Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-31-2012, 7:16 AM Reply   
Thought this was funny....

I am biased towards VW as we have a Touareg V8 for towing our x-star around. It does a better job that a F-150 pickup...hands down

http://jalopnik.com/truck-yeah/
Old     (chris_b)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-31-2012, 7:36 AM Reply   
First, I would like to see the 2500 in FWD. Second, I would like to see a little weight over the back axle. I wish I could have a go at one of these with my truck.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       12-31-2012, 8:12 AM Reply   
I'm a porsche fan so I like the toureg but I drive a chevy every day...

That said, I tend to think that these types of pull-offs are never black and white in regards to what is the better car. That toureg has an incredible all wheel drive system vs the chevy which is probably a very simple one...and may not have even been engaged (from the looks of the smoke).

Traction rules this one. I'm with Chris on this.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       12-31-2012, 8:39 AM Reply   
I'm still sipping my morning coffee... not rushing to the VW dealer to trade off my Silverado SS. No idea about the sophistication of my awd. But it is phenomenal in MN snow/ice
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-31-2012, 8:56 AM Reply   
Perhaps I'm mistaken but shouldn't his 4wd drive come on in when it starts slipping?

German engineering trumping the American muscle...
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       12-31-2012, 9:02 AM Reply   
The truck was in 4WD, as confirmed by the notes in the video and what the truck driver was saying. I saw somebody on another forum say that the truck broke the front diff (or something else in the drivetrain), hence the rear wheels spinning after it hopped.
Old     (chris_b)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-31-2012, 9:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
Perhaps I'm mistaken but shouldn't his 4wd drive come on in when it starts slipping?

German engineering trumping the American muscle...
This mini toy would not have a chance against my American muscle! I would have to have been there to see it in person, and to know the drivers. You can believe everything that is on the internet.
Old     (chris_b)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-31-2012, 9:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_B View Post
The truck was in 4WD, as confirmed by the notes in the video and what the truck driver was saying. I saw somebody on another forum say that the truck broke the front diff (or something else in the drivetrain), hence the rear wheels spinning after it hopped.
The internet also said the world was ending 12/21. It's funny how they didn't bother filming the front of the truck??? They should have proved it and shot the whole picture. That would have hurt me if that was my truck, but I won't have to worry about that with my truck.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-31-2012, 9:35 AM Reply   
Oh boy here comes the dong measuring...

All that 750 lb foot is useless when you can't get any grip. You're right, I'd like to know the driver and ask him if he seriously thought he could pull a German SUV with 75k worth of tsc vsc and Quattro goodies around with a lift and off road tires...power isn't worth a damn thing unless you can put it down put them in the dirt and it might be different.

Last edited by simplej; 12-31-2012 at 9:38 AM.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            12-31-2012, 9:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_b View Post
This mini toy would not have a chance against my American muscle! I would have to have been there to see it in person, and to know the drivers. You can believe everything that is on the internet.
Guess you havent been in these german engineered beasts before?? Dont knock it till you try it. Sounds like you're ready to battle for pink slips
Old     (chris_b)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-31-2012, 9:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
Oh boy here comes the dong measuring...

All that 750 lb foot is useless when you can't get any grip. You're right, I'd like to know the driver and ask him if he seriously thought he could pull a German SUV with 75k worth of tsc vsc and Quattro goodies around with a lift and off road tires...power isn't worth a damn thing unless you can put it down put them in the dirt and it might be different.
Oh, I can put it to the ground. I know a little about that coming from a racing background. If someone around me had one of those supreme German SUV's, I would loved to make my own video.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       12-31-2012, 10:01 AM Reply   
We own 2 VW's and I can say they have the best traction control system of any vehicle I have owned. Have had ford, chevy, hyundia, and just traded a Jeep. Jeep was close, but the VW is better. The Chevy's I had(trailblazer/Tahoe) were by far the worst. 4 wheel drive was OK when locked in, but the traction control system sucked.

Chevy has never been known for a great 4x4 system. Don't hear of alot of guys putting chevy running gear under their off road/ mud trucks or Chevy rear ends in their race cars.

But it is on the internet and is probably cooked up. Like the State Farm commercial says "they can't put anything on the internet that isn't true!"
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-31-2012, 10:08 AM Reply   
Then you should be giving respect where its due. This SUV and its brethren spawned from the car that first put awd on the map, the audi quattro, and engineering precision that can make a 911 take corners despite a flat six hanging out over the rear wheels(stubborn Germans).

