Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (dmontandon)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-28-2009, 7:01 PM Reply   
All you wake guru's.... 1 How does the direction of the prop effect the surf? And 2 how does the depth of the water effect the height and length of the pocket?
Old     (badbob13ftw)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-29-2009, 7:10 PM Reply   
dont know about prop rotation ... Depth is huge ... if its shallow... less than 7-8 feet my wake will drop 1-1/2 to 2 feet... ive got an 06 vlx w/ all factory balast loaded + 400 # sack midship + 400# in locker + wedge kicks up a nice wake ... were on the port side mostly ... hope this helps
Old     (bigcatpt)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-30-2009, 10:51 AM Reply   
Depth is huge!! I routinely surf a lake that is about 11 feet deep. If I go to a deeper lake I get another 10 inches to a foot of height on my wave. If the water level drops in the lake to like 9.5 to 10 feet my wave shrinks 6 inches to a foot. It seems like about 10 feet is a minimum depth for me to get a good wave on my boat (Centurion Avalanche)with enough push for my 250# body.
Old     (kernaltao)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-31-2009, 7:43 AM Reply   
From personal experience and reading many other posts, prop rotation also has a huge effect. LH rotation favors starboard side (goofy) and RH rotation favors port side. I have a LH rotation boat ('07 Malibu VLX), and there is definitely a big difference between each side. Luckily, most of my crew - me included - ride goofy, so we get the best wave. I know that at least Centurion gives you the option of which rotation you want based on which side you ride. This is permanent, though. Don't think you can change prop rotation!