Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-01-2010, 11:42 AM Reply   
i was just browsing around the westounds sight and came across a boat I have never seen before. Ton's of speakers and a very original install. Probably not for everyone, but darn nice craftsmanship.

Scroll through the first 20 or so pictures.

Tim who did this install?

http://www.wetsounds.com/pages/galle...bu/malibu.html
Old     (jason_b)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-01-2010, 12:14 PM Reply   
I would be willing to bet it was done my Insane Kustoms since it says that all over the boat/bimini. Nice install! Takes up Waaaaaay too much room for my personal taste, but definitely looks great.
Old     (4white)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-01-2010, 12:23 PM Reply   
Looks cool, but where do you sit?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-01-2010, 12:39 PM Reply   
I think I just threw up in my mouth...... I do however like how those amps are installed in the storage area. That is new and different.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       09-01-2010, 12:41 PM Reply   
It would be great to stub your toes all day on those hideous amp case things.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-01-2010, 12:43 PM Reply   
That is Insane Kustoms demo boat. Here are some shots of it, there are some on our facebook page too. It is INSANE for sure. All RGB Led's as well.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Attached Images

Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-01-2010, 12:58 PM Reply   
I'm not that good of a rider to draw that kind of attention.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-01-2010, 1:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by srock View Post
I'm not that good of a rider to draw that kind of attention.
You know what's funny about a lot of these guys with killer stereo setups? They don't even wakeboard or know how to!

I saw some guys at Carlos n charlies on Lake Travis Austin with a awesome Malibu and amazing stereo...so I started talking to them about it....asked how the wake was, and they replied "well, we've never wakeboarded behind it...we just use it for wakesurfing."

Killer boat though...
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-01-2010, 1:08 PM Reply   
hmmmmmm???????

Last edited by murphy_smith; 09-01-2010 at 1:11 PM.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-01-2010, 1:11 PM Reply   
CRAP....CRAP....CRAP

my lender just called and said I did not get approved for a wakeboard boat loan. I have a 750 credit score, very low debt to income and was going to put 20% down. his reason was that since I don't surf or wakeboard...i could not be approved.

NOW THAT"S FUNNY...I guess I will try and buy Sam Ingrams bass boat with cash listed in the forum

Last edited by murphy_smith; 09-01-2010 at 1:15 PM.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-01-2010, 1:15 PM Reply   
I just have the feeling that as people keep getting more rediculous systems,there is going to come a time that they completely disallow speakers on towers or they are going to start issuing tickets for first time you are stopped and take the systems on the second.Much like they do with autos now.

Last edited by wakebrdjay; 09-01-2010 at 1:18 PM.
Old    mojo            09-01-2010, 1:19 PM Reply   
haters man. until this is a communist country people can spend their money how they want. ya it's lame not to ride when you have a killer boat, but it doesn't affect you. did you ask for a pull?
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-01-2010, 1:20 PM Reply   
Probably right. Time and place for everything.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-01-2010, 1:33 PM Reply   
Like it or not a guy has to appreciate all the work that went into that install. Any idea on what they did for batteries?
Old     (summerobsession)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-01-2010, 1:47 PM Reply   
Did no one pay attention to the fact that this is a CUSTOM STEREO SHOP DEMO BOAT? It is supposed to showcase what they can do so you don't have to use your tiny imaginations!
I personally would not want that stuff on my boat and I bet that if you talk to them, they wouldn't either, but they can obviously do whatever you want.

Congrats on their hard work and hours put in to such a project!
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-01-2010, 2:39 PM Reply   
not for me, but very clean install
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-01-2010, 2:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05mobiuslsv View Post
Like it or not a guy has to appreciate all the work that went into that install. Any idea on what they did for batteries?
I want to know this as well. Hopefully it isn't 2 optima D34m's with a perko switch and stock alternator. That would be funny. 5 minutes of play time.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-01-2010, 2:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05mobiuslsv View Post
I see at least 5 Treo SSX batteries I believe in one pic on their site.
link to batts:
http://www.treoonline.com/ssx_batteries.html
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-01-2010, 3:33 PM Reply   
Definately a clean and nice setup and install. Not practical for a boat esp. on the floor but nonetheless a very nice install.
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       09-02-2010, 6:09 AM Reply   
While I admit this is way too much for my personal taste, I have to give props for the out-of-the-box thinking when it came to displaying their talents. The thing that really has me puzzled is pics 5 and 6 in the gallery. The tower speakers on top, they have no wires going to them and fill plugs where the wires would normally connect. Are the wires run down through the mount for a cleaner install or do those speakers not function?

