakeboards are awesome....but the Koal surf is true garbage. What board were you riding?

Last edited by WakeDirt; 06-09-2013 at 7:41 PM.
Old     (izzy)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-09-2013, 7:49 PM Reply   
I was on a Marshmallow Thrasher...(straight up beginner) I actually have it on video...I got "nose heavy" with my balance and the front of the board dove under the water as I was falling over the front...that is the point the front of the board folded up and hit me in the shin....

I do not think this sort of thing should happen...although I could stand to lose a pound or 2 it is not like I am 300 lbs on a kid's board...
Old     (izzy)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-10-2013, 4:41 PM Reply   
Up-Date!!! Talked with Ronix...they said talk with the dealer I bought it from (Bart's)...gave Bart's a call they requested pictures and now will either replace the board or issue a refund...

Bart's has won my loyal business!!!!!

Perfect!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-13-2013, 1:49 PM Reply   
(supersteve)??? ARE YOU FOR REAL???? thats more embarassing then Surfing! JMO
Old     (izzy)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-13-2013, 6:51 PM Reply   
Anthony...TROLLing DBs are worth the time...My story ends well...Bart's refunded my $$$ and I got a Phase 5 Razz to replace it. Should be trying it out this weekend! If the Las Vegas winds cooperate...
Old     (izzy)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-14-2013, 8:55 AM Reply   
Oops "are not"!