Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old     (lemytry)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-13-2004, 6:49 PM Reply   
we had a small one a jet ski ran onto the back of a boat 1000 damage ne1 else have problems
Old     (ccraftskierfan)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-13-2004, 8:02 PM Reply   
We were in NH for the 4th on Lake Winnisquam, there was a tragic accident on Winnipesaukee which is nearby.
An 8 year old girl was thrown out of a bow rider and subsequently hit by the prop, while her aunt was turning to pick up a skier. Unfortunately her injuries were fatal.
Another fatality was a 40 year old man who drowned while setting a mooring.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       07-14-2004, 11:22 AM Reply   
Did anyone here about a brand new SAN that was hit in the middle of the night on the parker strip? I read about it on another board. I guess a drunk coming back from a bar late at night T-Boned the SAN that was anchored 15 feet off the beach. totaled the 04 SAN that had only 25 hours on it.
Old     (blue1439)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-14-2004, 2:00 PM Reply   
what else do u know about the san? do u know who has it?
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-14-2004, 5:04 PM Reply   
Hey, Jonathan, I heard about it. Someone said the SAN was close to mine in color. Hey, we're goin up to the Delta week after next, do you have a Delta trip planned yet?
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-14-2004, 5:43 PM Reply   
I saw one... WE were at mandaville in the delta watch the fireworks... there was this 108 foot yacht... Just beautiful! Anyways some people with a rented houseboat rams into them. No this wasnt like the current push the boats into each other... whoever was on the rented on (probably) drunk ran into the yacht close to full speed plus current.. about 8 mph maybe.. and punctured a hole above water line... Probably costing over 100K to get fixed....
No injuries...
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-14-2004, 9:52 PM Reply   
Careful, the Lawyers will come a swarmin.
Old    norcalz71            07-14-2004, 11:42 PM Reply   
a friend told me about one they saw at bullards bar the weekend of the 4th. i guess some guy w/ a brand new x-30 had a bit too much to drink, and him along with 2 girls and another guy were out on the lake blasting around. If anyone knows the big red clay penninsula that sticks out across from dark day marina (where people shoreline camp alot), the guy hit that penninsula head on moving at a pretty decent pace. my friends said he must have gotten airborn, because there were skid marks where they hit, then nothing, then farther up the shore more skid marks and then the boat itself. sheriff showed up, hauled the guy off and then drug the boat off the spit the next day. musta been crazy to see
Old    tommyadrian5            07-15-2004, 8:05 AM Reply   
we were down at round bay on the severn river on the chesapeake bay on saturday, we left at 4:00 to head home, apparently at 4:12 (in the paper) there was a jet ski collision where a small girl and her father (riding behind her) were injured.

I wasn't there, but i bet it was the same douchebag that was spinning the thing out 50 feet away from our boat, while we were anchored, with the entire rest of the bay wide open. His jet spray came close to getting into the boat a few times, if it had, i would have ran him over and saved the other jet ski some headache.
Old    ilovetrains            07-15-2004, 8:09 AM Reply   
A lady on a jetski with her two kids hit a bass boat. The lady died, but her kids and the father and son in the bass boat were OK. Happened on Smithville lake. Kinda sad, someone dies up there every year.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       07-18-2004, 12:47 PM Reply   
Jeff, Labor Day weekend for sure. You need to cruise up with us. We have about 4 to 6 boats coming out. Should be a great time. Headin up on Thursday and back Monday. Let me know if you're interested. We are camping "tents" great little camp site with great showers, bathrooms, onsite resturant and bar. Fun fun!! Let me know!

(Message edited by rock_n_boardin on July 18, 2004)