Tim, can you answer this. I really like the clean look of no wires hanging out. If so, can this be done with any WS install?
Old     (bennn)      Join Date: Jun 2010       09-02-2010, 6:29 AM Reply   
definitely over the top but very cool setup.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       09-02-2010, 6:47 AM Reply   
Wow, I hope there is an alarm on that boat. It is for sure a look at me, look at me boat. Over the top, but still cool to look at.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-02-2010, 8:18 AM Reply   
The intentions of this install should be very obvious to everyone. It's clearly a demo/disply boat akin to a van rendered useless that a shop fills with subs to display their skills. Would you want this in your everyday boat? Probably not. The install is not for me but I can sure as heck respect the job and effort that went into it.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-02-2010, 8:45 AM Reply   
I hope over the top Or forward facing speakers is a trend that Dies like Neon ray-bans.

IMO not only does it look bad but the intent to play music in a direction with forward facing speakers just turns me off of the system right off the bat.

Im not going to judge a book by a cover. This guy and his system can be totally cool and play his system in a respectfull manner. But every other guy I have come across with forward facing HLCD speakers is a IDIOT I mean I can understand if you wanted to have a little musing up there but HLCD's Serious????.

Example you see a group of people all tied up. They are all side by side. Almost every single person is at the rear of the boat where the party and the music is. The one guy HAS to have his music blasting in a direction where it dosen't need to be going with forward facing speakers HLCDs for that matter. I guess that's what bugs me. Its like even if you chose to park in a spot at party cove where your not getting blasted by the rear facing speakers your gonna get blasted from the front.

Its like going to a popular restraunt and for some reason this one man or woman has to talk or be ten times louder than everyone else.

That being said this system is a easy fix the speakers can be turned around in like 5 min's and then this system gets a thumbs up from me LOL. But Serious nice work. The lighting and Amp racks are super cool . Nice work

What do you have for a charging system??
Old     (UNvisible)      Join Date: May 2010       09-02-2010, 9:19 AM Reply   
where is the bass?
Old    SamIngram            09-02-2010, 9:35 AM Reply   
In the water with the catfish...
Old     (mastercraf)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-02-2010, 10:23 AM Reply   
^+1
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-02-2010, 10:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNvisible View Post
where is the bass?
Im guessing rear lockers?

http://insanekustomz.com/our-work/

says there is 4 sub boxes and 2- 12s. (which I dont get).

As a side note, I hate when people spell custom with a K, as well as replaces an S with a Z. they seem to have done both. I have never understood it...and dont tell me it's because it's "kustom".
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-02-2010, 11:36 AM Reply   
^ kuz itz Kool Yo !! lol.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-02-2010, 1:10 PM Reply   
I'm glad someone posted this up so these people get the attention that they obviously deserve. The bar has been raised this year with the Texas Stereo project, the WetSounds demo boat and this job plus a few others I've seen on national forums. Its good for the industry and the tide raises all ships ...unless they're in your own back yard. Just kidding. Seriously, that's a nice job.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-03-2010, 4:44 AM Reply   
The shop that did this install is in a small town in West Texas....San Angelo. Scott and Becca Payne are the owners of the shop and are some of the nicest people you will ever meet in your life. Scott started the business as a way to give back to the sport. He is a wakeboarder and Becca is a SPONSORED wakesurfer...for all those who think they can't ride because their boat has a lot of speakers. This boat is their shop demo boat. They have another Malibu that they ride behind.

Insane Customs has been in business for roughly a year and have already sponsored wakeboard tourneys, surfing contests, stereo comps, etc. Great shop, great work and attention to detail.

Just for the record, they did not do the install on my boat. I just happen to know both of them from the lake and they are great folks.
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-03-2010, 9:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_e_m View Post
I'm glad someone posted this up so these people get the attention that they obviously deserve. The bar has been raised this year with the Texas Stereo project, the WetSounds demo boat and this job plus a few others I've seen on national forums. Its good for the industry and the tide raises all ships ...unless they're in your own back yard. Just kidding. Seriously, that's a nice job.

