Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-10-2009, 7:56 PM Reply   
i had the pleasure of riding the mccormick cable in tampa this weekend. everyone was laid back and very helpful. the taller towers really do make a difference for air tricks too...it's great. but anyway, i think they really went over and above what i normally expect....i had purchased an all day pass, rode for a few hours and end up breaking the tail of my board. one of the guys there just offered to let me ride his slingshot board/bindings since they were the same size (and didnt care about sliders!). my dad was with me as well (he's 75 and doesn't get around all took quick) and wasn't feeling very well that day, so he was chilling out in the car cause he didnt feel like walking to the actual cable lake (it's a bit of walk from the parking lot). one of the other guys saw him there and offered to give him a ride to the cable lake on of their golf carts. he was able to get around and take some great photos and then they gave him a ride back to the car when we were ready to leave. anyway, the cable is great and so are the people there. go check it out if you have the chance.
Old     (kasumi)      Join Date: May 2007       01-10-2009, 7:59 PM Reply   
I like it because it is not that crowded. When I learn to wakeboard I will def spend a lot of time there
Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-10-2009, 8:08 PM Reply   
Is it still not that crowded? I was there on a Friday back in September and I was by myself for an hour. Only had a kicker. It was fun even though I ride goofy. First time at a cable. Haven't been able to get back.. How is the water temperature?
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-10-2009, 8:54 PM Reply   
not too crowded when i went. not sure of the exact temp but it was definitely at least heater top. i had on a full suit cause i'm a wimp.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-11-2009, 6:13 AM Reply   
bigger lakes in Florida are right around the 70* mark... yesterday lake Rochelle was 68. I would guess it is about the same, but for a Wisco native that is trunk and vest weather.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-11-2009, 10:06 AM Reply   
Yesterday the bay was 71. I love that we are still able to trunk it in the second week of January.
Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       01-11-2009, 5:33 PM Reply   
I rode the week of xmas at OWC with no heater top and the water was def warm enough. It felt like mid fall conditions in Northern Illinois / Southern Wisconsin. Def going back in the spring
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-11-2009, 7:01 PM Reply   
Were any of the guys names Chance or Tevin! Tevin is the one with long blonde hair. Just wondering cuz chance is one of my best friends and I grew up with Tevin.
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-11-2009, 8:03 PM Reply   
Hey JD I remember you I commented on your nice shanes :-) glad you liked it!

(Message edited by jdwake1 on January 11, 2009)
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-13-2009, 8:11 AM Reply   
I believe Tevin was the guy who offered me his board and Chance was also there. Thanks Jon, it was definitely a great scene :-)