Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (MalibuLX3)      Join Date: May 2010       06-10-2010, 11:31 AM Reply   
So i just got some new boots (Ronix Kai) for my older Liquid Force board. They fit my board with the little adapter and they are very comfortable. My question is about setting the angle. I've read around a bit and since I am a beginnner I decided to set the back boot to 0 degrees and the front one to 18 degrees. My question is do I set each of the set screws on my front boot to 18 degrees, or one to 0 degrees and the other to 18 degrees? Sorry if this is some what confusing and I'm over complicating this, I just want to make sure I'm starting off on the right foot here (haha no pun intended)

Thanks guys
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-10-2010, 11:39 AM Reply   
18 degrees is a lot and when you start to learn to ride switch you'll want your boots angled the same. Start with something closer to 12 degrees on both bindings on both sides of the bindings.
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-10-2010, 11:56 AM Reply   
I have heard and always use the method of setting the board on the ground in front of you. Jump up in the air landing again with the board in front of you. Note the width and angle at which your feet landed naturally. Transfer this to your bindings on your board.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-10-2010, 6:28 PM Reply   
I think if you set one side to 0 and the other to 18 either the boot will be hanging off the heelside edge of the board or it won't fit at all. Set each side to the same number and centre the boot on the board.