Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (usarmyttt)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-27-2006, 5:12 PM Reply   
Does anyone use the flat bumpers instead of the round ones? If so are they better and why? My round bumpers seem to roll up and not do their job. Thanks
Old     (mhayes)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-27-2006, 5:20 PM Reply   
We use Hull Hugrs, and they work much better than the round bumpers that we used before. And they don't scratch the side of the boat.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/overtons/detail/pdetail2.cgi?r=detail_view&item_num=34911&fcat=2M1 0B
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-27-2006, 7:40 PM Reply   
i have had the exact opposite experience as michael. i have 6 round 6" diameter fenders. i bought a full set of the flat fenders, used them once, now they hang in my storage facility...they dont offer nearly enough cushion between boats of different height (i.e. cruiser and wakeboat) and they pinched up easier between boats of different height...
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-27-2006, 8:15 PM Reply   
I have used both, hull huggers & 6" bumpers... I prefer the bumpers. One of the issues with the bumpers is tieN em off at the right hieght. This year I decided to pre-set / loop all my bouys to a certain distance so it doesnt mattter who puts them on as they are all set to the correct length. Makes it a lot easier when people are trying to help.

3 weeks ago at Tulloch about 10 of us tied up boat to boat, one of the guys had the large 12" bouys & he was the only one of the bunch that never took a second look at his boat, not once. yes they are bulky & tough to store buthe didn't have a worry in the world. worked for him.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-27-2006, 8:43 PM Reply   
i have some 6" and some 8" bumpers, and have used the hull hugger thing too. the 8" work best by far.
Old     (massattitude)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-28-2006, 9:39 AM Reply   
I use the round bumpers with 1" web strapping and plastic buckles.
This way I can adjust the length of the straps to either a dock or another boat.
Just have plenty of them.
I still haven't found out how to keep the platform protected at Lost Isle???