Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-14-2005, 9:00 PM Reply   
I am looking at getting some of the fly high pro x series sacs for my rear compartments. I have a 98 sunsetter vlx but am unsure which ones to get. They have the regular pro x sac that is 750 lbs each and the vdrive sacs that are 400 each. Im unsure that the 750s will be able to fill all the way in the compartments. Does it matter if there is empty space in the bags and will it effect the wake if they aren't full? Any advice? Thanks in advance.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-14-2005, 11:13 PM Reply   
won't make any difference at all if they're full or not. ballast is ballast.

remember to put weight up front. with a possible 1500# in the rear, you'll def. need some weight in the bow.
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       09-15-2005, 6:43 AM Reply   
I just got the 750 Pro X for my front walk-thru. the thing is huge; it really bulges out on the sides, so you may have an issue with it putting pressure on the compartment sidewalls. When it fills up, it's pretty tall. On my Ski Centurion V-drive it would be bulging over into the engine compartment (the separator wall doesn't come all the way up).

One nice thing about this sac - it drains great. Much better than traditional vinyl sacs I've had.
Old     (flsurflover)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-15-2005, 7:54 AM Reply   
Consider ordering custom sacs through Boardersparadise.com. They are quality. A friend and I have 5 of them between us and I just ordered another one. No leaks in over a year. Only downside is it takes 3 weeks to get them. But they are much cheaper and you can have them made any way you want (bigger). But like Rich G said, all sacs bulge, so when you measure your compartments, order a couple inches smaller. I prefer to have as much of the v-drive and center floor lockers filled as possible. Then another sac in the bow as needed.

Edit: you can always not fill the sacs completely when you have more people on the boat or don't want as big a wake, but it's nice to be able to fill 'er up when you want.

(Message edited by flsurflover on September 15, 2005)
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-15-2005, 12:13 PM Reply   
I can get you Pro X in any size you want including custom.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-19-2005, 3:15 AM Reply   
How much would it cost fou custom (bigger) pro x V-drive sacs for a 04 VLX. I like those sacs but want bigger than 440's.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-19-2005, 8:42 AM Reply   
I get a quote from the factory. It depends, but usually another $50 or so depending upon size, complexity, etc.
Old     (robie)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-19-2005, 1:21 PM Reply   
I have the V-Drive set and I wish they were a little larger to fill the compartment all the way. If I could do it over again I would buy two 750's and put them in the back.

The triangle upfront is awesome if you are interested.
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-19-2005, 4:54 PM Reply   
Andrew, I run the MASSIVE 800lb Pro-X sacs in the rear of my X2(I removed the tiny stock hardtanks), with a Pro-Flight 540lb in the bow walkway.

The 800 pounder fits like it was made specifically for that application. It fills the whole compartment, front to back, top to bottom.

Old     (robie)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-20-2005, 1:47 PM Reply   
Joe,

Did you get these custome made? Or is that the one they call the 750? I wish they would put the fill a little more toward the middle.

I am thinking about selling my V-drives for two of the 750's. Or I may keep them and throw them on the floor.
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-20-2005, 2:15 PM Reply   
They call them 750, but that's a "dimensional" 750. Meaning, if you calculate the volume of the sac by multiplying the diameter/surface area of the round ends, by the overall length, they should weigh 750 pounds. They bulge quite a bit, so it's a tad more than 750 pounds.

I don't fill mine from the cap you see in the picture. They are plumbed into the stock pumps at the very bottom, right at the transom. I originally had the top cap plumbed into the stock overflow, but the sacs are so huge, the water starts coming out of the overflow before they are full.

Old     (robie)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-20-2005, 2:18 PM Reply   
Thanks Joe,

They need to start selling these as their V-Drive set. Would have been nice to know how well they fit before I bought mine. But I guess you live and learn.
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-20-2005, 5:28 PM Reply   
Here's a custom U-shaped bag, for under the bow cushions. It's about 600-650 lbs
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-20-2005, 7:26 PM Reply   
BTW, the big bag shown in the X-2 won't fit into the Tige 24V locker very easily. If I measured right, my rear lockers are about 40 inches long. That big bag is 50 inches.

