Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-19-2013, 6:21 AM Reply   
Watched Phil win the pro tour on this board a few weeks ago in Grand Rapids and was wanting to try one out. Got the 2012 because i liked the graphics better and was a bit cheaper and still the same board. Got the 136 and I am 5' 10" and about 165 lbs. Wake was loaded VLX, and smaller DD malibu with wedge and 750-1000 lbs ballast. Board was super fast and tons of pop for a continuous rocker, my VLX wake is not super steep and it popped me wake to wake nice. Landed my first grabbed 3 with the extra air time, I am 38 with bad knees too It took me a while to get used to the speed, cut in for a tantrum and got to the wake in 1/2 the time as my watson. The rx is kind of billed as a cable board, but the built in fins would probably take a beating and it flexed WAY less than my watson hybrid, I had to ride it like a regular board, loading the tail for pop was not the way for me. The speed would be great for people that love air tricks. I could feel the flex on landings in the flats though.

This board would be sick on a steeper wake, the straight up pop would be great for wake to wake people. It felt like it had more drag than my watson, i think the RX has more rocker. Way less drag than the humahoid 1-up i demoed earlier this summer, that board has a ton of rocker!

I like giving smaller companies a try, rode slingshot way back in the day, i still ride a company and phaylanx. Maybe i just like being different. All in all a great board, maybe more of a young person/aggressive rider board. Me and my knees prefer the laid back ride of a true flex board so this one is for sale in the classifieds for $200 if anyone is interested.

Let me know if i can answer any more questions.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-19-2013, 7:14 AM Reply   
The RX is not tough enough to be a cable board. I wore mine down to the foam and broke the wooden spine in less than 4 months. Definitely liked it behind the boat. I'm 5' 8",145lbs, and also rode the 136. Riding a 140 Witness Grind now.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-19-2013, 8:24 AM Reply   
Here's Phil's new whip http://www.unleashedwakemag.com/?p=9102
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-19-2013, 12:09 PM Reply   
Yeah, definatly not a slider base. When i think cable board i think flex and a smooth bottom, not built in fins. Great boat board though. I bet Phils new board will be alot stiffer. Got a buddy that swears by his PS3, throws HUGE tantrums on it!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-20-2013, 1:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
The RX is not tough enough to be a cable board. I wore mine down to the foam and broke the wooden spine in less than 4 months. Definitely liked it behind the boat. I'm 5' 8",145lbs, and also rode the 136. Riding a 140 Witness Grind now.
What year model do you always reference if you don't mind my asking?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-20-2013, 3:31 PM Reply   
2012 - "Shreds obstacles like a hot knife through butter", or maybe the other way around.

Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-20-2013, 5:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
2012 - "Shreds obstacles like a hot knife through butter", or maybe the other way around.
In soviet Russia, obstacles shred you.