The Chevy driver even proudly announces he's "locking it in" obviously referring to his center dif.

If your truck can do it then yeah for it, good job I'm sure it's a great truck I'm glad you love it. But you need to give credit where it's due.

Last edited by simplej; 12-31-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-31-2012, 10:38 AM Reply   
I like the comment of putting weight over the rear wheels of the chevy... that in essence would be cheating.... why not put some weight in the Touareg?

Traction is key as it was mentioned above... putting power to the ground effectively! 4Motion has been reviewed to be better than quattro in offroad situations as quattro has a 60/40 rear bias for performance. The 4Motion can actually shift complete power front to back and even side to side.

http://www.vw.ca/en/shopping_tools/i...hetouareg.html
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-31-2012, 11:10 AM Reply   
Watched the video again and it is so LAME.

A. Assumed stock Touareg vs a Chevy, lifted with off road tires. Not fair right of the bat.
2. Chevy NOT in 4 wheel drive.
III. Chevy driver sucks and has horrible throttle control, never lifting off the throttle or feathering the brake (watching rear brake lights, they never light up again once he starts)
4. The Touareg driver is a better driver, uses his brake and throttle during the pull.
E. Video shot at an angle that will not allow viewer to see if the street is level or not.

So basically the video leaves the educated/observant viewer believing that:

A lifted Chevy V8 Diesel truck driven by an idiot in 2WD High with oversized tires designed for off road use will get beat in tug-of-war by a Touareg V10 Diesel in all wheel, computer controlled traction contol, assumed to have been left completely stock (and by "stock" I mean in a state that a bunch of incredibly intelligent german engineers decided was best for overall performance of the vehicle after MILLIONS of dollars invested into the vehicle) driven by someone who knows what they are doing.

With that said, the Diesel Touaregs are cool SUV's that are highly capable of towing wake boats.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-31-2012, 11:44 AM Reply   
So awesome to see all the butthurt Chevy guys in this thread. It's 10x more entertaining than the content of the video (which was fine).
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            12-31-2012, 11:46 AM Reply   
^^^this
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       12-31-2012, 1:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
So awesome to see all the butthurt Chevy guys in this thread. It's 10x more entertaining than the content of the video (which was fine).
LOL....rednecks gonna redneck. I guess since one of the vehicles was German they weren't required to perform this stunt in a Walmart parking lot.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       12-31-2012, 1:50 PM Reply   
^^^Thats funny!!
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-31-2012, 3:31 PM Reply   
JD, I know you are not talking about me. I don't own a chevy and am not defending anybody. I was just pointing out some facts from the video, thats all, no butt hurtness about a terribly slanted video.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       12-31-2012, 3:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gti2lo View Post
I like the comment of putting weight over the rear wheels of the chevy... that in essence would be cheating.... why not put some weight in the Touareg?

Traction is key as it was mentioned above... putting power to the ground effectively! 4Motion has been reviewed to be better than quattro in offroad situations as quattro has a 60/40 rear bias for performance. The 4Motion can actually shift complete power front to back and even side to side.

http://www.vw.ca/en/shopping_tools/i...hetouareg.html
Can you show me how 4motion is different than quattro? I only ask because you state how quattro works without a link to back it up. Its the same MFR and I was sure it was the same system, cars being equal - passat - a6 etc
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       12-31-2012, 3:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_defacto View Post
Watched the video again and it is so LAME.

A. Assumed stock Touareg vs a Chevy, lifted with off road tires. Not fair right of the bat.
2. Chevy NOT in 4 wheel drive.
III. Chevy driver sucks and has horrible throttle control, never lifting off the throttle or feathering the brake (watching rear brake lights, they never light up again once he starts)
4. The Touareg driver is a better driver, uses his brake and throttle during the pull.
E. Video shot at an angle that will not allow viewer to see if the street is level or not.

So basically the video leaves the educated/observant viewer believing that:

A lifted Chevy V8 Diesel truck driven by an idiot in 2WD High with oversized tires designed for off road use will get beat in tug-of-war by a Touareg V10 Diesel in all wheel, computer controlled traction contol, assumed to have been left completely stock (and by "stock" I mean in a state that a bunch of incredibly intelligent german engineers decided was best for overall performance of the vehicle after MILLIONS of dollars invested into the vehicle) driven by someone who knows what they are doing.

