Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    gobiggrom54            05-20-2004, 1:56 PM Reply   
Hey guys, i'm looking for a good trampoline. If anyone can tell me which ones they like the best and where i could buy it that would be awesome. also, does anyone attatch their handle to the poles on the nets around the trampoline?
Thanx- Max
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-20-2004, 2:10 PM Reply   
Don't get the jump king. It's the cheapest one but it sucks. I have my handle screwed to the side of my house.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-20-2004, 2:14 PM Reply   
We a rectangle facing long ways towards our house, so i have alot of side to side space, and have a rope bolted to the underside of the roof, then a handle. i like ours because all the round ones ive been on are really hard, and ours only really hurts if you land like off a double up all messed up. but yea, test jump some if you can see what you like, oh and go as big as you can fit in your space
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-20-2004, 3:05 PM Reply   
Check out a company called Jumpsport Alleyoop Sports online. They have a variety of trampolines and accessories to go with them. They even have a product called a bounce board that straps to your feet to give the sensation of wearing a wakeboard. There URL is www.jumpsport.com.
Old     (flashalexb)      Join Date: May 2004       05-20-2004, 6:29 PM Reply   
My friend tied his handle to a tree and it works just fine.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-20-2004, 8:18 PM Reply   
We have the Jump King and it doesn't seem bad. I just tied the rope to the rail on the enclosure then ran a rope to a stake in the ground cause it's to far away from a house or tree.
Old     (cowdoc13)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-21-2004, 5:28 AM Reply   
I purchased a 14 ft by 16 ft rectangular trampoline from Adams Trampoline about 4 months ago. (www.trampolineservices.com/). I went with a rectangular one because everything I read suggested rectangular trampolines had better bounce than round ones. The down side is they are more expensive and they are easier to get bounced off of if one lands off balance and too close to the springs. I got the 14 X 16 because it gave me a 12 x 14 ft mat. I am pushing 50 years-old and I am not as limber as I once was. I have gotten off balance while throwing tricks, but have yet to get bounced completely off the tramopline without having regained my balance enough to where I could step on the frame and then off onto the ground. I am really happy with my trampoline. It has helped me with new tricks and learning air awareness. Like most that have commented on trampolines, I can do more on it than I can on a wakeboard. But, I still think it has been a big help to me in learning to progress on the water. I think most people would agree that the bigger the mat size, the more comfort one has in throwing/learning new tricks. I learned a lot about tramoplines by reading other threads on this board and by looking at variuos companies websites. There are a couple of threads about trampolines in "trick tips" that may be of interest to you also. If one searches "tramoplines" on the Internet, there are numerous companies that sell them. I selected Adams because they were in my state. Turned out the manufacturer they distribute for was in Texas too. I could have bought it direct from the manufacturer for the same price. I also did an on-line search of the company I purchased from using a BBB website before buying the trampoline. I did not get the safety net because I do not have any kids and it added about $500 to the cost. My 14 x 16 tramopline ran $1500 delivered to my home. Round ones are certainly a good bit cheaper. Mat size was far more important to me than cost. That was why I went with the biggest rectangular one I could find. When deciding on what you want, recognize that the demensions of the trampolines most companies list in their adds is the frame size and not the mat size. Some companies do it by mat size, but most use frame size. Again, mat size was the biggest factor in making my selection. I am 6' 2" and weigh 195. Having a 12 x 14 ft mat gives me piece of mind when learning new tricks. When I was a kid, my family had a 12 x 8 tramopline. That would be a mat of about 10 x 6 ft. Had I gotten one that size, I would have been bounced off or landed in the springs several times already. I have my trampoline butted up against a tree in the yard. That is what I tie my rope and handle to. That is what little bit I know about them. Hope it helps.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-21-2004, 8:30 AM Reply   
dude, go to walmart and get the 12ft for $88. Then buy the net for $100. Or go net free if you are hardcore. I personally need the net since im trying mobes and stuff, i would kill myself otherwise.
Old    disbemrj            05-21-2004, 8:59 AM Reply   
Try http://www.superfuntrampolines.com/ .
we bought the 16 ft and it is great. High quality and great warranty.
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-21-2004, 10:02 AM Reply   
I think that if I had it to do over again I would not get the 12ft. I got mine a big 5 for 120$ (a huge sale) I was stoked and didn't do any research prior to buying it with two other friends. The 12's are way to small to really use it for all it's worth I have come off quite a few times and landed on the rail once while trying a tant with a 360 and about killed my self. So atleast go with a 14 and a net it is a must as chessy as you think it might look or be.
Old     (wakeboardqueen)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-21-2004, 10:52 AM Reply   
the kind that bounce
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-21-2004, 11:13 AM Reply   
Nets are the same prive as the tramp itself. You guys think i can make one?