Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (smitty1258)      Join Date: Jun 2009       02-24-2012, 11:15 PM Reply   
Stuck On which car I should get next. please any advice is welcome.

What is the real difference between the es350 and the gs350? Which is smoother, quieter etc.

Where do you feel the new 300s stacks up against the lexus's?
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-25-2012, 7:23 AM Reply   
The ES350 is front wheel drive and the GS350 is rear wheel drive, also the GS is a bit more in terms of size, sportiness, luxury, I am waiting for the F variant of the GS to come out next year, suppose to be nipping at the heels of the M5, will see.

Last edited by scwellman; 02-25-2012 at 7:30 AM. Reason: typo
Old     (smitty1258)      Join Date: Jun 2009       02-25-2012, 12:16 PM Reply   
so the GS is more of a plush ride than the ES? I knew about the FWD vs RWD/AWD on the ES/GS. I mean mainly more on smooth ride, and comfort. I drive ~50k a year. A lot of the other guys have the ES350s, one has a GS, and one has a 300. I drove the new 300s and really liked it, I have also drove a few ES350s and like them as well, its hard for me to compare which was better because they were so different. I have yet to drive a GS.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-25-2012, 12:40 PM Reply   
Yes the GS is a more refined and nicer sports sedan than is the ES.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-26-2012, 2:37 PM Reply   
GS > ES as for as comforts.

I have an IS250 AWD and it ROCKS in the snow. AWD + the safety systems make this car a machine in the snow... honestly if there is <6" on the ground I would rather take my car than any other I may have at my disposal - family cars (GMC serria / Tahoe / CRV ).... The ground clearance is beat by the other SUVs but straight traction and control it is #1 I remember buying it and it was snowing that day, so excited for a few AWD donuts, but the safety systems would NOT let me get sideways, it is amazing.

I drive about 35k a year and honestly LOVE the car a ton. I wanted a smaller car (but still had 4-doors) and AWD and eventually landed on the IS ... GS was out of my price range and the ES styling didn't do it for me.
... I did test drive a GS and it was really nice and big inside, but felt too "floaty" for me... but then again I am use to a smaller sportier cars.