With that said, the Diesel Touaregs are cool SUV's that are highly capable of towing wake boats.
Lets see a stock off the showroom floor of each vehicle do this test again... I'm betting a different result.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       12-31-2012, 4:56 PM Reply   
We are a VW family and I was under the same impression as Delta. 4motion and quattro same thing different name. Passat and A4 are the same platform. The 6 is much bigger and there was a VW model to match but it was discontinued. Phaeton I think it was called.

Whatever you call it, its a heck of a system IMO!! We are down to just Front wheels with traction control and in Minnesota they work great. Best traction control system in any brand I have owned hands down.
Old     (audionly101)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-31-2012, 8:37 PM Reply   
Ok, here we go rednecks, gear heads and 'das auto' heads alike. Here is my background: I have been a VW / Audi dealer mechanic for 10 years. I currently drive a Powerstroke F-350 and have owned a Silverado Duramax. Over the last 7 years since the V10 Touareg was released I have spent a lot of time driving and fixing them. They are amazing SUV's. Huge power from a small 5.0L v10. The all wheel drive system is a standard transfer case with optional locking front and rear differentials just like a Chevy. Both VW 4motion and Audi quattro systems are the same in older models such as Q7 / Touareg, A4 / Passat, TT / R32, Phaeton / A8. Newer VW's and Audis are using the same few systems but say a Passat and A4 are no longer using the same system. That being said the 4motion on a 04' Passat is different than a 2006 Passat or a Touareg as well. 4motion or Quattro is a generic term for all wheel drive or even 4 wheel drive. Back on point. Hooking a Duramax Silverado to a V10 Touareg is actually a pretty even match. The VW may come in a few hundred pounds less but is actually geared for mileage not torque. The traction control on a VW is not some magic ground ripping program. It limits power from the engine until the tires get traction just like every other brand out there. Traction control is for people who can not limit the power themselves. A decent driver would never want or need it. Place this video on the good / bad drivers and next time it is a coin flip.
For all of you who think "Well my ______ (Insert your, Gas 1/2 Ton, Explorer, Tahoe, H2, Silverado, Titan, Eco-Boost, Tundra, blah, blah, or blah) could do better" you are out of your mind. Those are both heavy, high torque diesel trucks. You have no chance.

Last edited by audionly101; 12-31-2012 at 8:46 PM.
Old     (Bill_Dad)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-31-2012, 11:50 PM Reply   
agree about the contest between the 2 but I believe the VW has a far superior traction control system than the chevy(i own a 2500hd) a friend of mine has a v10 vw , his has way better traction than my 2500hd. my truck just wheel spins!!!!!! German technology is great but you just cant go past american brute force.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       01-01-2013, 8:50 AM Reply   
Well said AJAX.

It always turns into a BRand WAR on this site. NEVER FAILS!!!!!
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-01-2013, 1:24 PM Reply   
Ajax- thought 4motion was haldex based and quattro is torsen based differentials...

Both are great but quattro was more performance oriented
Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       01-01-2013, 1:49 PM Reply   
I was seriously considering a 2500HD but after seeing this I might go test drive the tour egg! They make a fifth wheel attachment for them?
Old     (audionly101)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-01-2013, 3:24 PM Reply   
Quattro and 4motion are both Torsen and Haldex based. There are multiple generations of both Quattro and 4motion.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quattro...l-drive_system)
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-01-2013, 5:11 PM Reply   
If this thread makes you mad in a tug war... Then you ain't gonna like this video!!
My Cummins friend loves to poke fun at my Duramax & vice versa. it doesn't get to me, but probably will to some..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VciQ...e_gdata_player
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-01-2013, 5:16 PM Reply   
On a side note: how do i embed videos so they can be played directly on the thread instead of just embedding the link?
Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       01-01-2013, 5:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by durty_curt View Post
If this thread makes you mad in a tug war... Then you ain't gonna like this video!!
My Cummins friend loves to poke fun at my Duramax & vice versa. it doesn't get to me, but probably will to some..

That's someone who got butt hurt!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-01-2013, 8:42 PM Reply   
Quote:

Wow... Sucks to suck
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-02-2013, 5:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_defacto View Post
JD, I know you are not talking about me. I don't own a chevy and am not defending anybody. I was just pointing out some facts from the video, thats all, no butt hurtness about a terribly slanted video.
What you said and what I read are two entirely different things in this post.

What you said was that you dont own a Chevy and aren't butthurt.

