Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 20, 2006

Old     (tidalwake0504)      Join Date: Oct 2004       12-04-2006, 12:37 PM Reply   
Has anyone thought about replacing all the snap in carpet in the boat with gator grip? I would think cleanup would be a lot easier and it would probably be just as comfy? Any thoughts? Drawbacks?
Thanks
Colin

(Message edited by tidalwake0504 on December 04, 2006)
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-04-2006, 1:26 PM Reply   
Colin i wouldn't do it because whats nice about snap in carpet is you can take it off, once you put the gater grip its stuck on your boat, just use the boat without the capet if anything. I would love to replace the carpet in my storage compartments with gator grip, I hate having carpet in there
Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-04-2006, 3:16 PM Reply   
Yeah Manny, but isn't it that what makes the snap in carpet so nice is that you can remove it - Isn't this because it's easy to clean once it's out. Wouldn't it be easier to clean the gator grip than carpet. So the removal wouldn't really be necessary. I hear what you're saying, Just thinking out loud I guess. Sounds like it might be a good idea to me. Not sure.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-04-2006, 3:42 PM Reply   
i have been on charter fishing boats where they had these rubber mats on the floor, worked great, they were soft with plenty of drainage. just hose them off when you are done and it is clean!
Old     (tidalwake0504)      Join Date: Oct 2004       12-04-2006, 11:47 PM Reply   
Carpets get dirty and smelly over time and I always used to shampoo spray down, and hang up for days to clean em. Gator grip will just drain out and be done, and probably more comfy than carpet.
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-05-2006, 12:33 AM Reply   
Colin,

Your idea is a lot like Epic Boats' foam floors.

http://wakeboardingmag.com/article.jsp?ID=44315
You will see the floors in this video.
Sounds like a cool idea. If a boat manufacturer is offering it as an option (I believe that's what epic is doing), then I'm sure it will work for you.
Old     (wiscoepic)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-07-2006, 8:55 AM Reply   
No the foam comes standard on the Epic. Only options are bimini and powered sub. Everything else comes standard.