Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-19-2003, 3:41 PM Reply   
Ok, I made the stupid mistake of leaving the engine on for about 20-30 seconds after pulling the boat out of the water. It was just on and nothing esle. I did not see the temp guage above normal after turning it off. Will this cause any damage to the impeller or motor?
Old     (gvb)      Join Date: May 2003       10-19-2003, 3:54 PM Reply   
Engine should be fine. Impeller should be ok, you can always pop it out and look at it make sure, but 20-30 seconds immediately after having it in the water shouldn't cause any damage. Nothing to worry about.

-gvb
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       10-19-2003, 5:16 PM Reply   
I agree. Just watch your temp closely next time in the water.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-19-2003, 5:48 PM Reply   
Yeah, there is a big difference between running it out of water dry vs. wet. My friend forgot to turn my boat off and it was running for about the same amount of time and the impeller was fine - it lasted another 100 hours at least.
Old     (taylor)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-20-2003, 4:12 AM Reply   
I've done the same thing before, over a year ago, all is fine. Now, I'm make a special effort to remove the key and show the driver of my truck. best of luck to ya.