Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (wakeman7)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-30-2007, 12:01 PM Reply   
Ok so we have a bunch of anoying fisherman on our lake but today I found out they are not all bad. One somehow dropped a seat in the lake which was a great thing to ollie over. I know this alone is a stupid thread so post your fisherman stories.
Old     (brody)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-30-2007, 1:42 PM Reply   
Whenever I ride, they seem to be off to the side always, unless they are powering to a spot, but they still go in a straight line. The seadoos and tubers are what make me mad.
Old    malibu73            07-01-2007, 7:57 AM Reply   
I have never had any problem with fisherman. The ones we have encountered have always watched as we went by to see if were going to throw something cool.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-02-2007, 8:37 AM Reply   
The freaking pwcs were crazy this weekend. I'm freaking tired of people trying to jump my wake that are not riding a board.
Old     (aldrichiii)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-02-2007, 10:54 AM Reply   
Some canoes made me mad this weekend. We were riding a line all morning and then they come and sit tandem perpendicular in the middle of our line. Then they get mad and start screaming at us when we went by them not even that close. I did go to a different part of the lake to let them get out of the way without my wake, and they were gone when we came back over that way. There's just not too many calm spots on the lake I ride on so its annoying when they sit right in the middle of the one ridable spot. I've never really had a serious problem with any of the fisherman though.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-02-2007, 11:50 AM Reply   
You know I enjoy a nice day of fishing and don't mind a Wakeboat with a rider, just if you going to get close enough to rock the boat throw something nice to look at. I go by fisher men all the time and usually wreck my ass and the clap and have nothing but good things to say. We have a 150' law here in utah so there pretty cool about it.
Old     (wakeman7)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-02-2007, 11:53 AM Reply   
Some times here they go right behind you with rider in tow.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-02-2007, 12:08 PM Reply   
Hahahahaha, that is great!

Last night I had a muskey fisherman trying to cast at our rider. Needless to say, I stopped drove over there and went nuts on him. Man some day I am gunna get in a fist fight with one of these guys. Can you imagine getting Hooks at 26 mph? He was actually getting rather close to the rider, those muskey rods can cast super far.
Old     (the_dh)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-04-2007, 1:37 AM Reply   
yesterday I had a guy pull out a megaphone and say that i needed to be over 100ft way. I was way over 100 yards away. Gave him a little bird and went by him like 20 more times and he had the megephone out everytime. I told him to call the copps but he just wanted to yell at me instead of get proven wrong.
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-04-2007, 2:39 PM Reply   
Yesterday there was so many fish in the lake we couldn't get our boat movin, luckly a few fisherman came and caught a few of them