What I read was:

"Let me show you how I am not butthurt by showing you how butthurt I am"
Old     (whirli_7)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-02-2013, 6:10 AM Reply   
Quote:

Pretty sure that is a cummins versus the 6.0 gasser. the chick screaming in that video is classic.
Old     (whirli_7)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-02-2013, 6:59 AM Reply   
If i was in that chevy i would have tossed it in nuetral, taken my foot off the brake and let go of the wheel, made the dude in the dodge sweat a little.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-02-2013, 8:52 AM Reply   
I looked at a Toureg for my wife. Beautiful vehicle but reliability ratings are awful. I don't know how vehicles with such poor reliability ratings sell? I went against my reliability "rule" once and purchased a used Mercedes from a friend who's husband passed. The car was a pleasure on the highway but I hated being in the shop every 2 months, never again.
Old     (vr6mole)      Join Date: Feb 2009       01-02-2013, 12:39 PM Reply   
This is my buddy's Touareg. I'll send him the link and see if he can post a response.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-02-2013, 1:37 PM Reply   
That pull-off video that DC posted looks staged IMP. Hard to believe that there are D-Bags that big that would do that just to prove a point. Either that, or there was A LOT of booze involved and they both regretted it the next day.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-02-2013, 2:38 PM Reply   
No way!

I will *not* buy the fact that douchebags drive lifted, modded pick ups.. Not happening.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-02-2013, 2:45 PM Reply   
But if they wanted to they could easily afford any of them.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-03-2013, 6:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by srock View Post
I looked at a Toureg for my wife. Beautiful vehicle but reliability ratings are awful. I don't know how vehicles with such poor reliability ratings sell? I went against my reliability "rule" once and purchased a used Mercedes from a friend who's husband passed. The car was a pleasure on the highway but I hated being in the shop every 2 months, never again.
I would think this would be the case as well. VW's are like Audi, Mercedes and BMW as far as I would never own one out of warranty. Also, if the Touaregs are anything like the less expensive VW's they are total hunks of junk.

One thing I was wondering about the pull off between the VW and the Duramax is what affect does the mud tread tires on the truck have vs the pavement tires of the VW? In the mud my guess is that the duramax would murder that VW. Also, something doesn't seem right with the rear end of the duramax hopping and then the the rear tires just spinning. What would happen if the truck actually had some weight in the bed so the rear tires actually had some weight over them?

The Touareg may be a good tow vehicle for it's size but anyone that says it tows better than a full size 3/4-1 ton diesel is drinking the coolaid a little too much. The VW just doesn't have the wheel base.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-03-2013, 6:43 AM Reply   
"I would think this would be the case as well. VW's are like Audi, Mercedes and BMW as far as I would never own one out of warranty. Also, if the Touaregs are anything like the less expensive VW's they are total hunks of junk. "

Curious what facts you are basing that on. The Jetta and Passat platforms both have excellent reliability ratings and higher owner loyalty numbers than their american made counterparts. My wife is on her 4th Jetta over 12 years. 1 had to have a electric cooling fan replaced. Other than that just normal maintenance on all of them. 2 of the 4 never had a warranty claim. All ran about 4 years and 75,000 miles. Total Junk. WE must be lucky and have gotten the only 4 good ones over 12 years.

I agree the Mid size Toureg is never going to out tow a Diesel 3/4-1 ton pickup. I personally wouldn't own a Toureg because they are small inside and IMO overpriced for what they are.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-03-2013, 7:06 AM Reply   
Yea VW and the other German giants have had issues but so has almost every other car manufacturer. Infact i would argue bmw would be one of the BEST used cars to own, they offer complimentary maintenance for 5 years or something crazy like that, when you buy a certified bmw you're getting a car that is guaranteed maintained by the dealer (at least mechanically)...
Weight in the bed would be cheating, besides if you think about the the foot and half lower toureg is pulling down on the back wheels as it pulls on the Chevy's hitch it's like having a tongue weight of 1 VW haha...
And no a toureg won't be a better tow vehicle but it will tow your wake boat and your entire family with ease and comfort, any midsize luxury SUV will, will tow 6500-7500lbs. It's no replacement for a pick up but come on cough up a little respect regardless of what kind of truck you own
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            01-03-2013, 7:09 AM Reply   
Im with this guy ^^^as far as reliability. Had 2 in the garage bought brand new and drove for 90k miles. 1 warranty claim on each, stereo trim bezel rattling and other heated seat module. Other than that, just synthetic oil, tires, brakes and wipers. Meanwhile the gm truck & yukon were taking numerous trips to random crap over & over again. My whole family is GM retirees so thats all we ever owned until I bought the VWs & ny experience was pleasurable.