David
Earmark Marine
The bar has definitely been raised this year and I'm lucky enough to be owner of the Texas Stereo project!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-03-2010, 10:29 AM Reply   
FWIW, Brians is in my top two favorite installs on this site. It's over the top but somehow not at the same time. Outrageous and classy all in one.
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-03-2010, 12:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
FWIW, Brians is in my top two favorite installs on this site. It's over the top but somehow not at the same time. Outrageous and classy all in one.
Thats what we were going for!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-06-2010, 3:31 PM Reply   
I sometimes get a little sick of reading posts from "riders" posting negative comments about boats with big systems. There are some elements of this boat that are not my style but I see other elements that inspire me to add things to my own boat and that is what a discussion board is all about. Personally I do ride, ski, surf, barefoot and am willing to try just about anything else behind my boat in search for something new, challenging, and fun. I find a good stereo system enhances the fun so I am all for it. I would much rather see a bunch of non-riding folks partying on a beach with music versus tubing in figure 8's out in the only smooth part of the lake.
Old     (INSANEchick)      Join Date: Sep 2010       09-08-2010, 8:54 PM Reply   
Hey everyone! This is Becca with Insane Kustomz in San Angelo! We were excited to see our demo boat show up as a topic of conversation! Wanted to take a sec to say "thanks" for all the awesome compliments so far! We can also tell there are several questions about the boat and I thought I would answer a few of them. First of all, YES, this is a DEMO boat. It is pretty "over the top" but completely and totally functional. Although this is not a "typical" install, we wanted to showcase all the crazy things we can do for our customers. In designing this entire boat, functionality was a big concern as we are riding behind this boat almost every weekend. My husband, Scott, is a wakeboarder and I am a wakesurfer. It is important for us to have plenty of room for friends and be comfortable but still be able to showcase Insane Kustomz. Every time we hit the water, it is a marketing opportunity for our business and to promote the industry. For example, all of the speakers that you see in the boat can be switched on and off independently on our switch board to showcase various combinations. Most people wouldn't duplicate exactly what we have because we all know it doesn't take many Wetsounds speakers to be heard! But we can start at just a pair of Pro-60's and build up to what the customer wants including switching various combinations of subs.

And now to answer a few specific questions from above:
1. The custom amp box in the floor was designed with foot room in mind, honestly, I think I stumped my toe one time the entire summer, and it wasn't even on the amp box, it was from all the HUGE, unnecessary beach bags my friends bring on the boat, LOL. We even fit 18 people (over the limit, oops) comfortably in the boat during the 4th of July Parade Insane Kustomz sponsored! And who wouldn't want to see those sweet chrome Wetsounds amps that look so cool?

2. Killer stereo....check. Do the owners even know how to board? double check. LOL.

3. No, we don't just get 5 minutes of playtime...that would not be cool, we are powered by 6 Treo SSX 100B batteries, upgraded alternator and 2 power supplies for night time charging (and not to mention we lined up the batteries on my regular surf side...more weight is always better!!)

4. The speakers on the top of the tower DO function...very well! All of the clamps on ALL speakers are custom drilled to show no wiring. We do this on ALL of our marine installs. It is an INSANE signature...our installs are clean. So to answer the question, YES, this can be done with any Insane Kustomz Wetsounds install!

5. BASS: There are 4 custom sub boxes...two in the back lockers that contain 2 Atomic Apocalypse 15" Subs, one in the front locker and one under the driver that both contain 2 Atomic Apocalypse 12" subs. Each sub is individually powered by a SYN 1 amp (1000 watts). It hits like crazy...love it!

Hope this helps answer a few questions! Please ask us more if you would like to! Again, we really appreciate all the compliments from all of the wake enthusiasts like ourselves! If you would like to look at this project or any of our other boat installs in more detail, visit our website at www.insanekustomz.com or visit our facebook fan page at www.facebook.com/insanekustomzsanangelo, we have some HUGE ones coming this fall once everyone is off the water for the winter...definitely want to check back later to see them!

and "HEY MIKE!!! MISS YA'LL, THANKS A TON FOR THE POST!"

It's been fun!
Peace, Love and SURF,
Becca
with INSANE KUSTOMZ
Old     (INSANEchick)      Join Date: Sep 2010       09-08-2010, 8:58 PM Reply   
Oh! and a huge shout out to TEXAS STEREO...they have killed it on their installs!! way to go guys!
Old     (jason_b)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-09-2010, 8:12 AM Reply   
Great reply.

...and sick install.

I have always wondered though, (since you said ask questions) what would a RIDICULOUS install like that cost? I can't afford it, but I've always wondered when I saw something like it, "what did that dude PAY for that?"
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-09-2010, 9:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_b View Post
Great reply.

...and sick install.

I have always wondered though, (since you said ask questions) what would a RIDICULOUS install like that cost? I can't afford it, but I've always wondered when I saw something like it, "what did that dude PAY for that?"

