Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-27-2006, 10:15 AM Reply   
I have two Pioneer CD-MR70 remotes and a Pioneer DEH-P680MP head unit. Pioneer has claimed we can use two remotes with a splitter and they will work (of course they said an MR70 would work with an MR80 and then changed their mind so we returned the 80 for a 70.) So far, they don't work two at the same time. If you only plug one in, it works fine. The buttons do not perform the correct functions when they are both hooked up. Anyone had any experience with this or have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-27-2006, 2:05 PM Reply   
make sure the plugs are pushed into the splitter all the way. Ive had problems with that before.
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-27-2006, 3:36 PM Reply   
Thanks for the tip. I am pretty sure they were all the way plugged in. We thought of that right away and much to our disappointment that wasn't the problem. Any one else have any other suggestions?
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-28-2006, 8:54 PM Reply   
With Pioneer's IP-Bus network, two remotes will NOT work together. This is different from Clarion and Sony.

Sorry. :-(
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-28-2006, 10:03 PM Reply   
how much do you want for your extra remote that won't work ?
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-29-2006, 9:15 AM Reply   
Jason I am thinking you may be right. But Clint, I am going to keep trying to figure out a way to make this happen. If I can't I'll let you know what I want for it. Pioneer says its possible, so we'll get back on the phone with them.
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-29-2006, 6:41 PM Reply   
The "70"s dont use the bus network only the 1/8th mini plug. My guess is one of the remotes is bad. They will work 2 together, I've done it before.
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-29-2006, 6:55 PM Reply   
Could it be that we have a bad splitter? I just got one from radio shack. I don't know if they are any certain brand or anything or even if that would make a difference.
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-29-2006, 7:08 PM Reply   
Oops, thanks for correcting me Chris.

Does it rely on a stereo 1/8" to work correctly? Maybe the splitter Andrew has is mono?
Old     (biz)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-30-2006, 6:47 AM Reply   
Did you check what Chris said about the plugs being pushed into the splitter all the way. When i installed my Sony remote i had issues with it not working correctly...i did not have the 1/8" plug pushed in all the way.

And Jason has a good point.

Do they work independently? In other words if you only hook one up at a time does each one work?
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-30-2006, 12:05 PM Reply   
It does have to be a stereo splitter. And yes it may be a bad splitter
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-30-2006, 2:35 PM Reply   
We checked and it is a stereo splitter, $5.99 from radio shack.

Each remote has a constant power wire, a ground and a plug. Both remotes are split into the same constant power on the head unit. Could that be making a difference? I don't see how it could, but I am running out of options.

I know the front remote works fine. We are going to double check the rear remote Saturday, but i am pretty sure we tested it already. I am not 100% sure what the ground wire on the rear remote is run to, but again I don't see how that makes much of a difference.

So unless the constant power wires are run wrong, I seem to have exhausted the possibilties.

Anything else before we get back on with Pioneer? By the way, thanks a lot for all your help on this issue.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-31-2006, 9:25 AM Reply   
hey, this is just a guess, but are you sure that it doesn't need to be a mono splitter? maybe it wouldn't make any difference, but at $5, maybe it would be worth bring one with you to try.
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-31-2006, 9:36 AM Reply   
Just to let you know incase you didn't already know, the power and ground wires are only for the illumination. Not trying to step on your toes.
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-31-2006, 10:22 AM Reply   
Do like you said and try each one independantly then if both work try a new splitter.
Old     (badknees)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-31-2006, 6:24 PM Reply   
I have pioneer head unit about 1 1/2 years old with same remotes (not digital remotes) had 1 remote go bad, but beyond that works great. I'm an idiot when it comes to installs, but you can definantly get 2 remotes of a pioneer unit.
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-02-2006, 6:20 AM Reply   
OK I went out yesterday and tried each remote individually. They work fine. I made sure every plug was in all the way. I plugged them both in and most of the buttons worked right, but not all. The I had the idea to twist one of the plugs and when I twisted it just the right way, it worked. This wasn't on the splitter where I twisted it, but on the plug into the unit. By the time I got to the lake it had untwisted, so I need to twist to the right point and then tape it so it stays. Thanks for the help everyone.
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-17-2006, 9:35 AM Reply   
As an update to anyone the reads this post for info on the same problem - it ended up being a bad remote on the back. We kept having problems and just bought another remote to try different combinations and found that when we replaced the back one everything worked fine. Now I wonder if we could have (or still can) use 1 displayed remote at the helm with the non-displayed in the back......
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-17-2006, 12:47 PM Reply   
NO!!! unfortunately they dont work together. Have been through this and found out the hard way. Spoke to the pioneer rep yesterday and he told me its a problem that they are aware of but dosen'tsee any fix for it in the near future.