Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (shredsickgnar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-20-2010, 12:08 PM Reply   
A couple people on here have asked me how my new board rode so I thought I'd make a new thread and fill you all in. I've been riding a Slingshot Response for the past 2 years and I have the Oracle 140 flex. First off, what really sold me on the board was the center spine or double concave bottom. It is awesome! I've had 2 some what minor knee injuries this past year, and the spine helps soften the landings. I felt sometimes my slingshot would rebound when I would land in the flats and centered on my board, actually making the landings harder. So far this has not happened with the Humanoid. The double concave bottom makes the board transition very smoothly edge to edge, something which I felt was a huge improvement. However, the double concave does make the board a little bit slower on the water than the Response, which is a very fast board. The flex pattern seems close to the same, the humanoid is probably a little bit softer in the tip and tail for presses. The board is very smooth off the wake, very good for spinning. My 5s were coming around much easier. Pops great and releases quick. Overall I feel this board is a lot more user friendly than my slingshot was. I'd have no problem letting a beginner use it where with my slingshot I'd look around for any other board for them to use. I can't wait to go winch with this thing because that's where I think it will really shine.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       05-21-2010, 4:40 AM Reply   
i thought they are out of business
Old     (bullcrow)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-21-2010, 1:41 PM Reply   
First off Humanoid is no where near being out of business. Second I couldn't agree more with Nick Haish's review. Couldn't have said it better myself. I have been riding the Oracle Flex 140 for 6 months or so now and beyond love it. I have takin a few sets behind the boat with it, has great pop, tracks well, and wheelie's higher then any board I've ridden, but I mostly ride rails and winch, which truely is where the flex shines. Honeslty, if you are going for a boat board, try the stiff and flex both before you buy. When Humanoid says flex, they mean flex. We have about 15 retailers throughout the nation and now are moving International. So check the website, www.humanoidwake.com to grab you a board or find a dealer near you. The art lab is now open too, so instead of buildin boats all day on mastercraft.com, design a board for a change!

Here are a few pics form last weekend at Gravity Resarch Compound in Eastman, GA. Finally got to test the final product at a real rail park, not just winching...

http://www.humanoidwake.com/2010/05/...id-vs-gravity/ see more here

Last edited by bullcrow; 05-21-2010 at 1:43 PM. Reason: Add pic
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-22-2010, 7:37 PM Reply   
That's great to know. I've always been intrigued by them since the beginning. I'm looking at either the Oracle or the Watson Hybrid for my next board. I like that humanoid is a smaller company, and I love the art lab. I'm looking forward to riding one.
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-22-2010, 7:57 PM Reply   
What kind of base does the Oracle have? I'm sure its strong, just curious
Old     (shredsickgnar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-24-2010, 8:17 AM Reply   
They call it an HD base. It seems like it my be an ABS type base thats been glossed over. To be honest I'm not really sure. But it seems bomb proof.