I'd like to privy to that info as well
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-09-2010, 9:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by INSANEchick View Post
Oh! and a huge shout out to TEXAS STEREO...they have killed it on their installs!! way to go guys!
Thanks for chiming in, love your attitude and nice work over there.
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-09-2010, 9:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by INSANEchick View Post
Thanks!!
Old     (INSANEchick)      Join Date: Sep 2010       09-09-2010, 10:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_b View Post
Great reply.

...and sick install.

We have done some nice Wet Sounds installs for as little as $1,200 and some pretty sick(loud) and clean installs for $3,000-$5,000, but when you include all of the following:

Kustom Sound:
-Clarion CMV 1 DVD Deck
-Wesounds WS 420 Equalizer and PA
-Wetsounds Interior and Tower Speakers including:
Interior:
-8 XS-650 Interior Speakers
Tower: 13 Speakers including:
-2 Pro-60's
-2 Pro-80's
-1 3-Some (1 485 and 2 Pro 80's)
-1 Double-Up (2 MB8's and 2 Pro 60's)
Subwoofer:
-4 Kustom Sub Boxes (
-2 Atomic Apocalypse 12" Subs
-2 Atomic Apocalypse 15" Subs
Amps:
- 2 Kustom Amp Box's
-Kustom Wetsounds Wrap for Amp Box
-2 SYN Micro (250 watts RMS)
-2 SYN 6 (600 watts RMS)
-1 SYN 2 (700 watts RMS)
-1 SYN 4 (400 watts RMS)
-4 SYN 1 (1000 watts RMS)
-2 Vibe Line Drivers (Amplifies signal to Amps)

Kustom Power:
-1 Tsunami 40 Farrat Capacitor
-Kustomized Capaitor Enclosure
-6 Treo SSX 100B Batteries
-2 Power Supplies

Kustom Lighting:
-RGB LED Lights (Pick Your Color!) on:
-Amp Boxes
-Tower Speakers
-Interior Speakers
-Front and Back Blower Vents
- 14 Cup Holders
-Wakesetter Emblems on Tower and Interior
-RGB LED settings can be single color, multi-color or motion (red, green, blue, purple, yellow, aqua)
-Kustom Strobe Lighting on Interior and Transom Lights
-All lighting can be controlled by remote up to 50 yards away!

...the price can be upwards of $40,000, but very few people would go that far, although we would love the opportunity to get another one out there. We pride our selves on a clean and impressive install on every single job that we do, no matter what the size.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-09-2010, 2:57 PM Reply   
I'm not out to steal anyone's thunder but here is a link to another installation that I thought should be thrown into the ring just for kicks.

P.S. We have no association with this party.

http://www.detnews.com/section/video...0/587223006001

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-09-2010, 3:02 PM Reply   
I was guessing 35k...you guys are a little high. lol
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-09-2010, 3:04 PM Reply   
I was also wondering if here is a website for those subs? I can't find one anywhere.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-09-2010, 3:09 PM Reply   
david, that is a clean install! kinda unfair advantage.that hat would be nice in houston
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-09-2010, 3:29 PM Reply   
Hat? I assumed that was implants.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-09-2010, 3:40 PM Reply   
yeah the hat with the 3 computer fans that rip in so he can wash the hat, and the camel back to make his fan hat a swamp cooler.
Old    mojo            09-09-2010, 10:05 PM Reply   
wow. the most unsafe vehicle on the planet. i'm all for insane using my boat as a nautique show boat. i won't even make ya'll pay me for using the boat
Old     (INSANEchick)      Join Date: Sep 2010       09-10-2010, 9:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
wow. the most unsafe vehicle on the planet. i'm all for insane using my boat as a nautique show boat. i won't even make ya'll pay me for using the boat
ha! right! bet you wouldn't!
Old     (INSANEchick)      Join Date: Sep 2010       09-10-2010, 9:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_e_m View Post
I'm not out to steal anyone's thunder but here is a link to another installation that I thought should be thrown into the ring just for kicks.

P.S. We have no association with this party.

http://www.detnews.com/section/video...0/587223006001

David
Earmark Marine
oh wow, now that is insane in the other direction! they definately one uped us...er like 20 uped us! I knew we were forgetting something...a microwave and toaster! thanks for sharing this...too funny!
Old     (INSANEchick)      Join Date: Sep 2010       09-10-2010, 9:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
I was guessing 35k...you guys are a little high. lol
no, i think your guess was just a little low, LOL
sooo many man hours in this thing...Roger is our main installer, he is amazing...one of the best out there!
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       09-12-2010, 5:56 AM Reply   
Roger must be in the running for best with the Stearus 2000 installer....
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-12-2010, 8:02 AM Reply   
2:27 in the Steaurus video. Damn I want that distribution block. I had to settle for the one with maxi fuses.