I have the V-drive sacs and they fit pretty well. They are durable and seem well worth the extra money.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       09-20-2005, 7:47 PM Reply   
Icky,
How/where did you get that made? I've been searching for someone who would do that.
Information is much appreciated!!!
P
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-21-2005, 7:04 AM Reply   
I can get them made for you.

rider@boarditup.com
Old     (cbaird)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-21-2005, 7:56 AM Reply   
Joe, how fast do you go and what rope length works best for you when have the sacs full. I have an 05X2 and I run the stock (900) plus two 250's in the rear and a 350 up front and my wake gets a little washy unless I go about 23. I wonder if this is because I need more up front or if this is just what the boat does.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-21-2005, 8:45 AM Reply   
omg, this thread has exactly what I want.

I have a '00 xstar(x2). Joe, do you know if the compartment on your x2 is the same size as my 00? does it have the kinda flimsy wall sepearating it from the engine compartment?

I've also been looking all over for a U shape sack like the one pictured. Is it really 600lbs? that would be killer!

lets see
800 * 2 (rear)
600 (center)
600 (nose)

2800 lbs, all hidden. plus I have about 400lbs of lead
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-21-2005, 9:03 AM Reply   
Chris, we ride at 24.2 with a 75 foot rope. 80 feet is ok, but the wake is about 6 inches taller at 75, so I just stay with 75. If you're already getting some white wash with only 850 extra pounds, try moving some weight to the rear. Every other boat needs more weight in the front when the wake gets washy, but the X2 is a whole different animal. I've got almost 460 hours on my 04, so I've done quite a bit of testing.

dj, I believe the compartments are the same size, but I'm not absolutely sure. I added some metal reinforcement to the flimsy plastic walls of my storage compartment, but it probably doesn't need it. The plastic walls just bulge out and touch the exhaust manifold, which doesn't get hot enough to melt the plastic anyways.

Old     (cbaird)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-21-2005, 10:08 AM Reply   
Joe, I'll try putting the center sac in front of the back seat. Do you have any weight in front? Man I'll probably waist deep in the water on the swim platform. I wish they would have raised that platform. On my buddies xstar they fixed it and it is always above the water even with alot of weight.

Wow - 460 Hrs !!!! thats alot. I've only got 112hrs but I'm a little limited with the wife and 3 small kids.
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-21-2005, 1:54 PM Reply   
I fill the stock locker sac, and have a 540 coverless sac that I run in the bow walkway. If we have more than a driver and observer, the extra one or two people sit in the back seat.

If you're going to run the 800 pounders on each side in the rear, you'll probably need to get a lower pitch prop. I don't think my boat would even plane with the stock prop!

Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-21-2005, 4:00 PM Reply   
Paul,

It's made by Fly High. I bought my boat from skihut. Lee called in the request to Fly High. He used the rival industries ballast system/ tige hard tanks in the back, and this one in the front. I'm worried the hard tanks won't be enough, but I'll just have to see this weekend.
Old     (juice75)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-22-2005, 8:02 AM Reply   
Jeff,
Keep the post updated when you figure out what you want. I'm picking up a '99 Sunsetter vlx tomorrow, and I'd love to get some ideas.

I have the v-drive sacs (used them on my DD), and they worked great. I've never owned a v-drive, so this is all new to me.
Old     (rocketman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-22-2005, 11:35 AM Reply   
Joe,

If you don't vent during fill, be careful. I remember reading a post a very long while back where the vent got plugged on some guy's boat, and the water pressure caved in the fiberglass on the sides.

I remember seeing some other guy who put a push button switch at the top of his ski locker. When the ballast bag was full, it would push against the button, a buzzer whould ring, and then he knew to shut it off. Problem solved.