Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old    jessekib            06-12-2006, 12:37 PM Reply   
NEWBE here.....I am 5'-10" 195 and my wife is 5-9 125. We both know how to ride(beginner/intermediate) and both learned on a 141 size and i am looking into buying us a board. Can't buy two boards cause of the money these things cost. What in yall's educated opinions would be a good size for the both of us to ride, 138? looking to spend about 250 total. thanks in advance.......btw..great site you guys have here and keep up the good advice!
Old     (tbonus)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-12-2006, 12:44 PM Reply   
IMO You need two boards. Buy used and you should be able to keep within $250 for the two.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-12-2006, 1:00 PM Reply   
good advice on the used stuff. be patient, sometimes it takes a little while to find a deal on boards. you'll probably end up buying 3 boards instead of 1. if you're stuck on buying 1 for now, try to get a board that one of you can use later. buy like a 138 for now. and then get her a board later. you don't want to go much smaller than that as a long term board for yourself. for her, i guess that would be an improvement from a 141, but eventually she'll want something smaller 128/132 i would guess...
Old    ace_guy            06-12-2006, 1:05 PM Reply   
to man if ur getting one board for both get a board with 3 removable fins... that way u can get more out of one board. something like the liquid force team