Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (wake4chicks)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-04-2008, 9:02 PM Reply   
yea so me n my buddy decided to take his jetski out.. so we grabbed the wakeskate just in case we decided to use it. ne ways we did. and missouri river = 47 degrees, and air temp = 60 degrees. trunken it. we each took one run that lasted o about 2 min. and we were turnin blue and numb. i have to say it was def worth it tho. we had fun.. gave a lot of fisherman some good laughs. they were cheering us on and pretty much calling us crazy.. just had to share my first outing this year
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-04-2008, 9:33 PM Reply   
way to be!!! i definitely know how you feel. up here in green bay we had 37 degree water on a 50 degree day. i know the GOTTA GET OUT THERE feeling for sure. Fisherman stoked on people wakeboarding? SWEET!!
Old     (wake4chicks)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-04-2008, 9:46 PM Reply   
yea we did in in a spot whewre they wernt fishn. only when they passed up to get to there spot..
Old     (ckkohl)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-05-2008, 6:17 AM Reply   
I hate it when the fishermen get pissy with you tho.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-05-2008, 6:45 AM Reply   
I feel your pain Torey...I'm riding in Blue Springs on Friday. We'll see how that goes. (In Missouri, but right by the muddy mo)

(Message edited by garret_s on May 05, 2008)
Old     (sexysailor7)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-05-2008, 6:49 AM Reply   
dude you are a true wakeworlder through and through. i admire your courage and bravery and sounds like you had some great laughs along the way.... GO WAKE

S.S.7.
Old     (wake4chicks)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-06-2008, 12:29 PM Reply   
good luck garret. hope u dont freeze too much. we had towels and a sweatshirt ready for when we got out of the water. hopefully it wil warm up a bit and the wind goes down. they day we went out we had gusts up to 23. made the experience even colder.
Old     (junker_lf)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-06-2008, 12:59 PM Reply   
Hey Torey what time were you guys out riding? I went out at 6 and took a couple sets and its was perfect..
Old     (wake4chicks)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-07-2008, 11:17 AM Reply   
o id say we were started at 12 and were done bout 1:30. were u riding in the heart or the missouri?

and we should get together or meet up on the water or someting and chill. pm ur number or something.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-07-2008, 12:02 PM Reply   
I know how you feel man. I rode in northern MI last weekend in 39 degree water 33 degree air. Something about perfect butter on the lake though that makes you not think about how damn cold it is!
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-10-2008, 5:17 AM Reply   
I went out for the first time last Sunday. Water was under 50 and air was about 65. Managed about a five minute run till my wife dropped me.
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-10-2008, 7:00 AM Reply   
I just road last night with only trunks. Wasn't too bad would have been way better if it would have been sunny and warm instead of cloudy and 68. Every time I hit the water it took my breathe away but it's do able. I would say wet suit is the way to go.