And heck the one was involved with 3 rearend collisions and protected my ex every time.

People stereotype all these german cars as nightmares to drive or own. Not if u maintain the damn vehicles properly.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-03-2013, 11:55 AM Reply   
It is not a stereotype. Look at any reliability listing of vehicles. Mercedes is always at the lower tier. I love driving German vehicles and the styling but after owning a Mercedes, VW and BMW I'll stick with something that is listed as reliable, fewer problems and with a decent resale value. I always felt like I was getting screwed when out of warranty and the resale sucked.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-03-2013, 12:28 PM Reply   
The Touareg in 2004 when first launched had some issues, though our 2004 never was in the shop often. axle carrier bearing was doen under precaution but that was it. Our 2008 Touareg (face lifted) has had no issues and has over 105,000kms on it. Other than oil changes, one set of tires and brakes done last year (after 4 years) we didn't do a thing on it.

We plan on keeping it for more years to come and it still looks sharp and goes feature for feature with the newer models. We have the 4.2ltr V8 engine with 340 hp. Same engine as in the Audi RS4 and Audi A8 just tuned for low end torque.

You drive your vehicle 5 days a week for work... "maybe" tow once a weekend.. so why do you need a 3/4 ton truck that drives like a donkey and is hard to park in a normal parking spot for a function that is 10-15% of the overall use?
Old     (cboom12)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-03-2013, 12:29 PM Reply   
This little tow off is respectable on the part of the VW. I dont think many people would have picked it to win. That being said a more fair representation would be to hook a trailer to each vehicle with max tow cap. on them. Oh wait the VW cant tow #16,000. Ok lets put #8000, roughly the max of the VW. Again respectable performance by the VW but as a tow vehicle there is no comparison. And the the guy who say any gasser would get smoked by the VW. The #11300 rating on the ecoboost begs to differ.
Old     (audionly101)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-03-2013, 5:51 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOG90IQEbhI
Compare that to the Tundra pulling the space shuttle.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-03-2013, 7:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post

"Let me show you how I am not butthurt by showing you how butthurt I am"
I laughed at this, but then stopped once I realized that I did not know why I was laughing at this. Seriously, 3 vehicles and no GM's or Germans, just a keen eye for spotting "stupid". Anyhow...

To add to the discussion, someone mentioned that the Touareg obviously has better traction than a 3/4 chevy, but the 3/4 chevy was not designed to have great rear wheel traction... until it has a payload or trailer. The rear end of trucks are light, designed that way so that it can carry more. If the truck was equally balanced like the touareg, then it would be a terrible "truck" and only good at doing one thing... tug of wars against touaregs.
Old     (cboom12)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-03-2013, 8:39 PM Reply   
^^^^^ This.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-03-2013, 8:53 PM Reply   
Well atleast we have a thread that can be the worst thread of 2012, and 2013. Knock it off
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            01-04-2013, 6:26 AM Reply   
Just wait until I get the new diesel Range Rover...
Old     (whirli_7)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-04-2013, 6:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeDirt View Post
Well atleast we have a thread that can be the worst thread of 2012, and 2013. Knock it off
Well then, let me add this video of a tug o-war in attempt to turn things around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=qD5hhErLcqw

what happened here?
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-10-2013, 6:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
Just wait until I get the new diesel Range Rover...
Talk about getting to know the mechanic, you've just stepped it up a notch.

You could put a jet engine in the pickup. Its all about delivering traction to the ground.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            01-10-2013, 7:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Talk about getting to know the mechanic, you've just stepped it up a notch.

You could put a jet engine in the pickup. Its all about delivering traction to the ground.
Lol...took awhile for someone to reply to that.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-11-2013, 5:10 AM Reply   
Maybe it was too obvious
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            01-11-2013, 6:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Maybe it was too obvious
Im not getting this thread off topic, but I was serious in my post
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-11-2013, 11:45 AM Reply   
I have owned a Toureg V8. Meh...It was ok when towing. But what motivated me most to sell it was 9 mpg city and 11highway. Then my brake pads needed to be replaced.....$800 per axle. My diesel was $230 per axle. Sometimes too much engineering can be a bad thing.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-11-2013, 12:40 PM Reply   
That was great. I own both a Chevy truck, and a TDI Audi, so I'm not butt hurt one bit. I'd still love to see a rematch with the truck in 4 low on street tires. It should be able to drag that VW down the block.